[2.1][Video] The TankyToss - Hybrid CoC Spectral Throw

This Build won´t get any updates - if you have questions about it feel free to ask me in a PM!

This build uses Spectral Throw to trigger Cast on Critical Strike with two Spells, using the power of the Vagan "Hits can´t be evaded" Mod to ensure a high rate of casts with easy gearing.

Its called TankyToss because it is a Hybrid build utilising Energy Shield and Life to achieve a high effective Health Pool.

The build can be played as Templar, Shadow, Witch or Ranger.

To get a first impression of the build you can have a look at this short Video
[playstv id="55ffaec013dccee609"][/playstv]

+ High Health Pool + Instant Leech
+ High speed gameplay / fast map clear
+ Not expensive to gear
+ Can do most map mods
+ Great AoE clearing
+ Can use a variety of spells to change the gameplay

-Can have Problems with high health singletargets without any adds (Atziri/Daresso)
-ele reflect maps are really dangerous
-Can hurt your FPS pretty hard, depending on spells used
- Curse immune Maps are annoying

Updated 2.1 Skilltrees - First Draft - Subject to change

2.1 Templar lvl 90

2.1Shadow lvl 90

Level 90 Templar Tree

Level 90 Shadow Tree

Level 90 Witch Tree

Level 90 Ranger Tree

Bandits:

Normal: Help Oak or kill all
Cruel: Help Kraityn or kill all
Merciless: Help Alira

My Gear in Warbands:
Spoiler

Mainhand Weapon
We use a Dagger with the Vagan Signature Mod "Hits can't be evaded"

To start off a Dagger with just this Mod and crafted Crit Chance is good enough.
You don´t need to Multi Mod it right away, the build works even in 78+79 maps with a non Multi Mod Dagger.

Good bases are Poignard,Royal Skean,Slaughter Knife. (The high attack speed bases)

Shield
We use a Energy Shield Base with Life and Spelldamage on it.

All the Mods we really want are Prefixes so try to find a good balance. If it has very high ES its ok to have no Life roll.

Good Suffixes are Spell Critical Strike Chance and Resists.

Chest

We need a 6 Link here, preferably with high ES or decent ES and Life.
The Colours we need can be hard to get an a pure ES Base, its ok to use a EV/ES Chest as long as the ES is decent.

Helmet

A Rats Nest is nice to have as the Attack Speed and Global Crit are a usefull damage boost.

A Rare Helmet could provide a big chunk of Life and ES, so it can also be a good option.

Starkonjas Head would be a middle ground between them, providing good life and some attack speed and crit. Its also pretty cheap so if you start out with this build i´d recommend trying it.

Gloves

This Slot depends on your Choice for the Helmet.

If you don't use Rat's Nest you can use Maligaros here.

Rare Gloves can be a good choice no matter what Helmet you use, you can get Life, ES, Resists here.
If you don´t use a Rats Nest try to get rare gloves with a high attackspeed roll.

Boots

This slot is open for choice, rare boots are fine and can provide a lot of life, energy shield and resists.

I am using Mutewind Boots because they fit the build really well, but they are far from mandatory.

Other unique options would be Atziris Steps, Kaoms Roots, Blood Dance, Rainbow Strides or Windscreams.

Amulet
I am using a elreon amulet as i was really lucky with the regal on the one i am using.
I´d recommend using at least one piece of Jewlery with Elreon mod, rings are even a better Slot for this as we can´t get that many usefull mods on Rings anyway.

Mods we want on a Amulet are:

-Crit Multiplier
-Crit Chance
-Spell Damage

and

-Life
-ES
-Some Resists if needed

Rings

If we can we want to use Diamond Rings for the implicit crit chance.
Its a good place to get one piece of gear with Elreon "- Mana cost of Skills" mod as we don´t need any specific rolls on the rings anyway.

Mods we want on Rings are:

- Life
- ES
- Elemental resistances as needed
- Chaos resistance
- Attack Speed

Belt

We use a Chain Belt or Leather Belt, with Life, ES, elemental resistance and chaos resistance.

Flasks

Atziri´s Promise is a great Flask as it adds Chaos Resist when we need it and provides a damage boost and additional life leech.

As we crit a lot we want to use Surgeon's Flasks and can have them up all the time if we like to.

I prefer to carry one Hybrid Flask just in case is should run out of Mana on a single target, but seeing how rare that is to happen at all using a Saphire Flask or a Diamond Flask would be more resonable.

Jewels

Overall you want the following Stats:

-one or two Jewels with Mana on hit
-Attack Speed (one Hand Melee, Dagger,while holding a shield, general )
-Critical Strike Chance (Global,Dagger,one hand Melee, NOT Melee Crit Chance)
-Critical Strike Multi (Global, for Spells, NOT Dagger or Melee)
-Spell Damage (general, while holding shield)
-Elemental Damage (depending on the Spells you are using)
-Damage (just the simple inc. Damage stat works for everything)
-Energy Shield %

The Mana on hit can only roll on Viridian Jewels and is a pretty rare roll so you often have to use Mana on hit jewels with otherwise subpar stats.

The Spelldamage and Spelldamage while holding a shield can only be rolled on Cobal Jewels.

Keep in mind that Melee Critical Strike chance does not work for Spectral Throw and that Melee and Dagger Critical Strike Multi does not benefit our damage as all our damage comes from the spells.

