Can't find a decent item

"
Chimmy81 wrote:
I am pretty sick of gettin one unique every 2 hours and then getting the same garbage for the third time. 99% of the uniques are absolute garbage and unusable. Why am i in merciless when i get lvl 5 uniques dropping for me? Am i missing something? I feel like this "race" stuff breaks down to who is the lucky one to get the gg item.

I cannot find any upgrades and the upgrades there are for trade cost so fucking much i would have to buy currency for real cash. Please fix this. If i leave an item on the ground that means i don't want it and you shouldn't drop it 3 more times just to be sure.

Since i am in merciless i have found 8 uniques. One of them was lvl 44 the rest was below lvl 20 or even 10.

P.S. For people who have the same problem. Don't waste your time farming away solo and dying all the time because you can't find any upgrades. Just get yourself whirling blades with faster attack and whirl through the content till you reach act four. Than look for free map games and start leeching. It is saver and more rewarding since you get nice xp and better loot than in earlier content.
Wow I wish I got a unique every 2 hours.
"
Chimmy81 wrote:
I am pretty sick of gettin one unique every 2 hours and then getting the same garbage for the third time. 99% of the uniques are absolute garbage and unusable. Why am i in merciless when i get lvl 5 uniques dropping for me? Am i missing something? I feel like this "race" stuff breaks down to who is the lucky one to get the gg item.

I cannot find any upgrades and the upgrades there are for trade cost so fucking much i would have to buy currency for real cash. Please fix this. If i leave an item on the ground that means i don't want it and you shouldn't drop it 3 more times just to be sure.

Since i am in merciless i have found 8 uniques. One of them was lvl 44 the rest was below lvl 20 or even 10.

P.S. For people who have the same problem. Don't waste your time farming away solo and dying all the time because you can't find any upgrades. Just get yourself whirling blades with faster attack and whirl through the content till you reach act four. Than look for free map games and start leeching. It is saver and more rewarding since you get nice xp and better loot than in earlier content.

I seem to be one of the few members on this board who actually believe unique items on this game are really good. I wear a lot of unique items.

I tried a whirling blades build once and couldn't make it work. It's cool how it dodges attacks but the damage was just too low for me to figure out a way to make it work as a primary attack.

Anyway: I hate trading on this game too. It's terrible. But if there is certain unique you are after you can usually get it with a few exalts on the trade channel. My advice would be to take some time to farm rare items (early on I liked to kill Brutus over and over). Turn those into alteration orbs - turn those into jeweler orbs - turn those into fusing orbs - then try trading those for exalted orbs. That's how I did it - though sadly the price for exalts seems to be going up lately.
Last edited by Berylstone on Oct 5, 2015, 12:26:41 PM
Most of the best items in this game are rare (yellow) items rather than unique items. Unique items aren't generally amazing stat boons for your character, but give you specific build-enabling stats.

Stuff you might see as bad or low value (especially if you look at sell price on 3rd party sites) can still be a great, build-enabling unique. Windscream boots for example are very cheap but offer an inexpensive way to get +1 curse without reaching in your tree. Saffell's shield lets you overcap your resistances for a low price.

If you're farming for wealth, you need to get good at identifying good yellow items. If you want a specific unique item for a build, you're probably going to have to purchase it from another player unless it's one of the more common uniques like those two that I just listed. The only unique items that are insanely good are also insanely rare to match their strength, as they should be.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
Nasreth wrote:
Most of the best items in this game are rare (yellow) items rather than unique items. Unique items aren't generally amazing stat boons for your character, but give you specific build-enabling stats.

Stuff you might see as bad or low value (especially if you look at sell price on 3rd party sites) can still be a great, build-enabling unique. Windscream boots for example are very cheap but offer an inexpensive way to get +1 curse without reaching in your tree. Saffell's shield lets you overcap your resistances for a low price.

If you're farming for wealth, you need to get good at identifying good yellow items. If you want a specific unique item for a build, you're probably going to have to purchase it from another player unless it's one of the more common uniques like those two that I just listed. The only unique items that are insanely good are also insanely rare to match their strength, as they should be.

Even aside from specific build-enabling stats- I find many of the unique items on this game compete very effectively with rare items even on general terms.

For example: if you are wanting to improve your survivability: I find that the Belly of The Beast compares or is even better than most rare armors I have seen. If you are wanting to improve your chaos resistance - the Broken Crown is far and away better than any rare I have seen. If you are wanting to increase your elemental damage - as a Templar it's hard to find a rare that's better than Doryani's Catalyst. Even as far as shields go - many Unique ones offer solid resistance and high block values to say nothing of their added benefits.

I hear this argument that rare items are usually way better than unique items. But that hasn't been my experience. More accurately I would say the opposite is true - and that rare items are rarely better than unique ones.

Last edited by Berylstone on Oct 5, 2015, 12:46:56 PM
"
Berylstone wrote:

I seem to be one of the few members on this board who actually believe unique items on this game are really good. I wear a lot of unique items.

Blasphemy! That is impossible! All uniques are crap!

Why do I get so many Araku Tiki's, Ignomons and Karui Wards?

Let's take amulets for example:

What most people dont realise that as a newbie from the beach, there is no amulet that can compare with Araku Tiki at level 1. Best in slot at that level. From level 10 onwards, Ignomon is amazing for melee fighters and Karui Ward is amazing for distance shooters.

Great twink uniques everywhere but sadly for the brainwashed WOW-zombie it is all just crap if it is not usable "endgame". Boring creatures.

Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:

What most people dont realise that as a newbie from the beach, there is no amulet that can compare with Araku Tiki at level 1. Best in slot at that level. From level 10 onwards, Ignomon is amazing for melee fighters and Karui Ward is amazing for distance shooters.

Great twink uniques everywhere but sadly for the brainwashed WOW-zombie it is all just crap if it is not usable "endgame". Boring creatures.

Exactly. The problem isn't that "uniques are bad". It's just that some people have completely unrealistic expectations on what uniques' purpose is. Some people wouldn't be happy unless every single unique is "OMFG OPOPOP!!!!" game-changing. Yes, there are a few like that, but not all uniques are(or SHOULD be) in that category. Some, like the examples mentioned above are meant purely as leveling items. They're very good, perhaps even best in slot for some builds for a few levels, but you'll quickly outgrow them. Some are completely useless for most people, but build-enabling for a few very niche builds. Those builds don't even necessarily have to be especially strong builds...sometimes they're just there to add a little variety. And there's probably a few in that category where GGG just throws something out there where they don't have a specific idea in mind but just want to see what we can come up with. Some uniques are meant to be decent "starter mapping" gear. A good rare will easily be better than them, but they are least a convenient way to get started or address a key weakness in your build.

And yes, there are a few uniques that probably are just flat out BAD. Ones that no one in their right mind would use if they had ANYTHING else. But I'd say there are very few that fit in that category. And it would be almost impossible to avoid having a few like that out of the hundreds of uniques in the game, especially with how much the game has changed over the years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info