[2.0] Seeker of Anarchy ! 42K+ dps | 4.3K Life/980 ES | 78% Block for Atks, 76% Block for Spells !

THE SEEKER OF ANARCHY v2.0

[NEW !] Videos of Atziri run added !

I) Introduction

Hi everybody,

Let me show you now my 3rd marauder build. Most of the time, i like to see how people are creating a build i can think interesting to recreate, feel inspired, and then, adapt it for myself. But this time, i have created all of this on my own.

This build is really close of a BoR Soul Aegis build, excepted the fact we are not resplenishing ES but LIFE INSTANTLY !

To have a little idea, i've made this video, i was waiting in a quiet place...
https://youtu.be/oAf4FHNH1P0

I explain : i regen 146 life instantly each time i block 1 monster, and this is what happens when i block 1 time.

Concretely, i regen 42 life instantly with The Anvil amulet each time i block + 52 life instantly FOR EACH MONSTER I HIT ON COUNTER-ATTACK WHEN I BLOCK & FOR EACH COUNTER-ATTACK SKILL THAT TRIGGERS. Those counter-attack skills deals AoE dmg, STRIKING MULTIPLE TARGETS. Now, imagine the process when you are blocking all the incoming attacks !

The idea is the same as Aegis builds : We seek for anarchy and terrible situations, the more critical and desperate the situation can be, the more we fight monsters at the same time, and the more we are powerfull.
And yes, it's possible to get also 78 Block chance for attacks + 76 block chance for spells. And all of this WITHOUT AEGIS AURORA OR STONE OF LAZHWAR :)
I hope you'll appreciate it !

II) Let's talk about numbers
Spoiler

Attack :

-42000 dps from IceCrash (with Blood rage + 4 Frenzy charges !)

Defense :
The defense system is completely sick :

-4300 Life
-345 life regen/sec
-0.2% life leech + 1.2% with blood rage.
-We resplenish 146 life when we block !
-We gain 42 life & 22 mana from amulet each time we block, and we block everytime !
-Riposte and Reckoning gems are triggered each time we block, dealing free and extra melee damages to close monsters, and granting us 52 life gained on hit (x2, for each counter-attack skill) for each monster hit.
-980 ES
-40% estimated physical dmg reduction from armour rating (52% with endurance charges !)
-11% reduced physical & fire dmg taken with Arctic armour
-78% chance to block attacks (Max block possible in the game !)
-76% chance to block spells
-10% chances to blind monsters with Bringer of Rain, reducing their chance to hit us
-10% chances to gain a endurance charge on block with Bringer of Rain
-[New !]The character now cannot be stunned with Unwavering Stance !
-Full Resistances
>75 on fire
>75 on cold
>75 on lightning
>75 on chaos
-Reaching 100+ all res makes the char immune to elemental weakness => Not anymore, but i'm really close. With a better belt, i could became immune again :)
-Fortify that triggers when the character hits (which reduces incoming damages from hits by 20%)
-Enfeeble on cast when damage taken gem : it will automaticaly triggers a curse that reduce monsters damage, critical strike chance, critical strike multiplicater and accuracy.
-Tempest shield on cast when damage taken : Grant us 3% block chance (that's what makes the build go until 73% block) and deal lightning chaining damages to monsters when we block.

III) The gear needed
Spoiler

-The Bringer of Rain, a nightmare bascinet => 2nd legacy prefered because of the 15% block chances, can be found for 3/4ex i think
-The Anvil, an amber amulet => Even if we loose attack and movement speed, this item is really insane. Can be found easily for a couple of chaos, from 3 to 10 chaos maybe. It grants us +8% chances to block, it gives us also armour, life & mana from block, it also extend our maximum block chance, from 75 to 78 ! And as if it was not enough, we reflect 240-300 physical damages each time we block !
NOTE : I'm using a non-legacy The Anvil. With Legacy Anvil, you'll gain +2% chance to block. 1ex maybe for legacy Anvil, probably less, don't really know.
-Rathpith Globe, a titanium spirit shield : Can be found usually from 15 to 30 chaos, or 1ex for the best rolls. We need the 60% spell block chances if possible.
-Rainbowstrides, boots => with 25% chances to block spells required. From 20c to 1ex maybe.

If you're searching for a good weapon for cheap, the best choice is Doryani's Catalyst, it's really nice.

And if you want something even better but more expensive, search for Soul Taker. It's just reaaaaaally strong.

If you're not reaching max block, and you're obsessed with max block, Rumi's Concoction is really nice.

