Path of Exile is better than Torchlight...

I "borrowed" TL2, never played TL1.

I just never could get into it, maybe because when I played it I didn't know yet what the most fun way to pay an ARPG is (be as efficient as possible instead of just calmly going through the game clearing everything).

I really disliked the art style. Overall felt like a pretty shallow game compared to PoE.

I would more likely buy D3+expansion than T2.
"

Never said TL wasn't cartoonish either. But it has a style all its own. I can see a TL character and know it's from TL. Diablo 3? Could confuse that shit for any number of MMO character design.

Get over it.

We disagree but its cool. I really couldn't get into TL but i'm sure its a good game. I like D3 and style wise I just don't see how I could confuse it for any MMO. Just a matter of opinion though.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Yeah well

It's a proven fact that chocolate icecream is by far the best icecream and that apples and oranges are both fruit so should be judged on the same merits.

Psst,the most amazing fruit is the tomato.
"
"Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put tomato in a fruit salad."

^_^

Could explain the odd looks I was getting when we hosted last Christmas' family lunch.I don't think it would have been the rum I put in it.

=/
"
"Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put tomato in a fruit salad."

^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4_qNYzKXFE
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
Oh, those crazy Aussies.

Okay, nuff harmless derailing.

<3 you!
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

IMO, PoE, TL2 and D3 each have a distinctive style that I could recognize and separate from other similar-looking games.
Trying to compare PoE and TL2 is the old apples verses oranges comparison. Each has it's own merits and style that is appealing. Neither is "better" and its just a matter of personal preference. Same for D3:ROS or older arpgs.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Disagree. They're both good for their own reasons. I thought the player mods of TL1 added a hell of a lot of life to the game, and the dungeon map idea was beautifully executed.

PoE is much more about breadth of character customisation.

yeah , but ultimately this is a thread about weighing plus and minuses against each other to determine which game you liked better . saying they are both good , while a nice sentiment is actually not a real answer to the thread.

they are both good games. but which one did you like better?

for me it is actually not that difficult , poe destroyed UNMODDED torchlight.

but i think that has mostly to do with the art style. I hated torch light's art style.

for me art style in a game is absolutly crucial , especially in a game type like arpg. it need to fit thematically, and torchlight did not.

I never felt like a gritty badass trying to clean out some dark corruption, instead i felt like a silly larper or a cos-player who has to use simplified or cheaper looking versions of cool gear to clean up cartoonish monsters i would not even be afraid of at the age of 2. And since i never felt like a bad ass, the powerfantasy was never fulfilled for me.

TL2 had some cool skills. I like the ranged char "push" skill was very op.
Also the berserker with the skill you could teleport through enemies and gain life.
I had no interest in the maps at the end though.
The end boss I recall was very big, kinda like Oversoul on purple steroids.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info