[2.1] SuperNova - 200k+ AoE dps ! Insane clear speed - Super fun - Atziri viable | Featured by GGG!

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
"
ptoop84 wrote:
Why you guys focus on even more DPS, while this build destroys any content in this game within seconds, while dying like a rat? IMHO this build needs more survivability.

Get taste of haste and lightning coil and a shit ton of lightning resist. (You lose carcass jack (some dps), but get 40 if legacy coil and taste of haste, that's over 70% of physical damage mitigation just right there.

Your thought process needs more brainstorming.

Investing in the extra life nodes is going to do shit all against high level content, you'll still get wrecked. If the 4k HP is enough to prevent 1 shotting while farm w/ vaal pact, it should be fine. But this is just my opinion and I play a little less aggressive than magical crime so.

Also, you could just put on a fucking belly of the beast and save those life node skill points instead, but obviously lose damage from carcass and evasion. But meh. Alot of things u can do

Look over my orginal thread the patch 1.2 section. I used a 40% lightning coil in original inception. Problem is it's about 12,000 chroms to RRBBBB it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/edit-post/12260947

Other problem is you still wont be doing 2 maps for sure. Core or Uber. That ~60% phys mitigation wont save you from one shot elemental and chaos.

I've succeeded in every map besides those.

Ive read about that coli build, too expensive for me. Best maps i did with this build are

also switched from Grace to

Vaal haste, insane dps boost. but as i said, still dying like a rat :(
Spoiler

Hey this is my first character and im currently level 84. Im sort of stalling out in progression now and am not sure what really needs to be upgraded next other than 6L'ing the staff. My passives are identical to the level 85 tree in the op.
Hey MagicalCrime,

I'm currently level 87 with this build, still moving along nicely. Just had a quick question. In your opinion which gems should be 20% qual'd first? Can you give me a rundown of which ones should get priority? Thanks man, loving the build!
Hey just wanted to stop in and say I love your build so far. Just a suggestion for your extra life tree, instead of the nodes you grabbed I think you are better off dropping the 4 points for heartseeker and grabbing the two extra two point jewel nodes. If you get three jewels with 7% life you will have the same extra life as your tree but you can also try and get crit on those jewels.
Hi fellow Exiles!

I went into Talisman SC league with an idea of a CI ice nova witch.
Recently I found out about this build. I kinda like some of the ideas presented so I respecced a bit but I could use your help...

I like my revenge served COLD. That means I want my nova to stay cool :)
I do not like the idea of cold to fire.
What gems would you suggest for pure cold ice nova CI?

My idea is this: Nova - Faster cast - conc effect - added cold - cold pen - empower/crit dmg
-> I regret not using crit dmg in crit build (guess the chance will be around 60% with charges?)
-> but then again, empower is likely stronger once its at least lvl 3

My situation aha what should you know:
* Currently I do have the pleasure to own a 6link Pledge of Hands
* I only have 4 linked other items (running warp without less duration lol xD )
* I do have vaal pact and double curse (lvl 88 here)
* I do NOT have empower lvl 4 (only 2 atm)
-> 2 is worse than than crit dmg atm (no surprise here)
* I VERY OFTEN play in party of three people

Perks of staying cold from my points of view:
* better freeze (again, I play with others so mobs get tough)
* can have pen gem(imho one of the strongest gems?)
* you can use Doryani Belt with frost roll
* you get rod of the weird feeling when the frost animation causes burn effect :D

Not sure about the damage compared to fire/frost nova. Could you guys give me a hand here and explain why I should run fire/frost or how to improve cold only?

My tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABx4N0Q5ID8QQexEPES8RUBGWE3EV1xZAGGobJR0UHU8gbiLqJ6kpTyoLKjgrCiy_LR81uTlSO3w8BT1fQZZG10lRS65Ms1AwUlNWY1cpV5RYB1iuXGtd8l6lX2pjQ2aebRltbHBScYVyD35Zf8aCm4RIhX2GronTjDaMdo5kj0aP-pUglS6XlZo7m6GePJ_foqOnK6yYrrOxQrVItvq3MbjKuZPAZsHzwwnDOsNtzerQ0ND11abZW9q52xrbXt-K44TndOjW6QLrY-v17BjtPO988NXyHfem99f60g==?accountName=Siliarus&characterName=DefinitelyTooLongNam

My gear is now undergoing changes so I wont post it. Its just plain ES + resist so far. But I am sitting at 6700 ES atm. Not much I know, used to ahve nearly 8k before respecc but I had to sacrifice that to gain vaal pact.
Last edited by Siliarus on Jan 6, 2016, 4:29:59 PM
@ptoop84 - DPS isn't our issue, so vaal grace is better.
What exactly is killing you?

