All Ears - Achievement Guide - Updated

It's been a little more than a year since I first posted this guide. If anyone is still interested in completing the 'All Ears' achievement, the guide has been updated for the current version of the game. If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer them. ~ Cheers! ;)
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." --George Carlin
Last edited by Hardmuscle on Dec 7, 2016, 1:15:34 AM
Appreciate you man. I am 81/84 atm and still need to do this. Your hard work does not go unnoticed!
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Hardmuscle wrote:
It's been a little more than a year since I first posted this guide. If anyone is still interested in completing the 'All Ears' achievement, the guide has been updated for the current version of the game. If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer them. ~ Cheers! ;)

Hi Hardmuscle, I only have one question, i'm trying this now, i was following Wiki guide didn't know about this one, and i'm at 76/77 on Act 2, no idea why i'm pretty sure i did everything, i comprared it to your guide and everything look correct, can it be a bug? i even did the 20 regret recipe.

in case you wanna check here's the wiki guide:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/All_Ears#Act_2

would be nice to hear from you if you have an idea what the problem is, maybe i should contact support? they should be able to see if something is missing or it's bugged

Last edited by MadLaneX on Dec 29, 2016, 4:10:08 PM
"
erdelyii wrote:
Just finished Act One Normal, 43/43. No way could I have done it without your guide Hardmuscle - thank you so much, also for such a large-font easy to follow layout with yellow danger text too. I'll chip away at it, and finally get there now.

It feels awfully strange replying to you a year later, but if you happen to see this, you're welcome and I'm glad I could help you knock this one out. ;)

"
Ahfack wrote:
Appreciate you man. I am 81/84 atm and still need to do this. Your hard work does not go unnoticed!

Thank you, it means a lot, and 81/84 is awesome! ;)

"
MadLaneX wrote:
"
Hardmuscle wrote:

Hi Hardmuscle, I only have one question, i'm trying this now, i was following Wiki guide didn't know about this one, and i'm at 76/77 on Act 2, no idea why i'm pretty sure i did everything, i comprared it to your guide and everything look correct, can it be a bug? i even did the 20 regret recipe.

in case you wanna check here's the wiki guide:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/All_Ears#Act_2

would be nice to hear from you if you have an idea what the problem is, maybe i should contact support? they should be able to see if something is missing or it's bugged

I'm really sorry I didn't see your post a lot sooner. I had some computer and internet problems which put me offline for some time. There are a few ways you can mess up in Act: 2. The most likely way is to not Kill and Help the Bandit Lords in the proper order (Kill, Kill, Help), for each difficulty. I realize this is a devastating possibility, but it is the most likely one.

While it's important to kill each of them 'first', it is also important to kill each of them 'second', as well as 'help' each of them. In a much earlier post, I gave an example using the letters A, B, and C, instead of their names, to show the significance of these orders. If the mistake was made here, this can be fixed using the different Books of Reform for each Bandit; Book of Reform (Alira), Book of Reform (Kraityn), and Book of Reform (Oak), but that could be horribly expensive, especially if you don't know which book(s) you need, or the problem was not the kill/help order, and even if it was, you'd be better off starting the achievement over on another character.

Kill A, Kill B, Help C = Normal
Kill B, Kill C, Help A = Cruel
Kill C, Kill A, Help B = Merciless

You can also mess up by speaking to any of the Bandit Lords at the wrong time. Such as, before 'unleashing the darkness' (in all 3 difficulties). There are warnings on my guide telling when not to speak to them. There are a couple of other ways you can miss a point, but.. since you've already been through each difficulty (Normal, Cruel, and Merciless), those mistakes can't be corrected without starting over. I cover those in my guide as well, to prevent them from happening.

With all of that said, it's really hard for me to 'guess where' you missed a point, but I am fairly (100%) sure it's not a bug. It's more like a royal pain in the backside, and I know how you feel.

I was unaware of the guide on the wiki, until right now. I'm not sure which one was first, mine (Oct 2015), or theirs, but I will say, it doesn't appear to be written with an intent to forewarn a user of the many possible calamities while doing the achievement. It mentions some, but not enough.