The rest of the equipement is based on life and resistances. You can choose equipement with armor or evasion, it doesn't matter, since from the tree all the evasion is converted into armor. ES is welcome too in equipement.

IV) The gems
Spoiler

The main attack :

The main attack and the only one we will use is Icecrash, for AoE dps and for physical + Cold combinasion of damage.

The build is immune to all kind of reflect.

No real need for far attacks, since the build can easily facetank most of the bosses.
But keep in mind that if a dominus punch, a vaal oversoul slam, or a double flameblast from the Atziri queen is incoming, the best option for you is to escape, run away from it. There is always a chance to become one shotted by devastating blows.

So the gem combo i use is pretty simple, since The Bringer of Rain is doing all the hard work, by giving us Melee physical dmg + Faster attacks and blind, so we can reach 7L.

The 4 remaining gems are Icecrash + Concentrated Effect + Added fire damage + Weapon Elemental Damage.

The auras :

We will use 3 auras for this build :
-Hatred => Grants us like 40% of our damages as extra physical dmg as cold.
-Herald of Ashes => Grants us 15% of our damages as extra fire dmg. It also ignite every nearby monster for 140% of overkill damage when we slain a monster.
-Arctic Armour => Grants us extra protection, reducing physical dmg and fire dmg by 10%, with chance to chill ennemis when the hit us or when they walk in the chilled ground we leave when we move.

The escape solution :

Just simply use Leap Slam + Faster Attacks together, but i highly recommend to add fortify support with, to gain 20% reduced dmg at the same time or add Life gain on hit for extra instant life regen. This way you can easily escape flameblast, lightning call, dominus death punch, etc... and stay always more tanky against other attacks.

The triggered gems :

-Cast when damage taken + Enfeeble + Tempest shield + Blood rage.
This combo means reduced damages taken + extra block chance when hit by monsters + and free frenzy charges each time we kill + 1.2 extra life leech.

EDIT : I'm now using blood rage again. The boost of attack speed and the extra mana leech is really nice, and since the ES is most of the time already gone when blood rage triggers, i have decided to bring it back in the build !

-Riposte + Reckoning, triggered when we block. Those AoE counter-attacks give us extra dps and those gems are linked with a "life gained on hit" support gem, which makes 52 life gained at lvl19/Q20. I have also linked those with added cold dmg, but i should link it with life leech support i think.

V) The gear i use
Spoiler

Always trying the get the best gear as possible, my goal is to have an extreme version with 75% chaos resistance, but if you want to do this build easily, you should avoid to search for the chaos res. Trying to reach 75 in chaos resistance is hard, but if you like challenge, try it !

Thing to know : Belly of the beast chest is for cosmetic purpose only, it cannot be used with BoR, but it can be displayed on your character if you use it. Also, if you put gems on the chest, those will get experience from the monsters you kill.

Flasks :

Previous improvements :

-An anvil close to perfect, with a 3% additionnal block chance for spells corruption !
-60% spell block chance with 4% additionnal block chance for spells corruption !
-High roll 1rst legacy The Bringer of Rain, with the 200+ life amount, and the nice dmg boost with Faster attack lvl 18 !

New improvements :

-I have now a Non-Legacy Soul taker that replace Doryani's Scepter, increasing attack speed, giving infinite mana for attacks, extra cold resist, chance to chill monsters while attacking, and making the char able to have triple auras (+ Arctic Armour) !

Future improvements :

-I guess i have to find a better belt now.

VI) The passive skill tree

VII) Screenshots
Spoiler

Attack :

Defense :

VIII) Videos
Spoiler

Double Vaal Oversoul :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3T8uXEfD7k

The Trio :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8NUYAP1Ye0

The Queen :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuXQABWNSuM

Double Dominus fight in Residence, while affected by Elemental Weakness, so not at full resists :

https://youtu.be/K_eBdeF6bqQ

This build is really original and also amazingly tanky, at the same insane level as a BoR Soul Aegis.
The idea is the same, but this build use really cheap items to pretend for immortality ! The most expensive item needed here is the Bringer of Rain. After that, every other piece cost 1ex or less.

If you want to check my other builds :

BoR Soul Aegis
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1380675
Bringer of Entropy
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1368652

Last edited by M4X1MU5_300 on Sep 21, 2015, 4:26:18 PM
Enjoy reading your BoR builds. Huge fan of tanky characters as well, and have been trying to do something with a legacy BoR for some time now. And this seems to be the right place to discuss build ideas as I have most of the gear needed.

