[2.0] Saruman's Hybrid Explosive Arrow Single Player Map MF'er (20/250+ IIQ/IIR) + Videos

Serleth

serleth if you try this build could you post pros/cons of your PsnArrow Build VS this ExplosiveArrow Build?!?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Sep 15, 2015, 8:24:01 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
Serleth

serleth if you try this build could you post pros/cons of your PsnArrow Build VS this ExplosiveArrow Build?!?!

Yeah sure. I'm actually respeccing a character for it right now to fiddle around with it.

One immediate con I found is the dex requirements. Whereas the PA build can relatively easily get up to the int required for a max level AoE/CE gems, this build needs a lot more work on gear (at least two pieces) with dex on them, probably dex on jewel rolls in order to min-max passive point investment on the tree, and at least one +30 dex node off the tree itself even then.

EDIT: It's not a huge problem on jewel rolls actually, but it is slightly less optimal because ideally you'd get IAS, fire damage, life, and resistances. The possible necessity for a dexterity suffix takes away the IAS or resistance rolls.

Only run one map with it so far but we'll see how it goes. I immediately can tell you I don't think AA is a requirement either; might as well run purity to make gearing easier and allow for the dual Andvarius.

EDITEDIT: Quick additional note off the one map I've run, it seems like the build, even without AA, is more survivable off the hop. Don't see a noticeable difference in clear speed so far.

And this setup would be slightly cheaper by about 6-8ex if you follow the OP's directions to the letter, sacrificing the 50% IIR and not requiring Drillneck. So that's kind of a mixed bag of pro/con.

That's all I have for feedback for now, will have more when I play with it more.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 15, 2015, 8:51:04 PM
here is the tree i have made for a lvl 84 character:
i added some dex, dropped some HP:

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAx4DdQYOB2MJ9gthDXwRUBa_GGobJRzcH0Ei9CaVJ-0o-iqNNbk22DlSOlg8LT1fQYdFnUkbS65QQlJTUzVTUlVLVcZXyVgHWHdca18EXyph4mjybAttGXKpdFV82X31gpuCx4Nfg8yESIw2jxqPRpErkyeX9Jo7muCboZ2uoS-iAKSxpwinK6yYr2y0DLc-uJO-isNtxPbGrsrTy73UfNi92VvfiuFz5Y7pAuq66-7sVfAf8Wz3MvfX-ej-Cpit2t1-WX_GSVHw1ZUuBx4Rlg==

Thnk you to : Serleth for helping me chosoe what to strip down

EDIT: just a quick error u did :
"
CWDT setup is: CWDT - Enduring Cry - Phase Run - Increased Duration in exact order.
I'm keeping CWDT at LvL13, but you could opt in to go for one or two levels higher, depending on your playstyle.

it should be immortla call, not enduring cry
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Sep 15, 2015, 10:02:24 PM
how do we calculate our DPS?!
"
I'm curious about the attacks per second number?

For EA, I value attack speed above everything else...

Even with a defensive CWDT setup, stacking 5 fuses as fast as possible is useful to me.

Can you post a screenshot of the explosive arrow stats?

Thnx

Updated the post with APS screens.
Will try to add video later on in the day ...

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
would the DPS be enought wiht out enlighten+3 and only a 5L?

also can you make a tree for a level 80 characters?!what would you drop?

You mean empower lvl3, right ? ;)
It would be okay, but if you wanna really push those high lvl maps, that empower is gonna be a difference maker, especially on unique bosses, otherwise, until maps lvl79, you're fine without empower.
If you're level 80, ignore that 2 projectile nodes at far right of the tree, and dont go to the Arsonist Fire Damage nodes at bottom left of the tree.
IGN: Sarumanica
Last edited by Lorodrins on Sep 16, 2015, 2:46:43 AM
Looks fun! Question: Flavor-wise, I used to love that EA didn't need to run GMP or LMP. Is there a necessity for it now because prolif was nerfed? 5 Stack AOE isn't enough?
Good question.

I opted to go in for Increased AoE and GMP combination just to get my packs down fast.
The overlap of explosions will do massive amounts of damage, and any monsters, either white, blue, or rare, that are located in the area of fuses, will be gone in 2 or 3 fuses, rather than stacking 5 fuses of single EA.

So, you'll have much higher clear speed with GMP-IAoE-EA combo.

But, since i managed to score Adds and additional Arrow corruption on my Soul Strike, I'm gonna swap GMP for LMP, which will net me "10% more damage", in a sense that I wont have 25% less damage penalty from GMP, but 15% less from LMP ...

My next step is crafting +1+2, 2 res, and %IAS bow in my offslot, managed to score another 6L maraketh, just by doing stubborn 20%Q whetstone and fusing recipe ...

Also, when i hit standard, i'll yolo exalt all of the jewels i have, due to the, still high price of Exalted in Warbands ...
Last edited by Lorodrins on Sep 16, 2015, 5:29:01 AM
cant wait to see a vid (:
but as a ea noob... isnt single target dmg a problem?
I carry slower projectiles and conc effect, and swap them in for IAoE and GMP.

But only for hard bosses, like Village Ruin duo, or Palace Dominus ...

Eitherway, exiles, rare mobs, and most of the unique map bosses are down just like white or blue mobs, even on 30%+ more monster life map modifiers.

Slower Projectiles and its "More damage" modifier is making wonders on 4-5 fuses on bosses, and if ignite happens, they are down in under 10 seconds.
Last edited by Lorodrins on Sep 16, 2015, 8:12:51 AM
where do we get our pierce from?!? do we jsut hit the first row of ennemy?

also why are you using a maraketh bow instead of a thicket bow? (less mov speed, and more APS)
***is it because you cannot sustain mana with the higher APS?
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Sep 16, 2015, 11:40:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info