Further EA nerfs

"
Explosive Arrow's damage has been reduced in PvP. Its attack time override is now 200ms (from 400ms)

You do it wrong. AGAIN.

This skill was designed to make burst damage via 5-stacking arrows in the target. Now its made just for walls spam. EVERYONE DISLIKE WALLSPAM. Why are you nerf skill in that way?

Spoiler
First I wanted to make thread "don't mess with T constant, just remove overlapped explosion effect" but it seems to me no one would listen. AGAIN.
Last edited by EFBBBF on Aug 18, 2015, 8:01:06 PM
This might be a noob question, but, what does attack override time even mean? Never heard about this mechanic. I only know ea has a fuse duration..
There is PvP damage reduction formula, for elemental damage it looks like
  de(d, t) = ((d / t) / 290) ^ .58 * 290 * t
where d - initial hit damage, t - attack time

Lets say attack deal 1k ele. dmg per hit and hits 3 times per sec:
  ((1000 / 0.33) / 290) ^ .58 * 290 * 0.33 = 373 pvp dmg per hit

Same attack hits 4 times per sec:
  ((1000 / 0.25) / 290) ^ .58 * 290 * 0.25 = 332 pvp dmg per hit

For skills that doesn't hit like RF or PA or Viper strike DoT t was set to constant value like 15, 25 etc. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Player_versus_player

For skill effect that mechanically has no attack time like 5-arrows EA stack T initially was set to 1.

for 25k pve EA dmg 5-stack:
  ((25000 / 1) / 290) ^ .58 * 290 * 1 = 3846 pvp dmg (pure dmg, before resistance calculation)

But there is interaction between EA and obstacles - arrows can stuck in the wall w/o fuse timer refreshing - this cause rapidly explosions at EA attack speed frequency

With high attack speed bow avg EA attack speed was around 7 aps. for 5k fuse dmg:
  ((5000 / 0.14) / 290) ^ .58 * 290 * 0.14 = 662 pvp dmg per fuse explosion

but if T is set to 1:
  ((5000 / 1) / 290) ^ .58 * 290 * 1 = 1512 pvp dmg

So, they reduced T value to 0.4 first, and to 0.2 now. but it's not the solution, overlapped EA explosion still able to hit same target multiple times per attack - there is no problem to make 10 or even 12 aps EA build, with max AoE and 7 projectiles that able to hit opponent over 70 times per sec.

Basically, they fucked up 5-stack dmg w/o fixing anything.

Last edited by EFBBBF on Aug 18, 2015, 10:07:35 PM
EA deals around 25% less damage now. The wall spam is still there but at least now EA wont beat most builds by just facetanking and attacking the target with a single arrow.

I still feel this was the better way to nerf it if you compare it to other solutions. For an example being able to block/dodge the explosion would have totally destroyed EA. Now it still works at least.
"
EFBBBF wrote:
"
Explosive Arrow's damage has been reduced in PvP. Its attack time override is now 200ms (from 400ms)

You do it wrong. AGAIN.

This skill was designed to make burst damage via 5-stacking arrows in the target. Now its made just for walls spam. EVERYONE DISLIKE WALLSPAM. Why are you nerf skill in that way?

Exactly, +100 One more time i see how stuped ar GGG PVP"Advisors"
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
This was the best approach to balancing it here's why.

Its mechanically still the same skill, that's huge.

It will still be very good on actual ea builds.

Arenas still favor such a skill because mechanically it wasn't changed.

It does 25% less damage everywhere from the wall to being stuck on you. Meaning those times you're smart enough or able enough to avoid direct wall explosions, stray arrows and explosions won't break you so badly. Survivabilty versus it is up across the board without making the skill crap. You can still get damage off player stuck shots but the way it works is you're supposed to be getting damage everywhere, every time you fire the area near your opponent is exploding equalling damage. As the defender, you don't have to go near walls, if anything by now ppl should have ways to get ea users away from them.

So basically if you use ea right, use aoe and the arena plus combinations of player stuck shots and surrounding walls you'll be fine.

As the defender you're now in a more honest match up. How can anyone think this was the wrong way to balance it. Like lapiz said if you could block it, it'd be trash. If explosions didn't stack it'd be mega trash. I'd be happy it kept its mechanics and only took a damage Nerf if I was you. At least you can rethink your build a bit and your playstyle to compensate. Where it could of been a dead skill.

Did everyone forget ea was buffed in 2.0 by like 1 whole gem level plus slower proj rework? LMP/gmp reworks, jewels, penetration buffs.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Aug 19, 2015, 1:05:12 PM
Everyone complained about wallspam mechanic, ggg nerf 5-stack w/o actual reducing wallspam dmg, and you're saying it 'ok'. W T F.

Something wrong with this community, deeply wrong.
Last edited by EFBBBF on Aug 19, 2015, 12:28:04 PM
Dont worry , he will be the 1st one who after Mies new 2.0.2 respec new EA come here and cry how stuped this nerf is :))
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
Seriously?

EA's damage was the problem? Have you ever seen someone that complainin EA's damage?
The problem with EA is that wall spam. Everybody knows, everybody says.

You can block Lightning Strike in this game, You can Block damn Discharge which is a electricity / fire / cold burst, You can block ice crash which is a ground attack but hey!

You cant block EA wall explosion.

because f*ck you, thats why.

Get maximum movespeed + spam walls like a autistic child with max AoE,

voila! you are top 10 pvp in EU / US. If you have good gear, you are top 3.

you are in trouble? No worries, attack ice shot linked with curse on hit + 20/23 TC + lvl 4 enhance. Your opponent will be permastunned.

Thats totally autistic, EA players finds a wall, and spamms fuses to wall like a austistic child with autistic attitude, you try to approach and die because of 20 fuse explosions per second.

EA's damage is not the problem. the autistic gameplay of EA due to wallspamming mechanic is problem.

EA base damage for pvp should be increased but wall spam should be blockable. Thats my solution.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
So...what happens to the ppl that can't block?

GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info