PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Racing is hard

"
"
renruB wrote:
The real question is does anybody actually enjoy this sig race? To me it just feels like a lazy attempt by GGG that they came up with in about 5 minutes and never actually tested.

I feel like ZERO testing has gone in to race seasons since 9. They slap the mods on the game without testing any of the normal enemy mods (extra damage, powerful crits, bloodlines, etc.) or bosses (Hailrake, Brutus, Merveil) to see if they are too dangerous for every class to handle. Those particular blue pack mods have been so dangerous this season and back in Season 10 with Brutal. I sometimes wonder if sig races need to be vanilla again. There has also been the obvious lack of effort on the race rewards since Season 8. Season 8 was the last time we have had an alt art body armour, reason?

On a sidenote, got to love gfycat's gif names.

racing rewards are bad cause nobody races and ggg uses some strange philosophy to cover up and have good excuses on why they stopped making 3d rewards and reduced the amount of rewards to half.
Last edited by janimauk on Aug 13, 2015, 12:58:38 PM
I laughed at every single marauder one, since I died at least once the same way this season for each one.

Please for the love of god stop with the extra damage sigs.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Yeah, i guess you can't really tell in the gifs... most of them, i just look like im standing there until i die but (as you probably know) i actually try to move away once my hp is low and i get stunned or get caught mid animation and take an extra 1/2 hits.

AlwaysStunBabyRage

For example, the Ranger one with flame curtains in dc, i wasn't just standing there spamming RoA. I fire 1 shot move a little, fire another etc. even though it takes more time than just spamming.
What happens is i dont wait for the character to move before queuing another attack (to save time), so you see me getting stunned right after my first attack so my move command failed and then the 2nd attack that i queued goes through and i cant move until that animation finishes.
That happens to me on marauder aswell because the attack animations are so slow. Specially fighting brutus and trying to dodge merv's ice barrage. Maybe its just bad habits/mechanics (hey, it works on casters LELELELEL)

My favourite has to be the ranger brutus where i simply start the fight, miscalculate is attack timing a little bit and i just get hooked and punched and i die. The damage rly is absurd.

Edit: Just want to point out, that most of my deaths (outside of bosses that can easily 1/2 shot me with certain attacks) are due to me being chain stunned.

Maybe i'm being unfair, but my guess is the race wasn't properly tested because on paper, or if you run the math, it might seem like the damage is ok because you can take a few hits and have time to react, but, in practice, in a lot of situations you get chain stunned and you can do absolutely nothing to avoid it. It's completely out of your control and i guess that's the most frustrating part. You can clearly see this as early as lvl1 in coast.

Not to mention every mod on mobs, boxes, ghosts, nem mods, bloodlines mods etc. are that more dangerous. Not even sure if some of these should be present in sigs...

Logging out or going defensive on gear/the tree is not rly an option in sig races.
Last edited by tagpt on Aug 19, 2015, 5:16:07 AM
Inb4 "we heard your complaints about extra damage mods in signature races, this is why we have decided to give all monsters 120% increased attack and movement speed in the next signature race. The next race season is planned to start 6 months from now."

Kappa, but not really...
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
tagpt wrote:

Edit: Just want to point out, that most of my deaths (outside of bosses that can easily 1/2 shot me with certain attacks) are due to me being chain stunned.

yep. don't even need to get stunned since you might just straight up die
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
SlixSC wrote:
Inb4 "we heard your complaints about extra damage mods in signature races, this is why we have decided to give all monsters 120% increased attack and movement speed in the next signature race. The next race season is planned to start 6 months from now."

Kappa, but not really...

the funny thing is the only thing that probably isnt true is that they wont say that the racing season will start in 6 months. I mean it probably will but they will just let the months fly by and announce it like 2 weeks before. I'm not saying they plan it this way but in all honesty they most likely will have forgotten about racing season all together. At least until they read the forums for feedback, 5 mins before they go into their grueling one hour testing session, 2 1/2 weeks before the season starts.
"
renruB wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

Kappa, but not really...

the funny thing is the only thing that probably isnt true is that they wont say that the racing season will start in 6 months. I mean it probably will but they will just let the months fly by and announce it like 2 weeks before. I'm not saying they plan it this way but in all honesty they most likely will have forgotten about racing season all together. At least until they read the forums for feedback, 5 mins before they go into their grueling one hour testing session, 2 1/2 weeks before the season starts.

Sitting in his throne chair Chris looked at Neon and finally uttered the three unspeakable words: "To the gulag!". Neon was shocked, he was about to cry as he, visibly distraught, begged for mercy: "Please master, everything but race testing."
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
renruB wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

Kappa, but not really...

Sitting in his throne chair Chris looked at Neon and finally uttered the three unspeakable words: "To the gulag!". Neon was shocked, he was about to cry as he, visibly distraught, begged for mercy: "Please master, everything but race testing."

༼ ͡ ͡° ͜ 🔴 ͡ ͡° ༽👌
Last edited by janimauk on Aug 20, 2015, 9:45:44 AM
i still believe the stun formula needs to be reworked in general.

-HeaT

youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
The next signature will be 2h BLAMT.

"The goal was to close the gap between PVP and Racing in popularity. It worked quiet well and was a huge success"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info