Themed Hideout Competition Submission Thread!

*Demented Unearthed Hideout* (Standard League Hideout)

This is my hideout I made last challenge league, I don't really know how to explain it, but I had a lot fun building it.

Last edited by Exile617000027 on Sep 9, 2015, 10:06:22 PM
Cathedral of Lost Hope (Standard)

Suffering and strife are the threads that weave the tapestry of Wraeclast.
Brought forth from an endless stream of worlds and dimensions,
The exiles sacrifice blood and humanity in their fight for existence.
Heroes rise and fall through an endless dance of death and carnage,
Leaving behind only scars and memories upon the Earth.
In life, they were Kings and masters whom shaped the world to their will,
In death, they are a nothing more than a symbol of human mortality.

I present to you the Cathedral of Lost Hope:
A place where we may honor our lost brothers.
May they find the peace in death that they were denied in life.

Picture 1 + 2: The field of Lost Memories

Picture 3: The church. Elreon bestows his wisdom upon those left behind.

Picture 4: The chamber of history. Zana records the deeds of the fallen to honor their memories. It is through these books that the history of Wraeclast is preserved.

Picture 5: The guest room. Leo visits the Cathedral regularly to recite the stories of those whom have valiantly fought and died in the arena. Although the bodies will fade, their spirit will live on.

Picture 6: The tomb of the Forgotten King. Was he kind or cruel? Was he a conqueror or a scholar? Did he build empires or did he squander his potential? His memory is gone, but we honor him still.

Picture 7: The embalming chamber. Haku has spent his life gathering the souls of great heroes. Here, he prepares the bodies to be buried and places the necessary ceremonial runes that guide the spirits to the life beyond.

Picture 8: The portal room. From infinite worlds and universes, all exiles eventually find their way here. The map device guides them through the endless maze of portals.

For higher resolution pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/znVYJ
Last edited by Eldyrus on Sep 27, 2015, 5:18:26 PM
The Banquet Hall
Enlightened Hideout - Standard League

In the scarred, afflicted land of Wraeclast, seldom can one find an opportunity such as fine dining. Yet, even in a land of misfortune, there are those who live in luxury. And for the few that live in luxury, there are many ways for them to indulge in pleasure. The Banquet Hall is one of these ways.

Entrance

Upon entrance, one can find themselves surrounded by elegance. A sea of red, gold and white creates a warm feeling of comfort. Red carpets full of texture and grace cover the hideout.

The Bar

Behind the bar, Leo can be found working as a Bartender. Here, individuals can help themselves to an exquisite drink.

The Fireplace

Nothing feels warmer than a cozy fireplace.

The Dining Area

The area for fine dining. Those of luxury travel the land to enjoy a delectable meal, here in the Banquet Hall.

The Extension

This room leads to two more rooms.

The VIP Room

A room for the richest of the rich. Only those who seek the best experience they can have come here - at a price.

The Lounge Room

After a delicious meal, what better task to do than relax? The comfort of this room is valued so highly that many individuals, including the rich, the exiled, and even Masters, travel here to let loose.

The Ball Room

Last but definitely not least, The Ball Room. This room completes the Banquet Hall. Here, one can delicately waltz with their partner, show off their ballet skills, or do the ol' tango.

Additional Comments
Man, do I love the Pillars and Flag 4 decoration. It's the perfect combination of red, white, and gold, matching the theme and colour scheme of the hideout. The one downside to the decoration is the hollow interior. In my hideout, I chose to use the White Catacomb 6 decoration to fill up this hollow, ensuring my hideout did not have areas of empty space. Many other decorations, such as pillars and plants, are used to cover up undesirable areas of the hideout, such as the piles of books on the floor. On the other hand, some decorations, such as crafting benches, are very complimentary to the hideout. Elreon's Blessing Font adds a nice touch to the ball room, Vorici's Artisan's Bench simulates firewood to fuel the fireplace, and Zana's Map Device spices up the Lounge Room. The other crafting benches are conveniently hidden in fitting areas. Overall, decorations are not only used to decorate the hideout, but to add and subtract aspects of the hideout to make it look a lot more appealing.