For example: On the wiki guide it shows point 36 (of 77) as: | Rescued | First talk to Helena |, but it doesn't bother to mention the method for obtaining that point. Which would be to 'Not click on the Strange Device' and to 'Not obtain the Baleful Gem', Kill Fidelitas, Talk to Helena where she was trapped, and then speak with 'Only' Helena at the Forest Encampment (use a Portal Scroll), to get the point for 'Rescued'. Then go back in your Portal and click the Strange Device to get the Baleful Gem. If you don't do it this way, you won't get the point when you talk to her later on. The wiki makes the separation in their table order, but they don't lend any clarification for how to do it.

On my guide, that's point 35 of 77. This is due to the order of going about it from start to finish.

If you decide to do this over, use my guide and try to build your character around the bandit order I used; just for the sake of completing the achievement without any confusion (or headaches), and you shouldn't have any problems. Aside from having to keep the Achievement Window open, just to properly monitor your progress when you speak to NPCs; else the counters won't show correctly. ;)
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." --George Carlin
Last edited by Hardmuscle on Jan 11, 2017, 5:21:02 AM
Wonder what they will do with this achievement on 3.0, since they are removing cruel, so you will no longer be able to get all the bandits dialog after then.
thanks for that :) maybe ill finish this achievement this league, cause of your guide.
"
SaintLucifer wrote:
Wonder what they will do with this achievement on 3.0, since they are removing cruel, so you will no longer be able to get all the bandits dialog after then.

If all of Act 1, 69/77 of Act 2, all of Act 3, and all of Act 4 are done in Normal, there is only 3 points to obtain in Cruel. Unless they plan to also eliminate the passive point gained for killing all 3 of the Bandit Lords (versus killing two and helping one) for Eramir, it shouldn't be overly complicated for them to relocate 3 dialogues. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens /slices paw/. ;)

"
Crazy1984 wrote:
thanks for that :) maybe ill finish this achievement this league, cause of your guide.

You're welcome,.. and may the Schwartz be with you! ;)
Last edited by Hardmuscle on Jan 19, 2017, 10:12:09 AM
Should be sticky. Too bored of breach to start this again, but it will be my new league starter!
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
quick question, if i completed all ears alrdy in normal (43/43) and obv my act2 is 69/77 do i stil need to do all of act 1 again in cruel? or do i just go to act2 for bandits and help another guy to get rest of act2

(same for act 3-4)

tl:dr do i need to do act 1 - 3 - 4 only in normal and act2 in all dificulties with dif bandits? or do i rly need do all acts in all dificulties
"
Should be sticky. Too bored of breach to start this again, but it will be my new league starter!

I keep thinking I should have posted this somewhere other than General Discussion, so it doesn't keep vanishing into the bowels of the forum, and I completely understand the boredom aspect. ;)

"
YunoMaining wrote:
quick question, if i completed all ears alrdy in normal (43/43) and obv my act2 is 69/77 do i stil need to do all of act 1 again in cruel? or do i just go to act2 for bandits and help another guy to get rest of act2

(same for act 3-4)

tl:dr do i need to do act 1 - 3 - 4 only in normal and act2 in all dificulties with dif bandits? or do i rly need do all acts in all dificulties

If you did all of Act 1, 3, and 4 in Normal, you don't need to do them again. After doing Act 2 in Normal, you still need to 'unleash the darkness' before speaking with any of the 3 Bandit Lords, to get the points in Act 2 of Cruel and Merciless. Pay attention to the 'kill, kill, help' order for Bandit Lords in each difficulty; it's very important. Here's an example to show how that works... ;)

Kill A, Kill B, Help C = Normal
Kill B, Kill C, Help A = Cruel
Kill C, Kill A, Help B = Merciless

Of course, if you change the order I used in my guide, the dialogue will be in a different order just as well, but the time they become available will be the same. I hope that makes sense. ;)

As Zephryl said, "..make sure that each one has a turn at dying first, dying second and surviving."
Last edited by Hardmuscle on Jan 18, 2017, 11:19:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info