Build of the Week: Kaepora's Triple Freezing Pulse Totem Build

erm. how using incinerate when you can't do damage yourself ? am i missing something ?
I'll paste the youtube comment I wrote here:

"There's a point where "not being cookie-cutter" and "being different" meets being subpar. This build has crossed that boundary, and for as different as it may seem, it performs equally poorly.
This is due to the state of the Spell Totem support gem, decreasing the effectiveness of supported spells massively. Add the lack of GMP shotgunning that Freezing Pulse lost in the transition to 2.0 and the damage output is extremely low which makes its large coverage very innefective ("spreading the damage thin").

I think the original idea was to pseudo-shotgun because if the sources of damage are different, all the projectiles can hit the same target, but Spell Totems are just a very inneficient medium for that in their current state.

Build of the week is about showcasing interesting builds players made. Is this interesting? Hardly. For a veteran there is nothing new to see here other than a real performance test where we can confirm our predictions that it would be subpar, and no new interesting mechanics being showcased (Romira's Incinerate PC generation has been known for very long and used by discrete Dischargers). For newer players, they get to learn about the poor state of Spell Totem.

I don't hate the build or the creator but I don't think it deserves a spot in the series, but there has been worse (pure Cast on Death, remember?).

Be rational, people. A lot of the comments are thoughtless (and that goes both ways, to those who like it and dislike it)."
"
B3RTY wrote:
erm. how using incinerate when you can't do damage yourself ? am i missing something ?

You deal no damage but you are still able to apply effect like EE or curse on hit.
"

B3RTY wrote:
"

You deal no damage but you are still able to apply effect like EE or curse on hit.

- Apply Curse on Hits

&

- You can break/open the Barrel, Box and others Kitty !! :)

( same if you don't do damages, that open it )
Playing a Crit Freezing Pulse build myself I have some advice for the original player. I understand using the gloves to get curse on hit temp chains built in but if your actually looking for longer frozen times I recommend switching to Frostbite. In addition Elemental Weakness is better than Assassins Mark for damage and since he already uses Incinerate to generate Power Charges he removes the chance that he accidentally looses all the power charges from an accidental crit.

In my FP build I have FP + Cold Pen + PCoC + LL + Increase Crit Damage. When I get a sixth socket I will add in Hypothermia. I have dual curse with Elemental Weakness and Frostbite linked to curse on hit with Herald of Ice. I have Herald of Thunder curse on hit Frostbite and a manual caste Elemental Weakness. With the Brotherhood ring turning half of the lightning damage to cold and guaranteeing shock on Frozen enemies I keep the Thunder lightning aura up nearly all the time and have most mobs frozen and destroyed in 1-2 pulses. Im debating right now to swap the increased crit damage to hypothermia but I do not want to risk rerolling all the colors which are perfect right now for when I 6 link.

Anyways grats on the build! I think it looks great and I might try something similar myself one day!
IGN: DeathIsMyBestFriend, Illirianah
Spoiler
Guy is level 91 on tempest

People saying it's an ineficient build or trying to give him tips to improve the build

:^)
It feels like any builds that use totems are boring.
oh cmon guys , u can post more exciting builds ! what is it with all those ResidentSleeper builds ? :(
Suh Dude
I have been using a freezing pulse totem but merely as support for my warbands character. Support since I just want to make use of a plethora skills that fit that character's theme. Might not be very effective but it is fun and that is what counts for me. The concept of fp totem is nothing new though. But as a new player it is something you can build with really cheap gear.

The 360 degree rotation at the end of the video while the action was frozen, was pretty neat.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
the camera movement in the brutus fight Kreygasm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info