Link to HD Album
IGN: wanttosex
Last edited by ieattastypants on Sep 29, 2015, 11:07:25 PM
Nice hideouts all
Last edited by Pugmilamber on Sep 18, 2015, 3:13:20 AM
When it rains it pours!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just the beginning, I will be working on new projects, fun fun fun
GLHF all
I can be spotted wondering Wraeclast
Last edited by TheGreenGhost on Sep 9, 2015, 10:18:50 PM
Tristram Hideout
Catarina's Unearthed Hideout - Standard League

I'm reposting here my HOTW submission (never featured)! You can find the original thread here (with a different imgur album and a youtube video if you're interested).
Even though it was never picked as HOTW i still think it deserves some love, as i recieved lots of praises both here on the forums and ingame (thank you all!), in any case it’s a really nice hideout to use and “live” as a permanent hideout, when I play in standard.

The theme of this hideout can be described like this:
"
Martox29A wrote:
The idea behind this hideout was to rebuild the town of Tristram (as seen in D1) as a tribute to the Diablo series. Catarina’s hideout has the perfect atmosphere for that.
The original idea quickly evolved to include a small cemetery, the ruined cathedral and the descent to hell (including a small heavenly prelude, as seen in D2).

I understand that right now the Diablo and PoE series are technically competitors, but i ment this only as an innocent tribute to something that had been important in my youth, nothing more.

Here are the new images (you can click on them to enlarge them to full resolution):

Tristram Town main square, with it's iconic well.

Some more details from of buildings.

Tristram cemetery!

Tristram cathedral.

The altar with the map device inside. On the left the entrance to the catacombs.

After the catacombs, right before the gates of hell, a small heavenly prelude (as seen in D2).

The infernal landscape, in all it's dark magnificence.

The infernal wastes, where the souls of the damned are tormented for all eternity!

If you like what you see don't forget to click on the images to view them at full resolution, and visit my original thread for a new and detailed imgur album and youtube video!
Welcome Exiles, to New Fellshrine

The theme of this hideout is "Settlement"

"I have slain three bandit lords, but unknowingly created a fourth." - The Witch

Oak, Kraityn and Alira were all very different but had one thing in common - Legions of followers loyal to their power. After the Witch arrived at the Forest Encampment and culled the bandit lords many members of the bandit armies remained.

Built amidst the ruins of an ancient temple near the Fellshrine ruins, New Fellshrine was created by former members of the Bandit armies as a place of worship for their new lord: the Witch.

"Make use of this place as you will, but step near my barrier and you will meet your former lords." - The Witch

Fresh Inhabitants of New Fellshrine are informed of one strict rule the second they get off their boat: Do not go into the cave.

Despite the fervent and cult-like attitude her new followers had towards her, the Witch could not completely trust them. She guards her greatest secret in the ruins of an abandoned temple surrounded by rock. A powerful barrier protects the Map Device from any interference and keeps the settlers safe from any horrors that might step through the Witch's portals.

"I don't know what she does in there, but she always comes back out hauling something to put in those chests. Some of the others thinks she's mining for something in there, but I don't think you can mine for clothing."
- Icolis, Temple Guard.

"I wish we hadn't built our houses so close to the cave. The constant hum of the barrier wouldn't be a problem.... but the sounds we hear coming from inside could make the late Kraityn sane." - Xamel, Village Artisan

"Get up you fool, she will not rise again. What dies here stays dead — I make sure of it."
- The Witch

This man arrived in New Fellshrine with his lover after fleeing the ruined bandit camps. Upon seeing the power displayed by the Witch, they pledged their eternal loyalty to her. Unfortunately shortly after arriving at the settlement the two former bandits caught a sickness that had been spread around the camp. The man survived but the woman did not. Now the man spends his days weeping at the makeshift grave of his companion, praying that she would rise once more — Even if she became a monster.

