[2.1 HC] Guide for Tri-Ele EE MoM/EB Crit Trapper

Really nice build. I'm trying this right now in Temp :D I have questions though. What do you think about instead of 5 link your cold snap instead we 5 link fire trap with fire pen incr burning conc effect and increase AOE? With high crit the initial explosion of fire trap will ignite and it stacks with the burning ground creating double dip burning effect. I think it'll help both in AOE clearing and in single targets. For cold snap trap just leave it in the Deerstalker boots.
"
hiepgaquay wrote:
Really nice build. I'm trying this right now in Temp :D I have questions though. What do you think about instead of 5 link your cold snap instead we 5 link fire trap with fire pen incr burning conc effect and increase AOE? With high crit the initial explosion of fire trap will ignite and it stacks with the burning ground creating double dip burning effect. I think it'll help both in AOE clearing and in single targets. For cold snap trap just leave it in the Deerstalker boots.

Thats a good idea. I really wanted to get all 3 traps some love, but focusing on fire traps like that is probably the best option.
Nice build, I wanna try it in the flash league that start today, but I have a question, your IIQ / IIR in this build is very low, no?

I have a question in the passive tree there is two trap and mine damage nodes that privde 9% damage that there is'nt leveled up, why?
Last edited by Geonomo on Oct 2, 2015, 10:50:26 AM
"
Geonomo wrote:
Nice build, I wanna try it in the flash league that start today, but I have a question, your IIQ / IIR in this build is very low, no?

I have a question in the passive tree there is two trap and mine damage nodes that privde 9% damage that there is'nt leveled up, why?

IIQ/IIR just depends on what gear you find. It will be kind of hard to get some on this build because of the number of uniques.

I didn't get those nodes just to save points.
Hey, returnee here - haven't played for a while but back in the days I used to play a tri ele trapper (notably Arkon's: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/588949) and I am now looking to find viable 2.0+ builds for my shadow that has all the old gear+setups for the tri ele trapper.

So I noticed this build of yours and since it seems to be coming from the same general direction I hope you can maybe (if you got the time to spare!) enlighten me about today's trappers! :D

-I see Lightning Trap instead of Shock Nova+Trap (simply because of the dmg buff you mentioned?)

-No more Reduced Duration gems linked with the traps? Sunblast Belt + reduced duration doesn't work anymore to make traps trigger instantly?

-so many different things were still being used back when I last played (like grace and clarity :x) maybe you can give me a quick update regarding the shadow trapper

Again I'm sure some of my questions are rather stupid or ignorant of recent patches but it's been so long and I'm a little confused :P Don't want to force it all on you now though, so if it's too much to go over just tell me to gather information myself! Thanks for your time :)
"
I see Lightning Trap instead of Shock Nova+Trap (simply because of the dmg buff you mentioned?)

I personally like lightning trap as a skill. In 2.0 it was buffed to double damage. Shock nova traps don't work as well because of the changes to reduced duration. They won't proc instantly. Also, lightning trap cooldown is very short, so more spammable.

"
No more Reduced Duration gems linked with the traps? Sunblast Belt + reduced duration doesn't work anymore to make traps trigger instantly?

I've never used Reduced duration on traps. Its a gem slot you could use for more damage multipliers.

"
so many different things were still being used back when I last played (like grace and clarity :x) maybe you can give me a quick update regarding the shadow trapper

You can't run as many auras anymore. Discipline + Mind over matter makes up for the lost defense of grace (new combo is much better imo). Since Eldritch Battery puts ES over your mana, clarity is useless. Instead, with Zealot's Oath + life regen becomes your new mana regen.

On a side note, I hear there are better trap nodes. I'm not sure if I'll play this upcoming league, but it would be great if someone gives an ele trapper build a shot. I'd be interested in seeing other people's trees and setups.
Last edited by someonenum2 on Dec 18, 2015, 11:59:46 PM
2.1?
"
supaphil wrote:
2.1?

Sorry taking a break this league (first 4 month I've missed ever).

Here's a quick replicated tree for 2.1:
2.1 Tree

I might play briefly later in the league, we'll see.
"
someonenum2 wrote:
"
supaphil wrote:
2.1?

Sorry taking a break this league (first 4 month I've missed ever).

Here's a quick replicated tree for 2.1:
2.1 Tree

I might play briefly later in the league, we'll see.

Made some notes about 2.1 at the top the build guide just from raw numbers. Also added a quick video with the same gear in Hardcore league. Overall, damage feels a lot better. No complaints on anything else. EB + Zealot's Oath + Life regen still doing wonders for mana.
Last edited by someonenum2 on Dec 19, 2015, 6:06:37 AM
Hey like 2 months ago I've been playing like trapper but I couldn't reach atziri, can you kill atziri / uber atziri with traps is it viable?! The only thing that I don't like is to use EB in HC is more dangerous..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info