PoE's performance is poor for a lot of people

PoE performance since 2.0 has got much worse since the Tempest league I prefer to play in is so intensive with ground effects and swirling particles. I have an i5 3450 @3.1 and an AMD 7790 and 8gigs of ddr3 and a 250gig SSD. The average mid-tier map in Tempest with a ground effect and everything else makes my fps drop to 30-40.
I don't get it. From a dev standpoint, if you know your engine is a piece of shit why do you keep adding effects that destroys FPS? Just get rid of ground effects, nobody likes that.
"
i8037 wrote:
I don't get it. From a dev standpoint, if you know your engine is a piece of shit why do you keep adding effects that destroys FPS? Just get rid of ground effects, nobody likes that.

This..
"
proz9c wrote:
"
i8037 wrote:

This..

Isn't true for everybody....Though if they wanted to improve ground effects, they would make it so they need to constantly be refreshed. The chilled ground showing the snow/ice glistening constantly is unnecessary.
i have a gtx 970, i7 5930k, 16gb ram and when playing a fracture map even my frame rate drops stupidly...
It would be interesting to see how many people would prefer them to fix the engine first over adding new content. I imagine it would be a good amount of people.
"
DumpsterDiver wrote:
It would be interesting to see how many people would prefer them to fix the engine first over adding new content. I imagine it would be a good amount of people.

It does not matter anymore though. They already proved how little they care about optimization on our PCs when they told us they were not going to give us a option to disable rain because it could impact how the game is viewed when streamed. During beta there was a program that let us scale down the particle effects and they remade the entire exe (client.exe being changed to pathofexile.exe) for the sole purpose of disabling that program (leading to another version being made, but still). That they went out of their way to disable a particle effect reducing program, but refused to budge on something like letting us disable rain should tell you their stance on this whole issue.

They told us in beta that it would take two years to remake the game in a new engine... now after all these updates it would take what? 3 years? 4 years? That is a LOT of work for something they've proven isn't a priority at all (considering all the fps killers they've added to the game).

They still don't even care enough about how it runs on non-streamer PCs to let us disable rain effects or scale down particle effects (both of which not only existed in 3rd party form, but were disabled by ggg intentionally). Would anyone actually believe they care enough to remake the entire game or actually put serious effort into making it run better? And I mean more then stuff like the recent discharge change....

The horse is long dead and we should probably stop digging it up for more beatings.
Last edited by Jiero on Aug 23, 2015, 8:02:16 PM
"
Jiero wrote:
"
DumpsterDiver wrote:

It does not matter anymore though. They already proved how little they care about optimization on our PCs when they told us they were not going to give us a option to disable rain because it could impact how the game is viewed when streamed. During beta there was a program that let us scale down the particle effects and they remade the entire exe (client.exe being changed to pathofexile.exe) for the sole purpose of disabling that program (leading to another version being made, but still). That they went out of their way to disable a particle effect reducing program, but refused to budge on something like letting us disable rain should tell you their stance on this whole issue.

They told us in beta that it would take two years to remake the game in a new engine... now after all these updates it would take what? 3 years? 4 years? That is a LOT of work for something they've proven isn't a priority at all (considering all the fps killers they've added to the game).

They still don't even care enough about how it runs on non-streamer PCs to let us disable rain effects or scale down particle effects (both of which not only existed in 3rd party form, but were disabled by ggg intentionally). Would anyone actually believe they care enough to remake the entire game or actually put serious effort into making it run better? And I mean more then stuff like the recent discharge change....

The horse is long dead and we should probably stop digging it up for more beatings.
Hmm, i was around for open beta but wasn't really aware any of these conversations took place. This kind of reminds me of the whole desync thing, and how they seemed to be unmovable about fixing it for a long while. in the end We finally did get that big desync fix, so im holding out hope for some fixes to do with optimization. Maybe there is something they can do without redoing the whole engine? i have no idea.. i know nothing about coding... lol. ill just continue to hope even though it seems unlikely.
There's more proof about it with how they even disabled picking "Low" on graphics setting at all without going through some hoops and poking through the games files.

End-Game seems to still be very gated. You have to buy an SSD to even make the game less frustrating.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
You have to buy an SSD to even make the game less frustrating.

I guess you aren't rooting for the usb 3.0 :(
<3 Free Tibet <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info