Just a booster shot : Spectral Throw is Not Dead Friends !

An easy Gorge run : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNfRUvfj1zE&feature=youtu.be

The link to the thread wich made me have fun for the last month :) :https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1424571/page/1

Now with ele buffs and leech change, dual claws seem the way to got for ST. If you see Mathil, please tell him that, been trying to contact him for days :D (He's doing a dagger ST atm)
IGN: TeslaChronos / Face_Tankit
Mathil did claws during the Awakening Beta, took it through Atziri at level 75 or something (wearing a Tabula, uncapped resists - the usual Mathil bullshit).

I think the essence of his feedback was that crit multi was still a massive pain the ass for claws, but crit was necessary to get decent damage needed for the new content/balance. The mana/life gain was also problematic for single target, IIRC.

Crit-Ele claws are still stupidly cheap though, so its still worth a crack.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Well, with right jewels and nice crit multi on both claws, you can go up to 580% with this build ;). I can assure you it's really not a problem. I currently have 438 crit multi without maligaros (wanted more life, so I took some nice rare gloves) and my DPS is enough to roll on 76-78 maps. Didn't try on 79's yet but I guess it's a breathe. I currently have 26K DPS, and we're talking GMP DPS wich is really nice. 31K with Atziri flask.

Another thing that come in handy is this
wich is just the awesomeness not mirrored xD.

Well thanks for the info for mathil but I'm sure he didnt really go that deep into the theorycrafting of this build. The thread I linked, this guy did it. He gets 56 K dps without charges or something like this.

Give it a shit if you have some spare currency and a spare respec, this is just like the good ol' spectral throw :)
No offense ment, but pretty much anything can run gorge. The map is as easy as they come. The investment needed for ST to actually feel enjoyable is to high. I played it after 2.0 hit and it's generally just garbage. Actually suprised they did not have a look at ST yet, it's one of the coolest skills in the game. Sadly it's not doing well in the current state of the game.

Miska, the linked thread has some pretty solid videos of high level content/stupid map mods - check them out before writing off on the basis of a gorge video.

@OP - impressive thread, I'm tempted to give it a go. I've still got a 6L legacy coil gathering dust in Standard.

I was disappointed that it promised Uber capable, but had no vid :(
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
If they would just add a way for the spectral weapon to revolve outward around the character, spectral throw would be in great shape. (and I know it's already coded into the game)

Everyone just wants their blessed hammerdin back.
"
Miská wrote:
No offense ment, but pretty much anything can run gorge. The map is as easy as they come. The investment needed for ST to actually feel enjoyable is to high. I played it after 2.0 hit and it's generally just garbage. Actually suprised they did not have a look at ST yet, it's one of the coolest skills in the game. Sadly it's not doing well in the current state of the game.

Hello Miska, I never really tried to say it was hard. I even said it was an "easy" run. I didn't mean easy by the gear/tree of my character, but easy by the aspect of the map, you said it yourself : Gorge is pretty easy and straightforward.

I'd recomend to check the thread I linked here it is again : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1424571/page/1. What the guy did is pretty awesome, he pretty much cleared the whole game. With ease. Inform yourself :)
"
Miska, the linked thread has some pretty solid videos of high level content/stupid map mods - check them out before writing off on the basis of a gorge video.

@OP - impressive thread, I'm tempted to give it a go. I've still got a 6L legacy coil gathering dust in Standard.

I was disappointed that it promised Uber capable, but had no vid :(

Well yeah, I guess the guy doesn't want to bother that much, or he will just post it one day, if we ask him :). Just give it a go man, you won't regret it !
Like i said i have played ST, phys and ele. And after 2.0 hit the skill is just not great. It certainly didn't deserve such a big nerf. And sure with the right gear you can do some dmg, but the guide showed 2 other maps in a group. With an aurabot. Not very well to show off your build imo. I also love it how they claim finding a 300+ dps claw with crit and attack speed is easy and costs nothing. It's just not true. Unless you are very lucky.

P.s if you throw unlimited budget against any skill you will turn out okish. That doesn't mean the skill is good.
"
Miská wrote:
Like i said i have played ST, phys and ele. And after 2.0 hit the skill is just not great. It certainly didn't deserve such a big nerf. And sure with the right gear you can do some dmg, but the guide showed 2 other maps in a group. With an aurabot. Not very well to show off your build imo. I also love it how they claim finding a 300+ dps claw with crit and attack speed is easy and costs nothing. It's just not true. Unless you are very lucky.

P.s if you throw unlimited budget against any skill you will turn out okish. That doesn't mean the skill is good.

Yeah you're pretty much right. But I'm pretty sure he shows some other vidz without aura bot. Those claws are hard to find. But then again, the budget is not that high, of course it's relative. I know mine is worth 60ex.... But I didnt pay that much energy into it ;) And anyway you don't need that claw to make it good I reckon, as most of your damage comes from your auras (wich is not completely true in 2.0), you just need good WED and crit multi rolls on your claw imo. Didn't try though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info