[Discontinued] Start from 0, farm uber Atziri within 1 month

I will no longer update this thread
Thread Contents for Reference

-------------------

The idea is simple here. We start with a build that is strong with little gear, and then we transition into a build that does uber easily with good gear, and has a similar skill tree and reuses some of the gear pieces. At most 20 regrets will be needed in addition to the respec points we get.

There are several initial builds for you to choose from depending on your preferences. All of these help krait, help krait, help oak to align with the coc discharge build.

Recommended Initial build: Shockwave Totems

My SWT gear + tree in Talisman SC

L80, Dec 14th

2.9k life after reserve, 2.2k ES, 14k TT DPS with inc AoE and no flask/charges

Gloves are missing immortal call in the CWDT link and enduring cry in the other socket.

Passives

Videos
SWT comparison vs CoC discharge without Voll's Devo

SWT
SWT isn't great for leveling 1-70, so we level with Flame Totem, Fire Trap, and Firestorm Trap.

Leveling trees:
15 pts. Damage.
30 pts. Ancestral Bond. You need to link your Firestorm to Trap and Multitrap at this point.
48 pts A bit more damage and some ES.
61 pts More life and ES.
75pts More damage.
92 pts.
106 pts. Transition to SWT tree.

Final SWT Passive Tree

Gems:
3L
Shockwave Totem - Faster Casting - Increased Area of Effect
Inc AoE can be swapped for conc effect if you're anticipating a particularly hard boss fight

4L
Physical to Lightning

5L
Iron Will or Added Fire
to make iron will work look for gear that has high amounts of STR on it

6L
Item Rarity

Auras:
Hatred + Discipline | Enduring Cry
Blood Magic - Clarity
These are meant to go in your weapon/shield

Incinerate + GMP + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark or Ice Spear + GMP + PCoC
This is for generating power charges with/without Romira's ring

CWDT - immortall call - summon ice golem

Trap - Multiple Traps - Blade Fall - Trap and Mine Damage
To help with single target in maps

Gear
Romira's ring is required to generate power charges efficiently. Until you get it you will have to use ice spear with PCoC instead of incinerate.

A good rare dagger will be very helpful. Look for spell damage, spell critical strike chance, adds x-y cold damage to spells, and global critical strike multiplier. A dagger is better than scepter/wand since you can use whirling blades.

After that you will want a tabula. But a rare 5L chest with 300-400 ES might be even better.

Your defenses come from your ES so you will want a shield with high ES (350+), boots (150+), and helmet (250+). Make sure you get chaos resists. You will re-use the shield, boots, and helmet on your endgame build so feel free to spend extra on those.

For the rest of your gear you can either get damage or magic find. For damage go for diamond rings with crit chance and maligaro or facebreaker gloves. For magic find go for rings with IIR, perandus belt, and gloves with IIR (or Aurseize if you can afford them). Leo's mod (10-20% faster start of ES recharge) is extremely useful on rings. It's a prefix and costs 2c to craft, so I would recommend leveling Leo to level 3 for it.

SWT also requires 155 str, and bladefall requires 155 dex, so you will look for those on an amulet or boots/gloves.

Flasks:
Perpetual Granite of Iron Skin
Resist Flask of Warding (have one of each, choose based on map mods (extra elemental damage) or map boss)
Resist Flask of Heat or Mana flask of Heat
Panicked Eternal Life Flask of Staunching
Perpetual Quicksilver of Adrenaline

Alternative Build: Hybrid CoC Discharge on a Budget [my current]

Atziri Run

L88 Tree

Krait/Krait/Oak

Either belt works fine. I like the wretch for 7second diamond flasks at bosses.

2.4k life 3.9k es
+25 chaos res in merci
44% cyclone CC before PC/Asn Mark
3.05 APS
59% discharge CC, 260% crit multi

Uber Farming build: Hybrid CoC Discharger

Link.

While playing incinerate totems all your currency should be used to buy brittle emperor cards or save for voll's devotion. Once you have a voll's devotion and a 5L voll's protector you are ready to do uber. Until you get a voll's devotion, keep playing incinerate totems.

Testimonies

Patch 2.0.5 5whc race
"
ekunholy wrote:

2 missing items:
Wand, 55spd + 22cs + 56avg spell light dmg
Andvarius 60+15iir

Tabula fully covered it's cost. Jewl+fuse likely made extra 5ex (just because i had no issues with socketing and linking my chests over and over).

Tree i've used - poebuilder link
No ZO and double curse, extra stats and life/mana cluster instead
I had multicurser in group for mapping, and kinda felt comfortable with just es recharge without ZO

Auras: Discipline + Anger

There is my COC-Cyclone gear in Darkshrines HC (now in STD because life reached zero) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1405842/page/21#p12046210

Got full set of cards for Voll's Devotion at day #7 (1-1.2 ex per card), been waiting for master service to craft dagger for a most part.

Have spent about 15 ex on full gear plus jewels.
Rest of currency in stash: 10 ex pure, 4-5 ex in equiv+maps, some crap to sell for extra 3 ex.