"She's a witch, not a brute like Oak or a snake like Kraityn. What does it matter if the smithy is so far away from the village? She never uses it." - Ione, Wife of the Blacksmith

"That guy? He's an odd one. Never speaks to anyone and fishes all day. Really makes the others uncomfortable. But we let him stay because he keeps our pots full of fish. We were all really sick of eating bear." - Marwyn, Cauldron Master

"That wide-eyed mute can catch a dozen fish a day just up the path, but we can't catch anything! I swear, the smell of Marwyn's.... leavings must be scaring them away." -Abel, Camp Custodian & Fishing Enthusiast.

"Oh please Abel, you always leave the latrine smelling like the Fetid Pool. How do you turn boiled fish into something so foul?"
- Des, Village Wood Gatherer & Fishing Enthusiast.

Thanks for looking! If you want to see more you can find the full-sized screenshots at the link below:

http://imgur.com/gallery/hk3qb/new
IGN: PortiaDeRossi
Hello everyone !

Welcome to my Realm of imagination hideout !

☼ REALM OF IMAGINATION ☼

I started to build it in torment league and finished in standard i hope that you go to like my whim.

-full album of my hideout --> http://imgur.com/gallery/3x8Oe

** I chose this hideout specially for the lighting effects.
** I wanted so transformed the room which is a library on the base so that we cannot recognize it any more.

I hope that the visit pleased you and may the best man win even if he/she is going to be very hard to decide (good luck ggg ^^) do not hesitate to express your opinions and your questions well games to all peace.

PM IGN : BET_IV_STORM Torment league
PM IGN : Hornytch Standard league
THE LAKESIDE RETREAT

[Standard league]

The world of Wraeclast is full of destruction and chaos, also the decoration elements for a Hideout. to create some place spacious, neat, clean, relaxing, enjoyable is really a hard task. This is a real retreat that brings you real comfort in stead of the gore feeling which many others tried to create. An other side of Wraeclast.

Preview

Full view

http://i.imgur.com/LqU7NeR.png

http://i.imgur.com/vKS0P3Z.png

http://i.imgur.com/hy2OTZT.png

http://i.imgur.com/mYRHYlp.png

http://i.imgur.com/gBzuwR9.png

http://i.imgur.com/n264Qtj.png

http://i.imgur.com/eACktPl.png

http://i.imgur.com/MIiMWLm.png
Last edited by Ultimakami on Sep 10, 2015, 6:09:00 AM
"Forsaken Respite"

"We Rise From the Ashes of Our Enemies" - Souls of Satan

Character: Simulator
Guild: S0S
League: Standard

Upon entering the Forsaken Respite you stumble across a sacrificial altar, risen from the darkest depths of Wraeclast. This altar was summoned forth by the villagers while attempting to burn all the books referencing Malachai and his devoted followers. Once the altar had fully risen the villagers started disappearing and monsters started to appear. It took a brave young exile and his entourage to dispatch the monsters and save what was left of the village.

Moving North-West of the altar you exit the village walls to find yourself standing in the remains of the great castle that once stood here. In its place you find Malachai's head in a cage. The head is used to harness the power of the Voidgates. The Voidgates are used to reach as far away as Malachai once controlled.

Heading back into the walls of the village, we take a stroll around what is left of the village and we discover that some of Masters of the Arts have taken refuge here to offer their expertise to the brave exile. First off we meet Leo, Master of the Arena. Leo is the Master to talk to if you need to polish up on your fighting skills against other exiles. To the West of Leo is a secluded area for the exiles that have had unfortunate accidents within the Arena. Just South-East of that we run into Tora, Master of the Hunt. With her vast knowledge of plants and animals, as well as her extraordinary marksmanship when it comes to a bow, Tora is the Master of the art of Distance.

Will Continue Description when I find more time

Vagan

Catarina

Benches

Zana

░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░█░░█░█░░░░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀█░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀▀█░█▄░░█░
░█▄▄▄░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░█▄▄▄░░░░░█░░█░█▄▄▄░░░░░█▄▄▄░█▄▄█░░░█░░░█▄▄█░█░█░█░
░░░░█░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░░█░█░░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░░██░
░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░▀░░░▀░░░▀░░▀░▀░░░▀░
Last edited by S0S on Dec 25, 2017, 9:28:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account: