[2.0] BoR Soul Aegis ! 35k dps+ | 4K life+ | 73% Block for Attacks & 55% for Spells !

BOR SOUL AEGIS v2.0

[New !] Atziri run added.

This build is dedicated to my teammate LDantonL. If you want to discover awesome builds, like Kaom's Pledge, take a look here :
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346671

I) Introduction

Hi everybody,

This is the second build i post on the forum, and this time, i want to show you my release of the very famous BoR (The Bringer of Rain) Soul (Soul Taker) Aegis (Aegis Aurora) build.
I'm currently at lvl 88.
The goal is simple : find the most block chance as possible from the tree and the gear to stop attacks and also resplenish a part of our energy shield at the same time, which can make us virtually unable to die !

The build is extremely safe : the hardest is the situation, the more monsters and projectiles are attacking you, and the stronger you are. It was the first build that allows me to kill atziri and farm her. This is why i want to share it with you now.

II) Let's talk about numbers !

Spoiler

Here again, this build use a big defense system to be sure to resist even in the most terrible situations. Here's my stats :

Attack :

Static Strike : 35k dps aoe ! And it's the only attack we need !!!
No need for mana leech or mana flasks, since the unique Soul Taker grants us infinite mana for attacks. Even with 0 mana remaining, we can attack with no restrictions at all.

Thing to know : I'm no more using Blood rage on this build anymore, since the degen is purely physical now, it makes the shield always going down, and this is not what we want.

Defense :

The build has a really EPIC defensive protection
-4000Hp (And i'm using mings heart, that reduces my maximum life, no need for you !)
-270 life regen/sec
-0.77% of life leech, + extra life leech from flasks
-730ES (Same here, you can have more : ming's is reducing also my max ES, so not required !)
-8000 Armour, 45% reduced physical damages => All our evasion is converted into armour, to make us sure that we are taking all the incoming attacks and projectiles that will "feed" our energy shield with Aegis !
-Resplenish 4% of ES as armor when i block with Aegis Aurora. ES recovered on block : 326
-73% block chance against attacks (I'm actually using a +1 to max resists stone of lazhwar. If you can use a corrupted stone with at least 2% block chance, you will reach max block !)
-55% block chance against spells (Same, can become higher with a corrupted stone !)
-Riposte and Reckoning gems are triggered each time we block, dealing free and extra melee damages to close monsters, granting us also free extra life recovery.
-We can chill the monsters we hit with our physical damages, making them slower.
-Reinforced Resistances :
>77 on fire
>81 on cold (Aegis aurora is also giving us +5% to maximum cold resistance, INSANE)
>76 on lightning
>76 on chaos
-10% chances to get an endurance charge on block from Bringer of Rain
-10% chances to blind monsters with Bringer of Rain, reducing their chance to hit us
-Triple auras on mana with enlighten gem : hatred, herald of ashes and arctic armour. This last one will reduce 10% of physical damages, and 9% of fire damage (the gem is only lvl 7 atm)
-Enfeeble on cast when damage taken gem : it will automaticaly triggers a curse that reduce monsters damage, critical strike chance, critical strike multiplicater and accuracy.
-Tempest shield on cast when damage taken : Grant us 3% block chance (that's what makes the build go until 73% block) and deal lightning chaining damages to monsters when we block.

III) The gear needed

Spoiler

-The Bringer of Rain, a nightmare bascinet => 2nd legacy prefered because of the 15% block chances, can be found for 3/4ex i think
-Soul Taker, a siege axe => it's making us able to attack even with 0 mana available. This way, we can avoid mana leech from gear, or blood magic gem. Also with it, we can use 3 auras on mana pool. Non-legacy can be found for 7/8ex.
-Aegis Aurora, a Champion Kite Shield => 2/3ex for non-legacy, 18/20ex for legacy. Both are nice.
-Stone of Lazwar, a lapis amulet => for the 50% chances to block spell. without corruption, this can be found for 1 to 5 chaos.
-Rainbowstrides, boots => with 25% chances to block spells required. from 20c to 1ex maybe.
-1 Atziri's Promise flask, this grants extra physical, elemental, chaos dmg and 2% life leech on use +35% chaos res, a must have ! Can be found for 1chaos.

