Penetration vs Curses

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
that is hardly surprising. the faster casting gem does not scale with your stats, it is just a flat chunk of cast speed , echo is a more multi which means it does scale.

if you have multiple sources of cast speed then echo just melts faster casting.

really the only time one should be using faster casting is if it is the only option available. such is the case with totems.

otherwise pen gems , added damage gems , echo and projectile gems / aoe gems are all one needs

?????????????

You don't read from the beginning or you do not know what is a PoH. I don't use Spell Echo because Pledge of Hands brings incorporated lvl 30 spell echo XD...
And no, I do not agree at all with the need to use Faster Proyectiles with incinerate. For me the 20% quality in Incinerate (40% increase proyectile speed) is enough.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Actkqk wrote:
"
Nasreth wrote:
umm not sure why cold to fire would improve your dps unless you're dealing a lot of cold damage.

do you have +cold to spells on a lot of your gear? and herald of ice?

Not sure what you're using but for incinerate I recommend:
Incinerate -> Lesser Multiple Projectiles -> Faster Projectiles -> Fire Penetration -> Empower -> Faster Casting

Personally I like LMP over GMP for incinerate because you generally get enough coverage with 3 projectiles and it lets you do more damage. But hey, up to you :]

No. My only source of Ice is HoI... The miraculous increase (nearly 1k in tooltip with GMP and a relatively low lvl Cold to Fire) is due to the use of Pledge of Hands and Faster Casting. With PoH and FC any "low" increase in dmg is converted to a "good" increase.

My actual configuration is Incinerate 18/20% -> Faster Casting 15/20% -> Fire Penetration 14/20% -> GMP 20/12% -> Iron Will 20/14% and the tooltip with HoI + Fire Golem says about 12.600. I know that Anger would give me more DMG than HoI but at the same time I run Clarity lvl 20 and Arctic Armour, so Anger would not let enough mana available to cast Incinerate fluently.

:)

Okay so besides HoI you don't have added cold damage? Cold to fire definitely isnt an optimal gem for you.

Do you know how penetration works in this game? It's a flat % increase of your damage.

So a monster with 50% fire resist will take 50% of the fire damage you deal. Level 20 fire penetration gives 37% fire pen which essentially means 37% of your fire dps.

So if you're dealing 10k fire dps, to a target with 50% fire resist, then it becomes 5k fire dps. If you have lv 20 fire penetration then you instead deal 8.7k fire dps to that target - a 3.7k increase. That's far more than cold to fire is going to give you, especially considering the 1k tooltip increase you're seeing is then reduced by enemy fire resistance.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info