map tier and different item levels

Looking in my chest.
6 Dark Forest maps: all Tier 8, but levels are: 74, 75, 75, 75, 76, 77.

When I offer them for trade to an npc vendor at 3:1 rate, he offers me next map, but with item level of lowest offered map.

Could someone explain how to understand all that?
The item level just shows what level the map was dropped at. Doesn't have anything to do with the map tier or the level of the area that the map creates. It might influence which mods can appear on the map when it's crafted, but I doubt it.
As most people predicted : they added confusion where it wasn't needed at all...
If you're confused by a number, you shouldn't be running maps. Seriously. If this change was the other way, removing tiers and replacing them with the area level, you all would be saying the exact same thing.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If you're confused by a number, you shouldn't be running maps. Seriously. If this change was the other way, removing tiers and replacing them with the area level, you all would be saying the exact same thing.

numbers r hard
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Nah, c'mon, the monster level of a map is an imoportant thing to know, if only for the threshold of lvl 75 for the regal recipe. Hiding that number behind an abstract tier just means that everybody now has to do a sum before they know that level, instead of reading it out. It's kinda like analog and digital watches.

To be fair, I'm a user of analog watches myself, because I like how they look, but if digital had been the way all along, nobody would think that converting to analog simplifies anything. There is no symmetry here, the two systems are not equivalent.

And how hard would it be to have the ilvl of maps correspond to their monster level ? That would solve the problem.
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
Got a question: if I have two maps with the same tier - 2 let's say, but their levels are 68 and 69, what's the max ilvl for the items they would drop? 70, 71?
Second-class poe gamer
The ilvl has no influence on the drops inside of maps, only the monster level does. And that level is, for new maps: tier + 67, and for old maps: tier + 65.

Edit: so in a new tier 2 map, normal monsters will drop ilvl 69 items, magic is 70, rare and unique is 71, and magic, rare and unique monsters can drop tier 3 maps, but only the boss can drop a tier 4 map. Simple !
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
Last edited by LazarusQ on Oct 5, 2015, 8:33:15 AM
"
leto2626 wrote:
As most people predicted : they added confusion where it wasn't needed at all...

wht is confusing? If you use any recipe you will always get item with lowest ilvl from items you sold. Also ilvl do nothing to maps.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
This is confusing:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info