Denied

Certainly sir!

*Jumps in his water powered car and heads off to his cold-fusion powered home*
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
SkyCore wrote:

WTF guys, take your discussion somewhere else.

Well, in that case, entertain us with some progress.
"
kruemel2222 wrote:

entertain us with some progress.

Well iv been doing a lot of research on tools and libraries.
An authoritative server is ruled out for my purposes as i do not have cash for hardware and bandwidth. So im forced to use a peer to peer model. But matchmaking, app distribution, login authorization, and leaderboards still requires some form of server unless i wish to use a LOT of my users bandwidth/processing to distribute that load... that is a bad idea for a platform in which bandwidth often has an implicit monetary cost per byte, and energy is very limited when operating on batteries. But thankfully I found google play services which can provide all of those. But it requires a small registration fee (im unemployed, and that is money which i need in order to eat). But for now, i think i can abstract the network sockets into a form which can easily integrate that service at a later time (when i do scrape up the extra cash or have a more fully formed game which has a decent potential to recoup my loss).

On the more basic side, i now have the ability to easily transfer files from my desktop to my phone and navigate my phones file structure (unbelievable that androids dont have a shell or even file explorer by default). Iv also learned quite a bit about the androids OS, features, and capabilities.

One of the primary road blocks at this time is in how to represent triggered abilities of cards in a database. Im still mulling over on how best to do this, my intuition says some sort of markup language would be ideal but i really have no experience or knowledge of such a thing. If anyone knows of what i could google to find such a thing, let me know. Worst case scenario here is that i just hardcode these effects into the game and not include them in the card db at all.

Iv been sidetracked a little bit from my efforts though. I found 3 really high quality (and lengthy) youtube series:
"MathTheBeautiful" My grasp of linear algebra is currently weak:(
"UCI Machine Intelligence"
"Mathematical Computation" Not the most succinct or visually aided of videos... but approachable.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Oct 19, 2015, 9:18:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info