Changes to Default Privacy Settings

Uhhh, now it says "This profile tab has been set to private". This is no longer true. The player did not set it to private. There should be a new message that says this tab has been defaulted to private not something that makes it sounds as though the player doesn't wish us to see their profile. Now that this is implemented - If I wanted to message someone to ask them to change their character tab to public because I wanted to view it, I have no way of knowing whether this person actually set themselves to private in which case I'm bothering and perhaps harassing them (based on their point of view) or if they just had it set to private and have no intentions of not sharing with the community and I'm doing them a solid by letting them know there could be others who wanna peep their characters.

All in all after seeing the implementation, I rate this a 2/10. It could have been implemented much better, seeing as this was something you guys felt was necessary to do.
Trying to stay alive in Hardcore.
It seems that a lot of people that wanna see someone's build or gear complain about how they can't see someone's build now because the private settings are now turned off. So here is what i propose lets say you see this player in game and you just wanna randomly look at there build or gear for what exactly? What would make you go oh that guy looks like he must have a good build just look at that gear with skins on it looks just bad azz.

Then some of you wanna see streamers gear/build if that is the case why not ask as to what build or gear they are using maybe open up convo to see there build/gear on the poe site,Doesn't seem all that difficult to me i think it just might be because you either don't wanna ask and be sneaky or you just too lazy to ask. This could even be applied to those in game as well there is no harm in asking now is there and if a person has hard time knowing how to change the privacy then walk them through it kindness goes a long way.

Then of course if you think that people were not scanning others stash space you are wrong, This didn't just happen to me it also happened to friends in game as well, With not even posting items for sale or not so tell me how exactly would someone know you have an item they try to buy super cheap?

You say 90% of people don't know about this privacy ok well i say that 90% of those people are probably running build that are all ready on poe site itself or they are using builds they found on youtube/twitch what ever have you. I would say more the ladder that people are using poe over the others.

"Guild Only" option would be nice (or by default)

Last edited by RabidMonk on Aug 31, 2015, 8:24:53 AM
"
RabidMonk wrote:

"Guild Only" option would be nice

yeah this is a fucking slap in the face of all guild leaders , removing the only resource left for guild leaders to have the slightest idea about who is active or not.

with the character tab hidden by default it pretty much killed the only way large guilds had to know who is active even tho it was a shitty way to do it , it was the only way and now its gone.

even Garena have a last login info for guild and friend list,

WTF GGG I guess you just don't give a fuck about people who invested hundreds of dollars in their guilds
Last edited by thefredz on Aug 31, 2015, 4:43:10 PM
"
thefredz wrote:
"
RabidMonk wrote:

"Guild Only" option would be nice

yeah this is a fucking slap in the face of all guild leaders , removing the only resource left for guild leaders to have the slightest idea about who is active or not.

with the character tab hidden by default it pretty much killed the only way large guilds had to know who is active even tho it was a shitty way to do it , it was the only way and now its gone.

even Garena have a last login info for guild and friend list,

WTF GGG I guess you just don't give a fuck about people who invested hundreds of dollars in their guilds

I am so sorry but i am so confused as to why you say this um someone in my guild asked me politely if i could turn off this feature i was glad to do so just by him asking, I then turned it back on because i don't need snoops going through my inv without my knowledge and i don't like people looking at my specific builds that i am trying out either because if they are successful i want that knowledge to come from me and only me.

So yes this option would probably solve some issues as to who to kick and stuff but in the end i like smaller tight nit groups any how so even if they added such a feature into the game it wouldn't effect me in the least.

On the other hand maybe this is something they are looking to implement in the next big update, Never know But in all seriousness i like this change because i don't like new players being taken advantage of. If something is Worth 10ex then it should be paid in 10ex if you get my meaning, Hopefully you do because you seems like a smart individual and you seem to want to take care of your guild mates so maybe you could see how having the privacy feature set to being off by default and players scamming new players would effect not only them but everyone in the long run.
Where do I change my privacy
"
b0red wrote:
Where do I change my privacy

If you go to your account page https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/b0red then look to the left side where it has recent forum posts and other options. There should be one that says privacy settings. This has the options you are looking for.
Trying to stay alive in Hardcore.
Bora jogar saporra =D
Last edited by Skabara on Mar 27, 2016, 8:36:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info