[2.0][Video/Text] Facebreaker Cyclone 90k+ dps, Atziri Farmer In depth guide

Hello guys and welcome to my guide.

Before we get started, english is not my main language, so if I misspell anything please forgive me.

Don't expect a fancy guide, I'm an engineer so I don't really care for aesthetics as long as the information is all in here.

I started playing PoE on February 2015 and I've had the goal of farming Atziri since the 1st time I completed one of the Sacrifice Sets.
Take this guide with a grain of salt, I'm not pro a like ZiggyD or Hegemony, I'm just sharing what worked with me. I obviously accept constructive criticism.

I followed this guide when I started playing this char but stopped cuz it just sucked. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1202027

Dps tooltip:
Spoiler

Before proceding to the rest of the guide, read this Spoiler:
Spoiler

--->YOU WILL DIE A LOT<---

This is not hardcore viable, i've died 465 times as of 10/08/95(it's my bday :D)
This character was made exclusively for atziri farming. I can barely do 77's because I'm only rocking 4.3k armor.
This character's stats are optimized for atziri farming without investing too much currency.

Pros:
Spoiler

-High Tooltip dps;
-The incarnation of SPIN2WIN;
-Efficient Atziri Killer;
-Easy/Fast progression;
-Cyclone is the best melee skill atm;
-Uses 7 endurance charges, so you have a lot of physical mitigaton;
-It's fun to play since you 1shot pretty much everything;
-It's pretty cheap to build, and can get ridiculously strong if u invest into GGG items;
-You can make a lot of money doing atziri runs(i've made at least 28 exalts in like 3 weeks of farming atziri).
-Perfect secondary character.

Cons:
Spoiler

-Might not be affordable for new players, as you will need to invest some ex to get it started(between 3 and 5 exalts depending on item rolls).
-Can get a bit repetitive since you will be doing atziri runs back to back.
-The investment you make might not be returned right away, as farming atziri is really RNG based.
-On the current state of this build farming atziri is really easy, but mapping is really risky, as it is really glass cannon, don't be surprised if u get 1shotted by a blue with some shady bloodline mod.
-Might be a bit hard to get res capped, since you're probably gonna be using 4 uniques.
-You are probably going to have to invest into 2 legacy items.
-It might be a bit hard to level up deathless after u reach 80 ish(if you're a careful player ignore this con)

Items I'm currently using
Spoiler

Skill tree links:
Spoiler

Disclaimer:
Spoiler
Prioritize nodes at will, this might not be the most efficient way to level up.
You might want to take the endurance charges/jewels sooner or later depending on the gear/gems/jewels you're using.
Same thing with hp, you might want to rush through the big life wheel and get unwavering stance ASAP and then pick up the rest of the nodes.

My current tree(lvl 87)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAZEB3ASHBLMFLQthEuEUIBXsGjgaPiFgJy8ppSyFLdIuUy_MMZ4yTjWSPAU8LT8nQKBHfkrITeNQR1ltWfNaGl8_X5hi7GVNaGVo8m6qbztyqXTtdPF2f3asd-N4DXk5eWh673uMfNl-4H7ig1-DzITEhNmE74-ZkFWRzpkrnleezZ8-n8uiAKLqplenMKlurKqtja9stfK2irc-uR277b02vYG-p8AawGbAv8EEwYLE9sauypDPMs9-02_YvdrB5FHp1eoY7w7vfPAf8933Mvjr_gr-jw==?accountName=Hexatica&characterName=Johny_Bravo_Hu_HA

24 Points:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBBIcFLRXsL8wyTkCgR35i7GVNdO1674TZhO-PmZkrtoq5Hb02vYG-p8C_wYLKkNrB

47 Points:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAdwEhwUtEuEV7C_MMZ4yTjWSPC1AoEd-TeNi7GVNcql07XfjeA1673zZg8yE2YTvj5mZK6LqplepbrXytoq3PrkdvTa9gb6nwBrAv8GCxPbGrsqQ2L3awfcy_gr-jw==

69 points:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAdwEhwSzBS0LYRLhFewaOC3SL8wxnjJONZI8BTwtQKBHfk3jWfNi7GVNaPJyqXTtdqx343gNeu982YPMhNmE74-ZkFWRzpkrnz6iAKLqplepbqyqrY2vbLXytoq3Prkdu-29Nr2BvqfAGsBmwL_BgsT2xq7KkM9-2L3aweoY73zwH_cy-Ov-Cv6P

103 points (lvl 85, final):
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAdwEhwSzBS0LYRLhFCAV7Bo4Gj4hYCmlLdIuUy_MMZ4yTjWSPAU8LT8nQKBHfkrITeNQR1ltWfNfP1-YYuxlTWhlaPJuqm87cql07XTxdn92rHfjeA15OXloeu97jHzZfuB-4oNfg8yExITZhO-PmZBVkc6ZK55Xns2fPp_LogCi6qZXpzCpbqyqrY2vbLXytoq3Prkdu-29Nr2BvqfAGsBmwL_BBMGCxPbGrsqQzzLPftNv2L3aweRR6dXqGO8O73zwH_Pd9zL46_4K_o8=

Jewels:
Spoiler

For jewels you should prioritize melee dmg (while holding shield), area damage, area damage, area of effect. Get some missing stats/resists if you need.
I don't use the unique jewels for unarmed range etc.

