Challenge League Post-mortems

GG GGG. Come out with a new supporter pack and take some more of my money please :D
GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
"When the next challenge league starts, there will be both a Standard and Hardcore version of it, with overlapping but slightly different content."

Finally! This is a great idea and I had no inkling why the two would be different.
Really interesting manifesto keep up the good work !
Hf :)
I am always struck by the willingness to acknowledge mistakes made along the development process reflected in posts like this one. This stands in contrast to many other developers, who apparently believe they can do no wrong with their games. The net result is a stronger relationship with your players (I have significantly more respect for you and your team reading stuff like this) and a higher quality game. Thank you for doing what you're doing.
About Rampage league
"
It was not a particularly popular feature and was eventually not added to the core game except in certain niche circumstances.

I loved that league btw, and the killing streaks were awesome.
Great News. Feel so lucky that I found out about PoE and started playing since Domination/Nemesis (having lost only one six-month league). This amazing post brings back memories...
CI >> Life
*sniff* I miss the Warbands already. :(

I felt they added a very interesting challenge to the game. Some were frustratingly difficult, but learning how to deal with the groups (ie whether to flank them, try to get individuals to follow you into traps, etc.) was part of the fun. I'm looking forward to seeing what we get in the next challenge league.

Do you guys plan on bringing Warbands back at any time? That would be awesome!
"
The Warbands ... added meaningful group combat experiences.

None of the people I played the league with (one of whom actually did get every warband leader challenge) would agree with this in the slightest. We unanimously felt it just added a handful of needlessly beefy trash mobs to every map, with very rarely any sense of actual threat or challenge. I personally found the lightning cloud left behind by some of the warband members more dangerous than the bands themselves. As for challenge, the only hard to kill members were the totem spammers because they would just run away at very high speed; not exactly fun.

Aside from that, this was a really great post. Looking forward to the next league.
announced later this year?.. so we're going to have a one month league and then nothing for a month or two?
It'd be nice to have some sort of "ultimate" league akin to the current challenge, but permanent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info