Sarn Statue Reborn?

"
Dan_GGG wrote:

Do you mean the one in the Caverns?

lol, yes i meant caverns. my brain messed something up. sry!

thx for the clarification and good to see at least this change was without intention.

now back to the statue.
do you mind giving us some info why the old broken statue was cleaned up and new "modern art" one was put in place? don't get me wrong, the statue itself is fine. it is just the placement that ... makes me wonder.

edit:

i just had a close look. the relief on the pedestal shows the map of wraeclast.

but there is one thing that's a bit strange.
are those "cat-ears" intended?
i also can't see whats that in the red marked area. might also just be an error.
Last edited by Ruefl2x on Sep 12, 2015, 10:17:28 AM
It's a Laurel Leaf Crown they're not Cat Ears.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
r.i.p bridge. Luckily our Lord KUDUKU after short period is still sitting and ruling wraeclast from his Hill.
Aye Aye Captain!
"
RootCookie wrote:
Interestingly vague.

I wonder who it is, Im too tired to think about all the symbolism.
Is that also a map of Wraeclast on the plaque or just a bunch of squiggles? Like I said, tired.

Can't tell but I'd bet it was a man who predated P.T. Barnum by many years. Why so? Because GGG promotes PoE as a hardcore arpg and it just ends up being a time sink grind-fest of an arpg where you are only concerned about the gear check required to survive death and thus all of us who play are the new suckers born every minute that GGG needs to buy mtx's. Yes, I am now a PoE cynic since the release of The Awakening. I am very sad that GGG has gone away from telling a compelling story and allow interesting builds just to focus' on making PoE an exhausting gring-fest for the elite power players.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
has to be the same guy who removed kudukus hill or the bridge in the submerged passage.

Do you mean the one in the Caverns?

Unlike some changes we've made, nobody intentionally removed that bridge.

The reason that it isn't in the current Caverns is that it only ever existed in the Caverns 1 area. The current Caverns is based on the old Caverns 2, and the old Caverns 1 no longer exists.

It was a genuine oversight, and we plan to add the bridge back at some point.

While the idea of adding pieces to area generation is on the table, I'd love to see increased variation not only in layout but also features (bridges, room shapes, unusual structures) throughout the game, especially in Act IV. It's something that has been improved upon over time, but I think there's definitely more to be done.
As for how increased variation affects racing, that's what fixed seed is for. :)
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
We wanted Game Balance, so GGG gave us a statue holding a balance.
Well played.
Balance is an illusion, exile.
Never noticed it before now.

That it was a broken statue there before it got a makeover.

I think the devs feels good about them every time someone points out stuff like this. Shows that some peeps acknowledge the little things.

Because I think not many players really notice stuff like this.
"
Marlexyz wrote:
Well played.

I don't think it's what you meant, but I'm fondly recalling all the times people asked our art team to fix desync instead of making MTX.

"
I think the devs feels good about them every time someone points out stuff like this. Shows that some peeps acknowledge the little things.

This is definitely true, or at least it is for me.

There's at least one Easter egg that I found while playing with my brother, and then realized I'd never seen any players mention it. It's likely something I only noticed because I have a behind-the-scenes idea of how things should work, but it was cool that I could point it out to him.

I like that there are always more things to discover.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
Marlexyz wrote:
Well played.

I don't think it's what you meant, but I'm fondly recalling all the times people asked our art team to fix desync instead of making MTX.

"

This is definitely true, or at least it is for me.

There's at least one Easter egg that I found while playing with my brother, and then realized I'd never seen any players mention it. It's likely something I only noticed because I have a behind-the-scenes idea of how things should work, but it was cool that I could point it out to him.

I like that there are always more things to discover.

This is where we ask for a hint... :)
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Heres your hint "some orbs are heavier than others".
"Blue warrior shot the food"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info