The rest of the equipement is based on life and resistances. You can choose equipement with armor or evasion, it doesn't matter, since from the tree all the evasion is converted into armor. ES is welcome too in equipement.

IV) The gems

Spoiler

The main attack :

The main attack and the only one we will use is Static Strike, for AoE dps and for physical + Lightning combinasion of damage.

EDIT : I'm no more using Molten strike, it's in fact really bad against atziri, it just not kill minions fast enough, which mean she restores all her life ! Before 2.0, i was able to kill her with this attack, even if the minions could heal her a little bit sometimes, but now it's no more possible with this attack. Initially, i was thinking my dps was too low, but i have finally realized molten strike was just really ugly vs Atziri. I could kill her way quicker already with STATIC STRIKE ! It kills the minions before they reach her. Ice crash can be really nice too !

The build is immune to all kind of reflect. Static strike can be taken as well for this build. I'm sure it should have other gems that can fit on the build as well, after it's based on your preferences.

No real need for far attacks, since the build can easily facetank most of the bosses.
But keep in mind that if a dominus punch, a vaal oversoul slam, or a double flameblast from the Atziri queen is incoming, the best option for you is to escape, run away from it. There is always a chance to become one shotted by devastating blows.

So the gem combo i use is pretty simple, since The Bringer of Rain is doing all the hard work, by giving us Melee physical dmg + Faster attacks and blind, so we can reach 7L.

The 4 remaining gems are Static strike + multistrike + Added fire damage + Weapon elemental dmg.

For a more defensive setup, you can also choose fortify instead of added fire or WeD.

The auras :

We will use 3 auras, each linked to an enlighten gems.
-Hatred => Grants us like 40% of our damages as extra physical dmg as cold.
-Herald of Ashes => Grants us 15% of our damages as extra fire dmg. It also ignite every nearby monster for 140% of overkill damage when we slain a monster.
-Arctic Armour => Allow us to reduce again the incoming damages we are taking. It can go until 13% reduced physical damages taken, and 12% reduced fire damages taken. As extra effect, we leave a chill ground behind us when we walk.

The escape solution :

Just simply link Leap Slam & Faster Attacks together, this way you can easily escape flameblast, lightning call, dominus death punch, and add life gain on hit with for extra instant life recovery, or fortify for even more damage reduction.

The triggered gems :

-Cast when damage taken + Enfeeble + Tempest shield + Shock Nova.
It means reduced damages taken + extra block chance when hit by monsters + 15% chance to shock monsters in the area of Shock Nova.
-Riposte + Reckoning, triggered when we block. Those AoE counter-attacks give us extra dps and extra life recovered instantly when linked to life gain on hit !

V) The gear i use

Spoiler

As always, i'm trying to get the best gear as possible.
I have made the extreme version with 75% chaos resistance, but if you want to do this build easily, you should avoid to search for the chaos res. Trying to reach 75 in chaos resistance is REALLY HARD, but if you like challenge, try it !
So no real need for Ming's or death rush if you want to make this build.
And if you avoid Ming's, your life's total will be also much higher than mine !

Thing to know : Belly of the beast chest is for cosmetic purpose only, it cannot be used with BoR, but it can be displayed on your character if you use it. Also, if you put gems on the chest, those will get experience from the monsters you kill.

Flasks :

VI) The passive skill tree

VII) Screenshots

Spoiler

Attack :

Defense :

VIII) Videos

The build is not really hard to create, the only drawbacks of it are in the construction.
It need a lot of unique, that can make it expensive if you want to have the perfect gear.
(if you want to make it with only legacy items, keep in mind a legacy soul taker is 100ex !)
Also, we cannot use blood rage anymore on it, since we are no more taking chaos dmg.

But otherwise, it's one of the strongest build ever designed for close combat character. It put survival at an insane level, which make it really fun and effective to play.

I'm aware i'm not the first guy who has made this build already, i'm just trying to show you my vision of it.

All of this is a work in progress, so i'll try to continue it as soon as possible ! If you have any questions, just ask me !