@notMorthond - You should aim for:

Gloves with evaison (can be hybrid evasion/es or evasion/armor) and high life (80+).
Your diamond rings should have 40+ life at least. Even crafted rings can give over 40.
A Wereclaw talisman with life is really important (60+).
Your belt - I always prefer a heavy belt because of Strength which we really need, but either way you should have more life on it. 64 for a belt is fairly low. 80-90+ is wat u should aim for. Good luck!

@Adultswim3 - You might be right, every tree has its own tweaks when it comes to jewels :-) However, 7% to max life jewels with good 2-3 damage stats are fairly expensive, if you can afford it so sure - go ahead.

@Siliarus - Your links are correct. Your build seems fine. Once you sort and upgrade your items, i'd like to see them. Glad you enjoy :-)
In-Game Nick: MagicalCrime. || Main Character: Level 100 Witch (Ice Nova).

My standard shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1221095
My Loot Filter: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1313065
GTS - Stream Game: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1344346
"
Siliarus wrote:
Hi fellow Exiles!

I went into Talisman SC league with an idea of a CI ice nova witch.
Recently I found out about this build. I kinda like some of the ideas presented so I respecced a bit but I could use your help...

I like my revenge served COLD. That means I want my nova to stay cool :)
I do not like the idea of cold to fire.
What gems would you suggest for pure cold ice nova CI?

My idea is this: Nova - Faster cast - conc effect - added cold - cold pen - empower/crit dmg
-> I regret not using crit dmg in crit build (guess the chance will be around 60% with charges?)
-> but then again, empower is likely stronger once its at least lvl 3

My situation aha what should you know:
* Currently I do have the pleasure to own a 6link Pledge of Hands
* I only have 4 linked other items (running warp without less duration lol xD )
* I do have vaal pact and double curse (lvl 88 here)
* I do NOT have empower lvl 4 (only 2 atm)
-> 2 is worse than than crit dmg atm (no surprise here)
* I VERY OFTEN play in party of three people

Perks of staying cold from my points of view:
* better freeze (again, I play with others so mobs get tough)
* can have pen gem(imho one of the strongest gems?)
* you can use Doryani Belt with frost roll
* you get rod of the weird feeling when the frost animation causes burn effect :D

Not sure about the damage compared to fire/frost nova. Could you guys give me a hand here and explain why I should run fire/frost or how to improve cold only?

My tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABx4N0Q5ID8QQexEPES8RUBGWE3EV1xZAGGobJR0UHU8gbiLqJ6kpTyoLKjgrCiy_LR81uTlSO3w8BT1fQZZG10lRS65Ms1AwUlNWY1cpV5RYB1iuXGtd8l6lX2pjQ2aebRltbHBScYVyD35Zf8aCm4RIhX2GronTjDaMdo5kj0aP-pUglS6XlZo7m6GePJ_foqOnK6yYrrOxQrVItvq3MbjKuZPAZsHzwwnDOsNtzerQ0ND11abZW9q52xrbXt-K44TndOjW6QLrY-v17BjtPO988NXyHfem99f60g==?accountName=Siliarus&characterName=DefinitelyTooLongNam

My gear is now undergoing changes so I wont post it. Its just plain ES + resist so far. But I am sitting at 6700 ES atm. Not much I know, used to ahve nearly 8k before respecc but I had to sacrifice that to gain vaal pact.

What are you gonna do about single target? You are right - Pure cold IN with pen is actually more DPS problem is all cold single target spells suck now with nerf to shotgunning. So you are left with swaping for Flamesurge in a cold pen setup. Sub optimal to say the least. As opposed to swapping IN for flame surge and C2F for fire pen on singles which takes them down nearly instantly.

What are you gonna do about "oh shit" moments standing in the middle of packs as CI let alone frozen or stunned with no flasks to recharge "life"?

What about way less AOE not wearing a jack?

CI sucks. Trust me I had 10K ES too not 6-7K. And almost 200K DPS in a 6L.

I wouldn't try and fight the system. You will be worse off and spend more money as CI.

Spoiler

Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABUIHHg3RDkgPxBB7EQ8RLxFQEZYTcRXXFkAYah0UIG4i6ilPKgsqOCsKLJwsvy0fNbk5Ujt8PAU9X0GWRKtJUUyzUDBRdFJTVa5WY1eUWAdYrlxrXfJepV9qY0NknWaea7dtGW1scFJ_xoIQgpuESITFhX2GronTjDaMdo5kjumPRo-mj_qVIJUul5WX9Jo7m6GbtZ_foqOmmacrrJius7VItvq3MbjKuZO-OsBmwfPDCcM6w23QH9DQ0PXVptlb2xrbXt-K37DjhOd06NbpAutj6_XsGO0873zv6_DV8h33pvfX-tI=?accountName=Aim_Deep&characterName=Bad_Ass_Wench
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 6, 2016, 9:20:59 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

What are you gonna do about single target? You are right - Pure cold IN with pen is actually more DPS problem is all cold single target spells suck now with nerf to shotgunning. So you are left with swaping for Flamesurge in a cold pen setup. Sub optimal to say the least. As opposed to swapping IN for flame surge and C2F for fire pen on singles which takes them down nearly instantly.

