Experimental Brazilian Gateway

My ping was 40-60 ms until the server crash that happened 2 days ago, since that moment my ping is 150-190 ms same as when i play on Washington DC server.
"
Kiloku wrote:
"
buttseckz wrote:
Hey Chris,

Unfortunately I'm experiencing a lot more latency in Brazilian Servers then I was for US servers, and I live in Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.

Here is the pastebin link with the MTR log: http://pastebin.com/ueF6jEPq

I'm getting from 200 to 250ms anytime I login.

I'm sitting on a 100MBs dl/up link. My ISP is Predialnet.

Hopefully there is something to be done about the routing to BR servers. Since you guys are gathering info about the ISPs here, is it possible to provide a list of the ones that are presenting a reasonable latency? I might consider hiring another ISP just to play PoE if necessary.

Regards.

You are losing 50% of your packets at 189001131001.usr.predialnet.com.br.
I hear Predial has good Customer Support (I never used their service, so I don't know for sure).
Try calling them, and ask to be transferred to higher level tech support, so you can explain that your latency to this server over in SP is too high, etc, and that there's a lot of packet loss in one of Predial's own nodes during the routing.

Btw, just for reference, I'm from Rio too, my ISP is GVT, and I get 14~16 ping to the SP gateway. 30 sometimes.

Hey Kiloku.

Yeah, I noticed that too, and will try their support first, but I don't have much hope they will help me with it. They used to have an amazing support, but I think they grew too much in too short of a time and while it is still better than most, it is not what it used to be.

Good to know GVT has a good route to their servers tho. I might install GVT again if it keeps up after the servers are stabilized.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards.
"
shaunb20 wrote:
so chris, when are we getting NZ server? 60ping far too high <3

I'm from Argentina I wish I could have a 60ms conection :P I will try this out today when I go home from work, I'm playing Tempest league in the Texas server with 160+ms and I's... quite ok I mean it's better that you could think but to get a south american server is REALY good, but I'm guessing that you might need to put one in Brazil and another in Chile, 1 because Brazilians are a lot!!! I dont know if there is a lot of them playing PoE but they always get their own server because of the quantity of brazilians and another for the south of south america and another for the north of south america.

Another thing that I dont get now is that Chris is saying that he is going to put a translation for south america but... the point is that in Brazil they speak Brazilian that is a Portuguese bassed lenguage and in the rest of south america we speak Spanish or you might say a Latin American Spanish that differs from the Spanish from Spain... quite a lot.

So the question is, is going to be a traslation to Brazilian and to Latin American Spanish? if there is so please... please please please DONT TRANSLATE NAMES!, I dont want to see things like "Orbe del Joyero" (Jeweller's Orb) o "El hielo susurrante" (Whispering Ice) o "Rompe Caras" (Facebreaker) o "Bola de Fuego" (Fireball) o "Flecha Explosiva" (Explosive Arrow) o "Heraldo de las Cenizas" (Herald of Ash)... please for the sake of yourself dont translate the names of the things in game, translate the flavour text, the npc text, the help text, but please dont mess with the names! In english they sound better!.

Best Regards!
Indestructible, determination that is incorruptible
From the other side, a terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable, every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible, take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war
I agree, names look so silly in portuguese aswell i hope they keep it all in english.
The translation itself is a wasted effort. I never managed to play a game translated to portuguese. Everything looks so...silly. Sometimes it even ruins the game narrative.

All that effort would be put to better use on game and architecture improvements or new content. I for one will keep playing the game in English, as it is supposed to be played and it has been for so long. =)
"
buttseckz wrote:
The translation itself is a wasted effort. I never managed to play a game translated to portuguese. Everything looks so...silly. Sometimes it even ruins the game narrative.

All that effort would be put to better use on game and architecture improvements or new content. I for one will keep playing the game in English, as it is supposed to be played and it has been for so long. =)

Agree with this, translations in Spanish are silly too, all the games I play are in English because of that... but the REAL problem is that this is a GATEWAY no a separated server so... let's say that I'm from Argentina, I see an item with certain name so I get to know that Item by that name so for trading with other people is just... almost impossible because I know an item by it's name and the other person knows it by another name and it's not only silly to read the translation it's also confusing.
Indestructible, determination that is incorruptible
From the other side, a terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable, every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible, take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war
Last edited by exploder on Sep 11, 2015, 3:39:28 PM
I´m from São Paulo

yesterday the game was running quite smoothly, but today i´m concerned more with the latency, i´m getting 400ms+ -, way too more than my experience yesterday.
i´m not siting on a Static IP, btw.
(but i dunno if that has something to do with the connectivity or not at all)

Spoiler
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.0.254 - 0 | 181 | 181 | 0 | 0 | 9 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 36 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 10.90.11.196 - 2 | 170 | 168 | 0 | 85 | 4075 | 49 |
| ip-177-79-213-164.user.vivozap.com.br - 0 | 177 | 177 | 38 | 108 | 4439 | 54 |
| 187-100-48-169.dsl.telesp.net.br - 1 | 173 | 172 | 0 | 96 | 4410 | 45 |
| 187-100-48-70.dsl.telesp.net.br - 0 | 177 | 177 | 33 | 100 | 4215 | 39 |
| 187-100-39-25.dsl.telesp.net.br - 5 | 150 | 143 | 0 | 100 | 4335 | 40 |
| 213.140.51.113 - 0 | 177 | 177 | 36 | 93 | 4324 | 48 |
|te0-3-0-2-grasaoeq1.net.telefonicaglobalsolutions.com - 1 | 173 | 172 | 0 | 100 | 4188 | 258 |
| 84.16.8.65 - 0 | 177 | 177 | 38 | 95 | 4498 | 45 |
| ae6.dar02.sao01.networklayer.com - 2 | 166 | 163 | 0 | 93 | 4248 | 53 |
| po2.fcr01b.sao01.networklayer.com - 0 | 177 | 177 | 42 | 96 | 4410 | 47 |
|169.57.132.54-static.reverse.softlayer.com - 2 | 170 | 168 | 0 | 90 | 4159 | 44 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
"-Moments of clarity are so rare, i´d better document this."
20-40 ms from Rio de Janeiro, haven't had any problems with the routing yet as shown below and lockstep has been pretty smooth so far.

This is so good.

Got 12 routes.

3 of them are 140 - 150 ms (my ping right now)
9 of them are good pings.

Can i do something about this?
Or just wait?

Edit: 140ms stable. Instance crash disappeared.
Last edited by Kondecigs on Sep 11, 2015, 6:37:33 PM
"
Kondecigs wrote:

Got 12 routes.

3 of them are 140 - 150 ms (my ping right now)
9 of them are good pings.

Can i do something about this?
Or just wait?

Edit: 140ms stable. Instance crash disappeared.

The last 3 adresses (the ones with high ping) look like are softlayer's servers so no the problem's not on your end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info