My own changes would be to get Rampart, Splitting Strikes and Hematophagy -- that's extra defense and life leech covered (and I'm also interested to see the new leech mechanics in play).

I'd use a Soul Taker so that I can run arctic armor in addition to hatred and herald of ash. With legacy BoR and Anvil, I'd have 73% block without Tempest Shield. The last 2% would come from jewels with an eye for the ES on gain mod to get some mini-Aegis action going.

I'd drop Blood Rage because, like you alluded to, the ES is probably a crucial extra layer of defense in higher maps. With the glove slot freed from TS and BR, I'd put in there Reckoning + Curse on Hit + Enfeeble + Life Gain on Hit. The boots slot then contains Riposte + Hypothermia (nice synergy with ST) + Life Gain on Hit + Life Leech.

(Question: I thought trigger skills can't use the same support gems?)

I've been meaning to try Static Strike, going with Multistrike + Increased Area of Effect + Concentrated Effect (since we got all that intellect, why not? :D) and Fortify goes with Leap Slam and Faster Attacks.
Last edited by Quixote77 on Aug 12, 2015, 9:10:34 PM
I was playing a block build and i have to say that there is no specific set-up that works best than others!

There are some fights that its better having an aegis Aurora other fights that you need a Rise of the Phoenix ,Rathpith or a Lioneyes Remorse!

There are fights you need phys dmg reduction and fights that u need chaos resistance so in my view an all around block build can do fine and be tanky but the player must realise what auras shield amulet or skill must be used in each specific end game boss!

I liked the 78-75 block but its too tanky for casual maps!Same with Gelligs end game tank build the guy is too tanky but the use of a mirrored 500pdps sword allows him too be that tanky and not spend points for dps but with an average set up it all turns down to the specific situation the player faces. :)

Thats my view guys

Mega tank build!
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Interesting take on this. mmmm but you are equiping items with +% on spell block which are corrupted and extremely difficult to get.

You would have actually 70% ish of block applied to spells without that and that applied to the 78% block would be 50%ish spellblock.

I'm gonna try the anvil+rathpith instead of sentari+lazwar. I'll lose some spellblock. or maybe I can go rathpith+lazwar and find better boots mmmm.
*COUGH COUGH*!
Last edited by Garompa on Aug 13, 2015, 3:31:48 PM
Updated Build. Better dps now, improved gear, new screenshots added, some modifications in stats & gems setup.

"
Enjoy reading your BoR builds. Huge fan of tanky characters as well, and have been trying to do something with a legacy BoR for some time now. And this seems to be the right place to discuss build ideas as I have most of the gear needed.

My own changes would be to get Rampart, Splitting Strikes and Hematophagy -- that's extra defense and life leech covered (and I'm also interested to see the new leech mechanics in play).

I'd use a Soul Taker so that I can run arctic armor in addition to hatred and herald of ash. With legacy BoR and Anvil, I'd have 73% block without Tempest Shield. The last 2% would come from jewels with an eye for the ES on gain mod to get some mini-Aegis action going.

I'd drop Blood Rage because, like you alluded to, the ES is probably a crucial extra layer of defense in higher maps. With the glove slot freed from TS and BR, I'd put in there Reckoning + Curse on Hit + Enfeeble + Life Gain on Hit. The boots slot then contains Riposte + Hypothermia (nice synergy with ST) + Life Gain on Hit + Life Leech.

(Question: I thought trigger skills can't use the same support gems?)

I've been meaning to try Static Strike, going with Multistrike + Increased Area of Effect + Concentrated Effect (since we got all that intellect, why not? :D) and Fortify goes with Leap Slam and Faster Attacks.

Thanks for your feedbacks.

I have less life leech now, only 0.4% and try to focus and it in tree is too annoying to get. Since it's not essential for survival in this build, i've prefered to avoid it in tree. If i need more life leech, i prefer use Atziri's Promise flask and the 2% extra life leech, since i don't need Rumi's Concoction.

Yeah, soul taker is definitely the best weapon choice here, the fact it allows us to have arctic armor is great. Also, often with the very high block chance, i block just enough time to make ES able to recover even if nearby monsters are still attacking the character.

With what you've said for blood rage, i've finally decided to avoid it, because i have to admit it, all of this ES is just so nice, and can facetank huge and devastating blows sometimes, it's like extra ghost life. Also, with those riposte & reckoning gems, i would add life leech or reckoning, but the fact is i have 2 red and 2 green on my boots, and i don't want to change the colors, since i have already 4off colors on it xD

And to respond to your question, trigger skill can use the same support gems :)

NOTE : You've bring me the idea of the fortify with leap slam, and i really like that, really nice.

