Development Manifesto: Map Changes in 2.0.4

Huh?
I am really not as bad as they say I am.

I am actually a really nice person.

Haaahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahaha
i wish all the "ground's" would be removed, cause they kill my fps with a dirty, blunt knife. Really terrible for my quite old pc. Its simply 30-60 fps anywhere, but if theres a "ground" map, its like 15. Pls, just remove it.
Thats not gonna happen ;-;
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<
Last edited by IVIetal on Sep 24, 2015, 9:50:41 PM
"
gdambrauskas wrote:
They should have just reset the whole standard/hc permanent leagues with 2.0 release. It's like bad software, sure you can forever spend time making it backwards compatible(older windows) or be forceful(ie apple products) and drop old and move to new. And reset could have been handled by making standard/hc into legacy leagues. You want to play with your kaom's +1000 hp, sure, stay in that league and play.
If that "legacy league" also used 1.3 rules I'd stay there, no doubts about it.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
kcstar wrote:
"
Loreweaver wrote:
"
kcstar wrote:
Ok, a fresh start of the economy for... two weeks, until everything becomes stale again (except there are no Legacys... until race rewards enter the leagues ^^) Everything else you name is the same as in permanent leagues. You need an excuse to start a build, fair enough. By the way... the fresh start and trading hype shows one of PoE's biggest porblems (atm) -> the whole trading system aka poe.trade and forum indexing + /trade 1 spam ...

Uh...are you ignoring the biggest part of the temp leagues--the new mechanics? Sure, Warbands was kinda underdone, but stuff like Bloodlines and Nemesis and Beyond and Rogue Exiles all came from temp leagues.

No, I am not ignoring "the new mechanics". That's why I call it "betatest leagues". Name a league that was fun outside of maps... can't really remember, they were all annoying in "normal play" and become more or less "fun" in maps. If you play this game for some time... just invest in Zana mods... check out the new mods in maps, with all your well geared characters.

Okay. Of the ones that I, personally played? Beyond and Bloodlines, for starters. Those were loads of fun all the way through; I still maintain that Bloodlines is probably the best league to come along in ages. Non-bloodline blue packs are so boring now.

Just because you don't enjoy trying new stuff doesn't mean you're representative of the playerbase at large. In fact, you're really not.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
Loreweaver wrote:
Okay. Of the ones that I, personally played? Beyond and Bloodlines, for starters. Those were loads of fun all the way through; I still maintain that Bloodlines is probably the best league to come along in ages. Non-bloodline blue packs are so boring now.

Just because you don't enjoy trying new stuff doesn't mean you're representative of the playerbase at large. In fact, you're really not.

Sorry dude, I am a permanent league player, it's not MY opinion... it's the general opinion on the reddit poulation (which I am also not part of) and people's opinion on State of Exile, big streamers like Raiz, Mors (to name only two) and most players in the news on this site.
Personally I really enjoyed Nemesis, maybe because it was my first temp league ever and it was something new... ever since they became less and less fun to play... more or less annoying to play up the point that GGG drop balance patch after balance patch and when the stuff is almost enjoyable... league is already stale...
If you enjoy these leagues, fair enough... Just because you enjoy trying new (untested) stuff doesn't mean you're representative of the playerbase at large. In fact, you're really not.
PS: I check every hc league up to maps (first two days of a fresh league) just to know what I have to expect in Zana's map device. I gave a lot of reasons for my point of view... you just said you enjoy the stuff, that's very representative dude xD
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
I'm also a permanent league player, and you know what I saw over the year leading up to Warbands/Torment? The permanent leagues becoming ghost towns during the temp leagues. Most players played the temp leagues, dude, until the massive influx of new blood that 2.0 brought in. You say it's the opinion of the Reddit population, and then say you're not a part of it? Maybe back up your empty statements a little?
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Grind for 20 minutes for 10% exp then death from lag due to video memory resources. lose 20%, now its even harder to get exp.
i've been playing the same character since over 2 years and a few days ago i finally reached level 99. and now it will take twice as long to reach level 100 from level 99 because you have a very few players that reach level 100 too quicky since they have access to run non stop high level maps. the right way would be to make high level maps accessible to all players and then you could increase the amount it takes to reach level 100. with these changes the players who can't afford the top tier maps suffer the most
"
Loreweaver wrote:
I'm also a permanent league player, and you know what I saw over the year leading up to Warbands/Torment? The permanent leagues becoming ghost towns during the temp leagues. Most players played the temp leagues, dude, until the massive influx of new blood that 2.0 brought in. You say it's the opinion of the Reddit population, and then say you're not a part of it? Maybe back up your empty statements a little?

... nothing else to add now. Temp leagues doesn't offer enough. Don't know how these leagues affect standard but during the start of temp leagues perma hardcore gets a push for a few days and is ghosted again a few days later (same for any temp hc league)... everything new is populated for a short duration but it has nothing to offer for most people to stay. And right, I read reddit but I don't have an account or take part in any way - it was a good resource for a long time. Don't say "Maybe back up your empty statements a little?" while having nothing to offer on your side. My backup? Read ANY news on this site regarding to ANY temp league... PS: You always pick just one point out of many to discredit a whole opinion - that's hilarious. :)
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info