Experimental Brazilian Gateway

"
Rakescar wrote:
Ping went back to normal here too, whatever it was let's hope it doesn't happen again =O

It has very little to do with the thread, but yes, the majority of SOUTH america speaks Portuguese. Latin america is another story thou, the dominant language is Spanish, mostly thanks to Mexico, which have a pretty high population. But there's so many territories added to Latin America compared to South America that even if we took Mexico out of it Spanish would probably still be the predominant language.

what the fuck bro.? MEXICO IS NOT FROM LATIN AMERICA!!! the only country that speak Portuguese is Brazil the rest is Spanish

*Edited by Support*
"
mathowned wrote:
Pessoal, esse servidor foi lançado oficialmente ou está em fase de testes?
Quero jogar, mas não suporto ping alto.

Obrigado!

Está em fase de testes, mas quando o ping ficar baixo o suficiente para garantir uma boa experiência de jogo, ele passará a ser permanente. Além do mais, parece que quando isso acontecer, termos um PoE traduzido pra português.

My ping before: 180ms max
My ping now: 33ms max
"
molderx3 wrote:
what the fuck bro.? MEXICO IS NOT FROM LATIN AMERICA!!! the only country that speak Portuguese is Brazil the rest is Spanish

*Edited by Support*

You're confusing the definitions. Mexico is a Latin American country because the language spoken (spanish) derives from latin, but unlike most other Latin American countries Mexico is not a part of South America. And while it is true that most South American countries speak spanish there is still a greater amount of portuguese speakers in the region, because the population of Brazil surpasses the population of all other South American countries combined.
Thanks again GGG for the brazilian / South America server!!

Aqui tinha também o problema de latencia com o server mesmo trocando p/ Sao Paulo. Resolvi com o progrma WTFast que é gratuito!

AOS AMIGOS BRS QUE QUEREM ENTRAR EM UMA GUILD BR VOLTADA PARA O HC:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1389566
Rip count:∞ = HC player way of life.
Hello!
I did a tracert to br.login.pathofexile.com and I got 18 ms. I live in Rio de janeiro and my ISP is NET VIRTUA

so the route is perfect ;D
60 ms from 220 normal in texas server... BRAZILIAN OPEN NOW! xD LOL
Playing from Paraná state (south of Brazil).

Washington D.C. latency = 141ms, except during internet "rush hour", then it goes to 200ms and gets pretty much unplayable.

São Paulo latency = 16ms

LOCKSTEP MODE experience: Horrible. The latency is low but it's not stable, every few seconds it goes to up to 30 or even 50 which causes "LOCKS" on my "STEP"... now seriuously, lockstep only works if you have a really stable connection.

Just making a comparison with League of Legends that also uses lockstep: my latency in Riot brazilian server is 19 and that's it, it may go up or down by 1 point like 18~20, but never these mini spikes 16 to 30~50.

PREDICTIVE MODE experience: it's really good, can't complain about anything. Those mini spikes don't affect predictive mode in a noticeable way.

A list of noticeable improvements after latency change:
- Now I can walk past mobs without desynch (before that was nearly impossible);
- Now I can spam movement skills wihtout desynch (specially cyclone);
- Swapping weapons (pressing X) is instantaneous now, before it used to take up to 1 second to change;
- Picking up items from the floor or putting in/taking off stuff from stash/inventory is instantaneous aswell, before it used to take up to 1 second;
- In the past 3 days I desynched only twice.... before I would desynch in every instance at least once.

NOTES
If you are from South America you should try both modes, lockstep and predictive to see which one is better for you.

If you are from South America and your latency in São Paulo is worse than in North America or any other server you should contact your ISP because that is most likely caused by a bad routing of your ISP.

Just to clarify for that other guy who was a little lost:

Latin America = All America (north, central, south) except USA and Canada;
South America total population is about 380 millions;
Brazil total population is about 210 millions;
So yes, there are more portuguese speakers than spanish speakers in South America.

IMO I find unecessary translating. Translating usually ends up with ridiculous and outrageous translations, but since I have absolute no idea how much a translation would impact their market I prefer to remain silent about that. But if they are really going to translate to portuguese they should translate to spanish aswell, otherwise it would make no sense. Althought there are more portuguese speaker in South America, it is nearly 50/50 and on top of that there are way more spanish speakers all over the world.
Last edited by pelife123 on Nov 17, 2015, 6:47:45 PM
From São Paulo - SP
My ISP: Vivo 10mb
Ping: before 45 ~ 70; after 150 ~ 160

http://pastebin.com/kkz2Z1TS

Well... Since the beginning of the BR server, I've never had any issues with my ping.
Guess I just got a bad routing today (I don't remember if this is the right term for it).

It only starts after "xe2-0-3-0...", so I hope my ISP will do something about it.

Thanks for this new server GGG. Not only us, but all people from south america (I think =) appreciated all you have done.
Last edited by disastergamer on Dec 4, 2015, 7:52:18 PM
With The brazilian client coming out on the 11th I .m expecting the gateway to be "oficially released" on the same date. While most of the time it works fine, I still have a lof jitter in game, which can be annoying but bearable. Howerver, from time to time, like once every 10 days or so, it comes down to a unplayable state, even on predictive mode it's just impossible to get any skils cast. It lasts from hours for up to 3 days. Today is one of these days, So I took a small sample of trace route to post here. I'm not currenctly experiencing this on any other games, only PoE.

http://pastebin.com/rR9r48cX

I'm playing from Porto Alegre - Rio Grande do Sul, southmost state of Brazil.

I hope this can be fixed before the gateway is released to general public.
Thanks again for all the effort put on our community.
My latency was great in this gateway, consistently around 50ms up until 3-4 days ago, then it went up to 160ms and havent changed back. I live in the same state that the datacenter is located in. My results: http://pastebin.com/BTtH2zbd

Something changed in the rounting of my ISP or the datacenter recently?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info