"
I was playing a block build and i have to say that there is no specific set-up that works best than others!

There are some fights that its better having an aegis Aurora other fights that you need a Rise of the Phoenix ,Rathpith or a Lioneyes Remorse!

There are fights you need phys dmg reduction and fights that u need chaos resistance so in my view an all around block build can do fine and be tanky but the player must realise what auras shield amulet or skill must be used in each specific end game boss!

I liked the 78-75 block but its too tanky for casual maps!Same with Gelligs end game tank build the guy is too tanky but the use of a mirrored 500pdps sword allows him too be that tanky and not spend points for dps but with an average set up it all turns down to the specific situation the player faces. :)

Thats my view guys

Off course, i'm just bringing here builds idea around the bringer of Rain and block chance mechanics :)

"
Mega tank build!

Thanks mate :)

"
Interesting take on this. mmmm but you are equiping items with +% on spell block which are corrupted and extremely difficult to get.

You would have actually 70% ish of block applied to spells without that and that applied to the 78% block would be 50%ish spellblock.

I'm gonna try the anvil+rathpith instead of sentari+lazwar. I'll lose some spellblock. or maybe I can go rathpith+lazwar and find better boots mmmm.

I know i have some items that can be hard to get, but i know the build works already with 70%+ 50%+ block chance for attacks and spells as well, because when i have started to create it, i was not at max potential, and it was already nicely working ! :)
New video added => Abaxoth fight !
Hi!

I am also a lover of tank builds and find this one interesting and unique. However, if we put aside the price comparison for the moment, how can this compete with the usual Aegis + BoR + Soul + Stone + Rainbowstride build? Here you regen 40 life per block, perhaps, but on my aegis build I regen 600 ES per block.

Perhaps I am missing something and you can fill me out on the pros and cons of each. The only upside of this that I see is slightly more block.

Anyway, nice, original build :D
Last edited by Assassin2000 on Aug 14, 2015, 10:21:53 AM
"
Hi!

I am also a lover of tank builds and find this one interesting and unique. However, if we put aside the price comparison for the moment, how can this compete with the usual Aegis + BoR + Soul + Stone + Rainbowstride build? Here you regen 40 life per block, perhaps, but on my aegis build I regen 600 ES per block.

Perhaps I am missing something and you can fill me out on the pros and cons of each. The only upside of this that I see is slightly more block.

Anyway, nice, original build :D

I'm not pretending this build is better than another build, Aegis aurora is extremely strong, i just wanted to find like you've said an original build that could be as effective as an Aegis Aurora !

But let me just explain something : the differences exactly ? First, i'm not regenereting 40 Life per block. It's way more than this. Because already, just Anvil itself make me regen 42 life per block. Then, i regen 52 LIFE FOR EACH MONSTERS I HIT and this is JUST FOR ONE BLOCK with the counter attacks AREA OF EFFECT SKILLS. Maybe i should insist more on this point on the build presentation.

In the wiki, it says about life gained on hit :
"
The life gain is applied for every hit, not every attack - an arrow that pierces three enemies will cause the attacker to gain life for each of the three enemies that is hit.

So i guess you can imagine easily how many life i gain when an army of monsters is all around me :)

So in fact, the more monsters i hit, the more life i gain instantly. Also, when you regen 600ES on block into a 700 to 1000ES pool max with Aegis Aurora, with my build, the instant regen process is applied to my entire life pool, which is about 4500HP.

I can add also that i have life regen/sec, when your ES has not. And your ES is easily affected by degen drawbacks also, like burning ground, like blood rage, when i'm not with life.

And like you said, i have more block chances than an aegis, and the build can be made for cheaper.
I should also add i'm not using a legacy Anvil, which grants extra +2% block chance.
Last edited by M4X1MU5_300 on Aug 16, 2015, 8:23:06 AM
Comparing counter attacks isn't really fair, since Aegis can do that as well.

I do understand how LGOH works but it can be done with Aegis as well as a sort of secondary defence.

Maybe you could try and differentiate the build from aegis even more by focusing on life regen and leech?

Once again, it is a very interesting build.

We seem to share very similar taste in builds, since I have also been preaching the strengths of WOE BOR and Soul BOR Aegis and have both of those builds myself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info