What are you gonna do about "oh shit" moments standing in the middle of packs as CI let alone frozen or stunned with no flasks to recharge "life"?

What about way less AOE not wearing a jack?

CI sucks. Trust me I had 10K ES too not 6-7K. And almost 200K DPS in a 6L.

I wouldn't try and fight the system. You will be worse off and spend more money as CI.

Spoiler

Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABUIHHg3RDkgPxBB7EQ8RLxFQEZYTcRXXFkAYah0UIG4i6ilPKgsqOCsKLJwsvy0fNbk5Ujt8PAU9X0GWRKtJUUyzUDBRdFJTVa5WY1eUWAdYrlxrXfJepV9qY0NknWaea7dtGW1scFJ_xoIQgpuESITFhX2GronTjDaMdo5kjumPRo-mj_qVIJUul5WX9Jo7m6GbtZ_foqOmmacrrJius7VItvq3MbjKuZO-OsBmwfPDCcM6w23QH9DQ0PXVptlb2xrbXt-K37DjhOd06NbpAutj6_XsGO0873zv6_DV8h33pvfX-tI=?accountName=Aim_Deep&characterName=Bad_Ass_Wench

Thanks for the answer!
You got some nice points there sir, so one by one:

About single target:
* I also happen to have a 5 linked Pledge of Hands as my off-weapon
* I use Freezing Pulse there for single target, so all I need is a single click and I got my other skill ready
* Staying full cold allows me to effectively freeze bosses for the majority of the combat
* With leech and Vaal Pact you can take a hit or two and heal it while they freeze
* With the other weapon I also use power charge on crit, this allows me to keep myself charged up on though encounters where the charges would otherwise drop -> can only recommend this :)

About choosing CI:
* I just started playing and headed for CI nodes
* then I chose to play nova, I didn't really plan it that much
* cannot really respecc the whole build now, besides who else than a caster witch is supposed to play CI anyway :)

About AoE and life based being better:
* Yep totally right there, my AoE With Conc efect is about +5% which sucks
-> this is why I was thinking of using increased crit dmg instead of conc, not sure about the dmg loss though, but with 20% q crit dmg it might not be that much - WDYT?
* I also must wear Eye of chayula to avoid perma stuns which is another "suck-me-off" feature by GGG
* Everyone plays HP and jack for aoe skills these days..doesn't it bore you? It sure does bore me!
* Hp flasks - not really an issue, as with any Vaal Pact build you depend on leech to quickly recharge health you cannot have a flask, but you have bigger hit pool (4k as HP, up to 10k as ES)

About "oh shit" moments:
* You do not get stunned AT ALL with eye of chayula, and if you play CI without that...well GL in party of three :D
* oh shit freeze -> true story, thats is why I have it on sapphire and mana flask, you dont really freeze then and with cold dmg its usually the opponent who stays frozen
* but you definitely made your point here, it might be tricky and I wouldn't dare playing CI and having freeze immunity only on sapphire
-> NOTE: I use doryani belt, but you can choose Auxium and effectively negate any freezes, it counts them based on your (high) ES -> plus auxium itself gives hell lot of ES (most of all ingame belts), I have one in stash and want to experiment with that :)
I just got 20% on my Ice Nova. What gems are a must to 20% quality after? I'm thinking Lightning Warp but what else?
Hello!

I just started the game, so I'm quite new to everything, and I decided to follow this build, since I have no experience to even create my own.

1) What concerns me is about the bandit part on the OP, on normal its advised to help Oak [+40 base life].
Isn't 40 base life too low? Seeing the final build, there is a 5% HP that is not filled, so, if I am not skipping anything, isn't it better kill all bandits to get a +1 passive point and fill this 5% HP? It sounds better than +40 HP

The node I'm saying is circuled on this print: http://postimg.org/image/fb7d1exv1/

2) Well, this is nothing but a silly question. Is there any reason other than "choose whatever you like" to the final build got 3 points left?

OP build link: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBLMFQgW1Bx4N0Q5ID6sPxBEPEZYTcRZAFm8WvxhqGjgdFCBuIuokiySqJP0mlScvKU8qCyo4LJwtHy3SMHE26TlSOkI6WDt8PAU9X0GWRKtG10lRS3hMs1AwUUdRdFJTVUtVrlXGVylXlFgHWK5Z813yXqVh4mNDZJ1mnmu3cFJxhXIPf8aCEIKbhX2J04w2jb-OZI7pj0aPpo_6kFWVIJUul5WaO5uhnz6f36IAoqOmmayYrrOxQrb6uMrAZsHzwzrQH9D11CPVptte3ajfsONq44TnVOjW6_XtPO987-vwH_DV8h3zEfem99f60v_e

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info