[Germany - Osnatel/EWE-Tel] Lagspike & packetloss Issues

Next answer from osnatel: we have an unusual amount of requests, plz be patient

I could play at the weekend with close to 0% packetloss and today my first WinMTR shows this: http://pastebin.com/RRk8D5Y9

Packetloss again...still not fixed... :S
Last edited by FieselWiesel on Oct 6, 2015, 4:35:09 AM
Next round.....DONG!

Got an e-mail from Ewe-Tel: Thank you for your e-mail. Your request cant be answered per e-mail. You got a service ticket plz contact our support, tell them your service ticket. You can also check our FAQ on our Website.

Support numer: same shitt as always...
FAQ: useless

At this point i started to rage...wrote an e-mail with all of the needed informationand, all i got is the same stupid phone number and a useless FAQ...FFS --> wait a sec, calm down...

Called the Service: LUCK! I got somebody who knows what he is talking about, he is a gamer and live close to me. He knows the shitty router... (hopefully he is not cheating me...)
He told me that a lot of technicians checked my internet connection last few days. Some said there is a trouble with packetloss some dont. We talked about 2 solution:

1. upgrade my internet connection to 50.000/s he told me that would skip these stupid ports. (was my idea and asked him)

2. They could change my ports manually, but its up to the technicians to decide.

Now my case shows 3 Osnatel Service talks, an e-mail with WinMTR results etc. and a suggestion to manually change my hops. Oh and 2 fronts of technicians fighting for theire honor! I will call my ISP again and again until this shitt get fixed.

Cya in a few hours/days/weeks...
sometimes i wonder how difficult it is for a provider to fix a faulty gateway.

is reconnecting your router an option? you could repeat until you hit the route over 212.95.98.253.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Hi

Thanks for your answer. I could try that if there is nobody using internet / phone at the moment. The problem with that is my dad needs the phone for his job so i cant try all day.
Looks like the broken trace route is my standart one :S could need some time and luck to get another.
WinMTR today: http://pastebin.com/reK8mc0q

Next phone call to my lovely ISP: there are no new informations, no decisions made...nothing. Service Member told me my case has high priority now (lol ofcourse...)

Wait for another day...

Oh and by the way: Called my ISP for the first time one week ago.

Edit: Got an answer to my e-mail from Osnatel (EwE-Tel answerd few day ago): Thank you for your e-mail. Our tecnician department works on your Problem, plz be patient. If you have any questions, wishes or suggestions plz let us know.

Question: wtf are you guys doing there? You know my trouble since one week!
Wishes: fix it yesterday!
Suggestions: Seriously just do it!
Last edited by FieselWiesel on Oct 7, 2015, 7:12:27 AM
there are no new informations from my ISP, could play the last two days.
First day: got the secondary route that always works for me (if i am lucky and get it!)
Second day: got my main route, worked without packetloss and only some lagspikes. Was the second time that my main route randomly worked for me.

Will wait for tomorrow and call my ISP...maybe there are some new informations.
Final round? Dong!

Called my ISP: The tecnicians decided they will change my ports. When? I dont know... Phone Service dont know...maybe the tecnicians dont know too...

Time to wait...again...and again...ARGH!

Hey, only 10 days of waiting, 5 calls, some e-mails and endless research about trace route and packetloss to change my ports and hopefully fix my lagspikes and packetloss. Yeah i know my reasearch about the problem wasnt necessary but lets be honest: If i had no idea whats going wrong with my connection they would tell me "its all okay, you can upload and download as usual" over and over again.
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.0.1 - 0 | 408 | 408 | 0 | 1 | 4 | 1 |
| 217.0.118.84 - 0 | 408 | 408 | 39 | 41 | 172 | 41 |
| 87.186.243.114 - 0 | 408 | 408 | 41 | 44 | 190 | 42 |
| f-ed5-i.F.DE.NET.DTAG.DE - 0 | 408 | 408 | 43 | 45 | 193 | 46 |
| ffm-b12-link.telia.net - 0 | 408 | 408 | 43 | 46 | 186 | 44 |
|xe-1-0-1.bbr01.xn01.fra01.networklayer.com - 0 | 408 | 408 | 59 | 61 | 196 | 60 |
| ae5.dar01.fra02.networklayer.com - 0 | 408 | 408 | 56 | 59 | 184 | 56 |
| po1.fcr01b.fra02.networklayer.com - 0 | 408 | 408 | 57 | 59 | 203 | 58 |
|159.122.82.196-static.reverse.softlayer.com - 0 | 408 | 408 | 60 | 62 | 197 | 63 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
Here we go...

They changed my ports: same as always, one route is working the others dont.
Tecnician visit me: testing my router and said there is something wrong with my router. *eyeroll* I open WinMTR "broken rout" --> packetloss --> router reset --> "good route" --> 0% packetloss --> reset until i hit "broken route" --> 8% packetloss --> rest until i hit "good route" --> 0% packetloss

I REALLY showed him everything i did...its not my router! He wrote down the hop that didnt work and the working one. Now its up to a "special department" to check the broken router in Georgsmarinen Hütte.

waiting...waiting....huray! but to be fair....something happend after 12 days...

Edit: i am resetting my router every day until i hit the working route (tried to disable my daily router reset, router is still resetting ever night :S) I can play, i have internet buts its stupid. Especially if i have to wait until all other people in my house are done with phone / internet.
Last edited by FieselWiesel on Oct 12, 2015, 5:59:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info