My Experience Trawling Through Wraeclast (Jun 30, 2017)

"
I vote this thread gets taken down so no one else can learn what I just read.

/The Fishining confirmed.

I know right, the information about how to find a Shavronne's Wrappings, seems to good to be true. Might need to stem the flow of information before it gets out of hand. The market saturation is getting a little too high.

On an unrelated note, I have updated the section for the 1-Month Flashback league, and the Tormented Illegal Fisherman with the findings and experiences from the event. There is also a corresponding reddit post here.
I'm wondering how far we can go with this fishing Easter Egg. Did you manage to get any pirate boss fisherman-possessed? Would also be interesting to see Albino Rhoa with Fisherman's grip but chances seem to be close to zero.

I replaced my helmet with Fairgraves' Tricorne in 1m event and it worked very well - a Warband member dropped my first rod after few hours!
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
great post, you came to the same conclusion i did. you only must be wearing a fairgraves' tricorne, and kill a unique. that's all you need for a chance at a drop. my (only) fishing rod dropped to Dom Norm when i was doing boss kill runs for ppl.

to do away with science and make a presumption: i haven't found krillson yet, but my guess is to fish all you have to do is have a fishing rod equipped and use a skill that "casts".. guessing a projectile skill is best. clear the zone, aim at the water, put something heavy on whatever key is linked to the skill, and come back later to see if you caught anything... fairgraves' tricorne, rhoa feathers, mao kun... tabula rasa could all be involved somehow. (krillson, and rotfeather tali now too of course.) anything im missing? :P
KrillsonOfWindingPier
CwillsonofGrindingGear

probably it's been mentioned a thousand times already :(
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Jan 8, 2016, 11:31:15 AM
"
awave wrote:

to do away with science and make a presumption: i haven't found krillson yet, but my guess is to fish all you have to do is have a fishing rod equipped and use a skill that "casts".. guessing a projectile skill is best. clear the zone, aim at the water, put something heavy on whatever key is linked to the skill, and come back later to see if you caught anything... fairgraves' tricorne, rhoa feathers, mao kun... tabula rasa could all be involved somehow. (krillson, and rotfeather tali now too of course.) anything im missing? :P

If you have not read this Reddit thread (and watched the corresponding video), [Video] Krillson Sighting (Tempest), I highly recommend it. The video is a short account of the things the group tested in an attempt to complete the given quest (catch 4 exotic fish). A lot of what you suggest in your post are tried, but after a 3ish hour attempt the group moves on. Beyond what is seen in the video there are a lot of theories and ideas presented in the comments. The third comment, made by PinkLady_AppleBottom/InsidiousOwl, presents some research about lore and items in the game which might be related to the mystery surrounding Krillson. At this point anyone's guess could be the key in how to complete one of Krillson's quests.

So far there are two known quests;
  • Catch 4 exotic fish
  • Catch Rainbowstride boots

There is completion dialog in the audio files, so there should be a way to complete one of these. One of the recent Darkshrine effects gives more weight to the import of Rainbowstride boots as well. As for the exotic fish there are plenty of guesses involving what items to bring him, or what actions to take when you encounter him if given that quest.

Having never seen Krillson in game, all of this is just speculation.
"
PallMall100s wrote:
Has anyone tried to kill Illegal fisherman or unique ghosted by him with fishing rod while wearing fairgraves tricorne or some combination of this?

Yes (illegal fisherman kill while wearing Fairgrave's Tricorne and wielding a rare fishing rod) in Crossroads of Act 2 Cruel during flashback league with my SRS/Zombie witch. Didn't actually strike the ghost down with the rod though - the raging spirits got him.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
ChronoExile wrote:
"
awave wrote:

If you have not read this Reddit thread (and watched the corresponding video), [Video] Krillson Sighting (Tempest), I highly recommend it. The video is a short account of the things the group tested in an attempt to complete the given quest (catch 4 exotic fish). A lot of what you suggest in your post are tried, but after a 3ish hour attempt the group moves on. Beyond what is seen in the video there are a lot of theories and ideas presented in the comments. The third comment, made by PinkLady_AppleBottom/InsidiousOwl, presents some research about lore and items in the game which might be related to the mystery surrounding Krillson. At this point anyone's guess could be the key in how to complete one of Krillson's quests.