Indeed, making money in HC seems too easy :D

Patch 2.0.4 1msc race
"
lord_leto wrote:
Hey, come here to say thanks for good idea, how to start league.
I went to 1MSC one week late and wanted to try totem and a char with es+life. My goal was to get few brittles and finish it in standard.
But I got more luck then deserved and here I am on the brink to respec to the coc build.

I started with a Lifespring I got from friend, first with Flametotem and by l20 or so when some vendor gave me a 4l continued with incinerate totem + selfcast incinerate. Got Discipline as early as I could and cruised along using 3l zombies as meatshield.
End of normal I had about 1.3k life + 1k es and enough dmg to do act4 with beyond and no death.
First death was in act4 Daresso. Was a bit crazy with beyond but I could at least do it solo.
Bought then my first 5l for 1c
Spoiler

For cruel Malachai i had 2k life + 2k es. Did it with a random guy, but he was merely a meatshield, could have done it alone.
In merc I had enough currency to buy mediocre splinters (15c) since i didn't spend a penny till now and used all fusing I had for that.
Then the build started to shine. Evrything melted and I could farm lake pretty efficiently.
So i spend a bit of currency to finalize the character.

So for about 3ex i had a char with 3.2k life + 4k es and 6.2k incinerate tooltip and 35/125 MF.
That seems good enough to do up to tier 8 rare maps with all mods on. Every income from that point on went to Brittles.
is great for the build and can be reused for coc build. Before one can use
it make possible running Disciple+Purity+AA with l1 enlighten from about l80 and still have enough mana to cast golem. So I finished all challenges with ease.

Now comes the luck part. I found 2 Brittles from Voll after patch. Chanced a Void Battery I sold for 7.5ex and found a decent Ventors which I could trade for 1 Brittle. Farmed the rest and here is the result.

Spoiler

Now at level 87 I am ready for respec. Btw by my count one needs over 30 regrets for that at that point. I used some free respec during leveling so its 38 for me. Since it is not always easy to buy regrets. My hint is to farm temple map for Vinias Token. With my MF I had a full set which is 10 regrets after 6 maps.

So thank again for a good idea and now its time to try out Cyclone CoC and whats so great about it.

All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Jan 29, 2016, 6:43:47 PM
can you cast arc when you got ancestrial bonds?
"
DanB1412 wrote:
can you cast arc when you got ancestrial bonds?

You can cast it, but it doesn't do any damage. It's just used as a method to apply two curses without having to target, or cast twice. Also the curse on hit gem gives us 10% curse effect at 20q.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"and has a similar skill tree and reuses some of the gear pieces. At most 20 regrets will be needed in addition to the respec points we get."

that makes 41 points to respec, that is not exactly the "same skill tree"...

In addition, the gear for your coc build is about
Voll's d: 20 exa
Voll's prot 6L : 10 exa
mali : 2 exa
that makes 32 exa for 3 main uniques. I don't think that everyone can reach that amount of assets in 1 month mate... Even less new players.

But that's a nice build, gratz for sharing!
"
tidave wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"and has a similar skill tree and reuses some of the gear pieces. At most 20 regrets will be needed in addition to the respec points we get."

that makes 32 exa for 3 main uniques. I don't think that everyone can reach that amount of assets in 1 month mate... Even less new players.

i was going to post the same thing..

i still dont know how to class this thread ... trolling or ? just trying to gain some karma points on reddit ?

the main ideeas are good..get a good build so you can do uber..but still..getting +30ex in less in a 1month is not impossible but to new players is imposible
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
Got any videos of how incinerate totem handles uber atziri on warbands
"
tidave wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

I think it's more in line for people who are relatively new and have been playing a few months

The totems build before the CoC one can do Atziri, if you no-life Atziri for a week during the first month of a league you can easily get 32ex

thank you oh so much for documenting the numerous reasons why incinerate must be nerfed in 2.1.
"
tidave wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

Well 41 points is within 24 from quests + 20 regrets. :P

"
tidave wrote:

Mali aren't that important. Vagan dagger is more important. Also Voll's protector 5L is enough. So you could start doing uber with 25exa. For dedicated player solo that's 2 weeks work in a new league. For someone learning the game as they go, I think it would take about a month. For a guild combining their pool to push uber asap, that's less than a week.

"
_Trekka wrote:

I think it's more in line for people who are relatively new and have been playing a few months

The totems build before the CoC one can do Atziri, if you no-life Atziri for a week during the first month of a league you can easily get 32ex

Yeah this is for players who are willing to dedicate time to grinding, but aren't necessarily aware of all the tools/builds available. No grind no exalts. I don't know any secret crafting recipes. :)

Except 6link voll is unnecessary luxury and 5link is no more than an exalt, and during league development, you can probably easily buy brittle emperors cheaper so that cuts into total voll devo cost even more. You can possibly close your budget within 20 exa.

Fickle pls read first post again. CoC is your go-to uber farmer, incinerate is only supposed to fund it.

E: typing on tablet is slooooow :d
Last edited by Yagulare on Sep 14, 2015, 4:52:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info