If you want to check my other builds :

Bringer of Entropy
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1368652
Seeker of Anarchy
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1390730

Last edited by M4X1MU5_300 on Sep 7, 2015, 6:08:29 PM
Great guide mate, +1!

i have a similar duelist and he is my most reliable character :)
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
+1 guide, i got a static strike build very similar to that and switch to molten/lightning strike when i feel like it with minor changes. Very awesome style of gameplay :)
Had a similar Build just more Bloc on Tree 'cause its Warbands.

Tipps:
-Fortify on Leap Slam
-Swap added fire for Hypothermia you might think why would you do that??
It sounds like it makes no sense but Soul taker can Chill+Hatred and enemies are pretty much always Chilled or just take Fortify for more Tankyness.
-Reckoning+curse on hit+enfeeble+Riposte
-Remove Tempest Shield from CWDT Setup and cast it urself (The dmg is pretty decent Leveled)
-Flat Phys on Ring and Attack Speed Gloves
-Get a Socket for Armour Aura or Grace depends for Hard Stuff
-CWDT Ice Breath + Gmp? Maybe? :3
-Anti Freeze and Shock Flask (Curse) might be good.

Everything else look pretty good but it's your Build test around with it! :D

I personally swapped to Mace and took doryami's 0,4% Mana leech Gloves + 2 Mana Nodes at Duellist were enough I did that because Sceptre(mace) Nodes got armour+dmg and Axe have dmg+hitchance.

P.s might be missing some stuff~ But I hope that helps
Last edited by LessFluff on Aug 8, 2015, 7:55:21 PM
New correct screenshots matching with Static Strike, also fixed some mistakes on the gem setup.
Last edited by M4X1MU5_300 on Aug 24, 2015, 2:14:29 PM
Does legacy vs non legacy aegis matter a lot for this build?

Also for Rumi's concoction is it important to get the perfect spell block ones?
"
Does legacy vs non legacy aegis matter a lot for this build?

Also for Rumi's concoction is it important to get the perfect spell block ones?

Non-legacy Aegis is already really strong. I was using a non-legacy Aegis Aurora when i have started the build, and i have changed because i wanted to bring the build as far as i could, but yeah, definitely, non legacy is extremely reliable, but keep in mind that the more armor you have and the more ES you will instantly regen !

Also, Granite flasks give you reduced physical dmg taken, and more ES to resplenish.

Here too, non legacy rumi is enough, because you don't need a lot of extra block chance to reach max block !
Last edited by M4X1MU5_300 on Aug 26, 2015, 2:56:20 PM
Have you tried any 78+ maps with this build?

Also why take Iron Reflex without taking unwavering stance?
Last edited by LifeIsShyt on Aug 27, 2015, 5:35:22 AM
Were those pictures taken in Merc?
"
Have you tried any 78+ maps with this build?

Also why take Iron Reflex without taking unwavering stance?

Yes, i have already tried on lvl 78+ maps. The painfull maps are crematorium of course, that i avoid with this char, even if i have not really tried, village ruin (the dog is dangerous, but killable. The chicken is just horrible, the traps are too painfull, never succeeded for the moment to beat it). The build was nice against the boss of waterways (map lvl 80). After, since i'm not really lucky with map drop rates those days, i have never tested maps like excavation, or higher lvl maps. Also, it's not my only char, i have already done other lvl 80 maps like wasteland, but not with this char.

I'm not taking Unwavering Stance even if, i know, it perfectly matches with Iron reflexes.
It's simply because i don't really feel i need this, and avoid it grant me 3 extra skill points.
But i can admit it can be usefull sometimes, like to avoid death when i try to escape with leap slam against A'alai (the girl from the trio in apex of sacrifice) and her stunning rain of projectiles.
So i'll probably take it in the future, it's a really good option to consider.

"
Were those pictures taken in Merc?

Yes, those pictures were taken of course in merciless. If you're asking me about the high resistances, it was with 3 endurances charges. The true resists are of course still over 75. The total resistances are 83/81/79/76 without endurance charges.
Last edited by M4X1MU5_300 on Aug 28, 2015, 4:28:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info