Its also usefull to get some resists on your jewels to make you more flexible with other gear choices, but it should not be the mainfocus on jewels as you can get pretty good other stats.

Crafting Jewels:

For the Mana on Hit Jewels just use Alts to roll them, if you get Mana on hit Regal it. Even one good stat together with Mana on hit is really good.

For other Jewels i think spamming chaos isn´t a bad idea as you get the chance for good 4 stat jewels and you have a large variety of rolls that are good for the build. There is also a good chance to roll some GG jewels for other builds that you can sell for a pretty penny!

6 Link
You can use any Spells you like but one lightning spell helps to shock reliable in higher maps.
Try Arc, Shock Nova and Stormcall and see which one you like best.

Other Spells i tried that worked well: Fireball, Ice Spear, Glacial Cascade, Firestorm, Magma Orb

4 Link
Assassins Mark is needed for the Power Charges and also boosts the Critchance and Crit Damage.
The second curse is a matter of choice i used Poacher Mark for Mana on hit and Frenzy Charges, now switched to Warlords Mark for additional life and mana leech and endurance charges.
Elemental weakness is also a option for more damage.

While leveling Poachers Mark will help the most as it provides a lot of Mana on hit and covers your Spectral Throw costs even if you don´t crit.

4/3/2 Link
The reduced Mana is optional, your choice if you need it. If it feels fast enough for you you can also make it a 2 Link with only Whirling Blades + Fortify to save some Gem Slots.

2/2 Link
This Setup is there to keep up charges during longer bossfights without adds.
We get 17 second powercharge duration so its not a problem to use this like every 15 seconds to keep the charges up in a boss fight.

I use a CwdT set up because i am to lazy to resummon the golem all the time but still want to use it because of the added crit chance and distraction it provides.
A low level Cwdt makes sure that its up all the time.

3/4 Link
The Vaal Disciplin is like a Flask for our Energy Shield. Its a great boost in boss fights and i would not want to miss it.
The second Vaal Skill can be Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace or even Vaal Moltenshell+LifeLeech.

Discplin boosts our effective life pool and a purity gives us additional maximum resistance.
You also don´t need that many resistances on your gear if you use a purity.

If you don´t use the Purity you can use the unreserved Mana to run a low level Clarity. This will cover the costs of your Spectral throw and make it easier to run Elemental Weakness in your Curse on Hit Setup instead of Warlords or Poachers. You also don´t need any Mana on Hit Jewels if you run a Clarity. (they are still nice to have to run Low/No Regen Maps)

You can also check all my Characters and latest builds in this Thread!
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Mar 26, 2016, 1:13:59 AM
can u add a lvling section ? Build looks pretty interesting, but not rly sure how to lvl the char, because on low lvl coc dont rly work so good ^^
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

It depends what class you level this char as.

You can allways spec into some Mana Reg along the way, use a Mana pot and go with some selfcast spells + flametotem.

If you get some Crit early on and Elreon Rings you can also try to level as Ele Cyclone/Frostblades using a Stormheart

Thats what i did and it was really fun leveling. Ran all 3 Heralds + Poachers Mark for Mana.

To start early with the CoC Part you can use a Ungil's Harmony. It helps a lot getting your crit chance up early.

Vagan Daggers can have a quite low level requirement so it does not take all that long to start.

If you want to level as Crit attacker as Templar start i´d recomend to get Disemboweling to get some Attack crit early on and respec out of it later when you get near Assassination.
(Keep in mind that Disemboweling does not work for ST, can only use it to level up with other Attacks)
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
What bandits did you get? Im assuming Oak/Kraitlyn/alira/skillpoint?
The first 2 are not important, get Oak or Skillpoint in Normal, Skillpoint or Krait in Cruel and then Power Charge in Merciless.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Could this build work with just a 5-link or no? And also is Tabula Rasa a viable option for this build?
Both could work.

If you use a Tabula you would have alot less ES obviously, in that case i would use a high ES Helmet with 350-400 ES and make ES the No.1 priority on the shield.

In a 5 L you would have to skip GMP or one Spell.

I also tried to use 2 Spells of one Element and a Doryanis Belt to skip the LL Gem.
It does work, but i would only do that for low level maps, its not really a good solution and lacks staying power in singletarget situations.

It CAN work but i would say a Tabula is the better option.

You can also look for a corrupted 6L with some ES and fitting colours, they are often cheap and even a little ES is better than nothing on a Tabula.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
THX alot for your effort.
Its nicely written.

I am leveling that char right now. We will see how much fun it is :D
I decided to level this in the 1 month and just switched to CoC as soon as i never did it, at lvl 42 (Act 1 Cruel)

Its a bit of a pain for single target atm but its ok to level with.

Gear atm:
Spoiler

And just a hint: Never start a new char on the weekends... leveling with all mods is really hard ;)

EDIT:
Got to A4M today (19.10), using Inspired Learning Jewel this time, great fun so far!
Upgraded Gear:
Spoiler

Tree @ lvl 69
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Oct 18, 2015, 6:07:47 PM
Big Update: After testing the Build again in the current one month as Shadow start i did some pretty big changes to the tree for all class starts, i updated the Trees in the opening post!

All Trees have more Spell Crit, Spell Damage and Crit Multi and less life as i found that even with a lot of chaos damage from Beyond Mobs that much life under the ES just isn´t needed and can be traded for better damage.

Current 1Month Gear + Tree @ LvL 80:

Spoiler
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Oct 22, 2015, 6:04:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info