So far there are two known quests;
  • Catch 4 exotic fish
  • Catch Rainbowstride boots

There is completion dialog in the audio files, so there should be a way to complete one of these. One of the recent Darkshrine effects gives more weight to the import of Rainbowstride boots as well. As for the exotic fish there are plenty of guesses involving what items to bring him, or what actions to take when you encounter him if given that quest.

Having never seen Krillson in game, all of this is just speculation.

nice, ill be sure to check it out... love your post btw. its very helpful to know what people have and havent tried (although i obv missed a couple).

one thing you might be interested in though. from the latest QA in announcements with CWilson:

'My question is where is the area/place that "1998 items were hidden in a specific location that no one has publicly noticed yet as far as we know" that Bex_GGG mentioned in 'Darkshrine Event Winners!'?

The map slots that are used to choose a tag for your guild!'

i wrote down a bunch of '4-letter words' (mostly fishing related, some...correlated in other ways) and which maps correspond to each letter to test in the map device. in hc tali i have a tricorne, fishing rod, rot head tali, albino feather. the wildcards being what order to enter the maps(cntrl+click or left to right), what to wear as i test, should i proc the "sound in the distance" each time, and should the maps be quality, rare etc..

(of course it could be entirely unrelated to fishing, and removed from the game after the darkshrine event.)
Last edited by awave on Jan 9, 2016, 7:10:06 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
PallMall100s wrote:
Has anyone tried to kill Illegal fisherman or unique ghosted by him with fishing rod while wearing fairgraves tricorne or some combination of this?

Yes (illegal fisherman kill while wearing Fairgrave's Tricorne and wielding a rare fishing rod) in Crossroads of Act 2 Cruel during flashback league with my SRS/Zombie witch. Didn't actually strike the ghost down with the rod though - the raging spirits got him.

Also Yes. This reddit post, [Trawling]The 1-Month Flashback lists some of the things I tried during that league(second set of bullet points). There were a lot of Illegal Fishermen out that league, and I tried a number of different combinations. Tricrone, default attack, Rainbowstride, etc.

"
awave wrote:
one thing you might be interested in though. from the latest QA in announcements with CWilson:

'My question is where is the area/place that "1998 items were hidden in a specific location that no one has publicly noticed yet as far as we know" that Bex_GGG mentioned in 'Darkshrine Event Winners!'?

The map slots that are used to choose a tag for your guild!'

From the 'Effects' spoiler in the Darkshrine section of the History post in this thread:
  • Text: May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.
  • Effect: Guild Tag Editor is filled with maps to spell out 'FISH?!'
  • Affix: ??

This would fill the guild tag editor filled with the following maps: Spider Lair Map, Grotto Map, Sewer Map, Channel Map, Arid Lake Map, and Gorge Map.

"
awave wrote:
i wrote down a bunch of '4-letter words' (mostly fishing related, some...correlated in other ways) and which maps correspond to each letter to test in the map device. in hc tali i have a tricorne, fishing rod, rot head tali, albino feather. the wildcards being what order to enter the maps(cntrl+click or left to right), what to wear as i test, should i proc the "sound in the distance" each time, and should the maps be quality, rare etc..

(of course it could be entirely unrelated to fishing, and removed from the game after the darkshrine event.)

If you can figure out anything more about the "you hear a sound in the distance," more power to you. As frankly, I have no idea.
Perandus League has the Perandus Tackle, a chest that contains a Fishing Rod, an Albino Rhoa Feather, Fairgraves' Tricorne and Slitherpinch Bronzescale Gauntlets.
Thats one damn fine post, i gotta get myself into this fishing mistery that surrounds poe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info