Development Manifesto: Warbands and Tempest Content

These two were the most boring and the worst leagues I have ever played. Hope the next leagues to be more challenging and to add more interesting mechanics to the game.
Guild leader of Apotheosis for more information about the guild:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/900355
"
Nuro wrote:

The time-based incentive to farm specific zones created by them made the end-game of Path of Exile significantly more enjoyable for me. Maps: you roll what you have with some affixes, you run them, repeat -- extremely boring to me.

+1 Leave it as it is.
im just sad we can't get perma tempest that was mad fun.

i really wish SC would get the fun league as well because other then ambush we have not had any fun leagues in a while
ign: Purdre
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ʀᴀɪsᴇ ᴜʀ ᴅᴏɴɢᴇʀs ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
beta ign: ALLTHESPORKS
No blue signature modded items spells it all for my experince in warbands.

Next time you advertise something make sure you can deliver.

And make sure next league has at least 3 trade related challenges so I can put poe to rest for good.
that one guy who was like "thanks ggg for listening to the community" had me IN STITCHES. ahaha funny even thinking about it

so... I never got into warbands cause all my good chars were in tempest (tempest, while badly designed (timers WAAYYYYYY too short and tempests static instead of MOVING. WIND MOVES OMG!!!) really was a good idea and should've been transferred to the core game wholesale. only with the rarer ones ACTUALLY SPAWNING of course. every tempest I couldn't full clear, I've never even seen once in the game.

hahaha listening to the community it's so hilarious

then all my tempest chars died (due to bullshit random master opness - never to the things that were actually designed to be dangerous like piety and malachai!) and I moved with them to standard cause I got REALLY tired of levelling the same damn thing which I knew would work and be fun to play in endgame (and it does!) again and again through the boring first 2 difficulties.

got close to the vendor challenge, but without getting an end game char to farm for the regal recipe... nope. so ultimately I gave up on the temp leagues. and really, I don't see myself focussing on the next ones either, in the end standard is all that matters, and even that doesn't mean much in a game I'm probably gonna drop completely when I've reached a dead end with my favourite standard chars. ggg done (or not done) enough to me and to the game to make me leave ten times already, but I'm gonna follow this forever if just for the hilarious rage over their ever unpopular decisions. every nerf, every ripoff, every denying the playerbases' most urgent wishes... great fun to read.

since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Sep 22, 2015, 4:43:20 AM
Warbands certainly didn't deliver. Great idea but poorly implemented. For the 200+ hours time played to come out of it with only 1 of the new items introduced into the game is lower than below average for a LOOT BASED action RPG. Quite disappointed. Hope next time you do a better job of delivering quality content for your game.
Come on! Warbands from boxes is the only thing we've got form this league? And maybe map mods?

As I know main criticism for warbands was about not spawning them and against several layers of RNG destroying mativation to hunt them. Also few days ago I found that there is warbands tracker website and you know what? I started enjoy warbands much more!!! Something like this should have been implemented as a part of the game.

I am trying to say that the idea was really interesting but it fails on execution. And now instead of improving it I feel like you are going to remove it.
"
Doomzie wrote:
Warbands certainly didn't deliver. Great idea but poorly implemented. For the 200+ hours time played to come out of it with only 1 of the new items introduced into the game is lower than below average for a LOOT BASED action RPG. Quite disappointed. Hope next time you do a better job of delivering quality content for your game.

I think Warbands was quality content, I liked the occasional spike in difficulty, without them beeing outright broken. And I wouldn't even mind the low droprates. What I am missing recently is the ROLEPLAYING aspect of the game.
With all the discussions about mechanics, droprates, damage values and all it, it feels as if Tetris had more character development and Minesweeper more story to it (/sarcasm).

Why did the Warbands appear. Tempest can be explained to weather, but what are they exactly, where do tempests come from/what caused them.

What do the Warbands want? Did they suceed or did the exiles stop them?

What happened to the old Warbands leaders, why did new ones appear. Who are the Chaos Warbands? Why did they appear? What are their goals?

I think having occasional texts about that (BEX? Anyone?) would have helped immensely. You could even have had a text about some exile who is a really good tracker and found a way to find warbands and thus mentioned the tracker site on your homepage via link. If you get players immersed into your vision and explain certain shortcomings (the missing warbands in the beginning) with more than just "They weren't done yet.", you might have less people complain about the game.
Last edited by t_golgari on Sep 22, 2015, 5:34:00 AM
Chaos warband? I didn't even know there was such a thing... lol
(and i play the league since the release of the expansion)
Is it better to rule in Hell, than it is to serve in Heaven?
Somewhat emotional feedback.

To me Warbands league was pretty much over-tuned packs of rogue exiles that drop next to nothing while in some cases being harder than act boss. It was not fun. With an average build I ended up just running from some of them as I didn't find it worth the risk. Feeling like some could just evaporate my character if it didn't have overcapped resistances.
But I have nothing against it being event based - gives option to opt out if I don't feel like seeing them at given time .. and take a break instead. Sad that Tempest won't get the same treatment.

Looking forward to trying out Tempest when it will be available in SC league during the 1 month event. Ideologically it sounds much better, but haven't experienced.

But last thing I want to see is a fire warband that destroys my character in sub-second just because I hadn't maxed out fire resistance at the time, especially on that poor CI character who couldn't get time to regen anything in such .. heat.

I never saw a chaos warband.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info