Items and stats
Spoiler

Links and colors
Spoiler

These are my links, feel free to swap around:
Head (RRRR) Reckoning+Endurance Charge on Melee Stun+ Stun+Life Leech
Shield(RRG) (It should be) Increased duration+Immortal Call(20/20)+Vaal cyclone
Boots(RRRB) CWDT(4/20*blaze it*)+Immortal call(6/20)+Enfeeble(7/20)+ Summon flame golem
Gloves(RRGG) (It should be) Enduring cry(20/20)+Blood Rage+ Hatred+ Herald of ash
Chest(RRRGGB) Cyclone>Blood Magic>Faster Attacks> Melee Physical Damage/Fortify/Concentrated Effect/Increased Area of Effect>Added fire damage(

OAK OAK OAK OAK OAK OAK OAK OAK OAK OAK OAK OAK OAK OAK OAK OAK OAK OAK OAK OAK
In case you didn't get it help oak on normal, cruel and merci.
Evaluating if an item is good for your build is easy, don't even look at it if it doesn't have a flat phys roll.
You will only be looking for 2 rings, amulet and boots, the rest are uniques.
The stats you're looking for on those items are:
Phys Dmg/Movespeed(boots);
Resistences;
Life.

If you're having trouble getting res capped get a 5l chest with the right colors, and missing resistances.
Having max movement speed on boots is important because you don't have any movement gems on your main setup(+30% speed is enough to dodge atziri spells).
You don't need a 6l for this build.

The main item on this build are the gloves obviously, without it u can't break faces, and who doesn't want to break faces...
You don't need a high legacy rolled facebreaker, a high non-legacy is enough(770+), if for some reason you find yourself a 856% for 1ex like me, good..i just hope you can sleep at night.

For the shield, you don't really need a high rolled one too, mine has bottom rolled flat phys and low life and it still does the job perfectly. I could easly have over 100k dps if mine was better rolled.

The abyssus is a must have, it gives a metric ton of dps, and it won't be that expensive, because you just have to look for a low phys taken roll, the crit multi is useless for this build.

For the flasks, you need 2 hp flasks, 1 of them has to be seething @ of stauching the other one do what you think is best, i like the one i have. Having a rumi's is a MUST HAVE, even if it's low rolled like mine, it's well worth the 1ex.

I'm using a Brightbeak + Prismatic blade combo for my leap slam set up+ lvling some gems.

Check all my characters here https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Hexatica/characters

Apex of Sacrifice
Spoiler

Everything you need to know for normal atziri with this build.
For atziri you need at least 4k hp. Having 20k dps may be enough for atziri, but u have to be super careful, i recommenced you try doing atziri at 40k-50k. Being res capped is a must, although you only need cold res for the double vaals, and maybe for the trash mobs.
Always swap your flasks before clearing the trash mobs before the boss you're facing, this way you'll always have full charged flasks.
Pre-Atziri Check up
Spoiler

Depending on your dps/health you'll need different flasks, if you're at 80k+ you can do double vaal and trio with the Atziri's Promise and 1 utility flask.
You also need a high lvl increased area of effect for the atziri fight.

Double Vaal
Spoiler

This fight is by far the easiest, you only need a topaz flask, shock immunity is always nice.

What i normally do, is i activate the 1st and then just wait for the other one to activate on its own. I dps the 1st one down to about 10-20%hp and then go ham and kill the 2nd one, then i go back for the 1st one. Pop your topaz when u know you're going to get a laser to the face.
Also, --->DO NOT<--- even think about facetanking the smash, if you're following this build, your chance of survival is equal to your block %.

Trio
Spoiler

This fight can be tricky, but if u keep your calm it's easy.
What u wanna do is, take off your flame golem, he will mess up the targeting from the mobs, and it will make it harder for you predict where they'll be. Then take off your IC from your CWDT set up, u want to self cast it. If your invulnerability from the IC refreshes because of the chaos/fire dmg you're dead.
If you time your IC correctly this fight is trivial, you only have to run around them, cast your Enduring cry, when u get max endurance charges pop IC and go ham. Rinse and repeat for all 3 bosses.

Whenever a boss dies, it leaves a big ass black phys degen cloud, similar to tar, but only deals dmg. IC will make u immune to it. So you gotta try and kill them on the center of the room, this way you can run around without having to worry about the phys degen.

-->The order you wanna do is: Ranged->Double Striker->Cycloner
Double-Striker->Ranged->Cycloner is also manageable.

The ranged titty-b!tch is pure phys dmg, try to lure her to the middle as it is easier for you to handle the other melee bosses. When she dies she starts to spawn ranged titty b!tches like her, but they wont hurt u if u keep running around. Use them to fill up your flasks

The double striker deals phys+fire dmg, so your IC won't make u invulnerable to his strikes, so be careful and pay attention to your flasks, DO NOT leave him for last, last time i tried it he 1shoted me every time i got close.
Usually you'll want to wait for his enrage to end before fighting him, but it's not a deal breaker.

The cycloner leaves behind a traild of chaos dmg, so just try to avoid it, if smart poting that wont be a problem. You need at least 2 of Staunching flasks for the cycloner. He gives 2 stacks of bleed every time he hits you, and 4 stacks when he's the last boss standing, IC makes u invulnerable so you have to be extra careful and only use your pot when the IC ends, that way you'll be more efficient and wont run out as much. I run these 2 pots for the trio

Sometimes you will mess up the order, if for some reason you leave the ranged one for last, be very careful for when u kill her, as she spawns a long ass rain tht will perma stun u and kill u if u dont have unwavering stance, just kill her and run away as fast as possible and wait for the rain to stop.
Never leave the double striker for last, he is really hard to kill(i failed everytime he was last).

Atziri fight
Spoiler

Now it's atziri's turn to get molested.
1st thing you wanna do is take off your curse, she reflects it back to you(she still gets cursed), you don't really need enfeeble for this fight.
Depending on how many portals you have left, you will have to adapt your play style.
Your flasks will depend on how fast you can burst her down between phases, and then while on the split phase.
If your dps isn't high enough u should bring 2 ruby flasks, otherwise bring one atziri promise.
Having a rumi's is extremely important on atziri, you'll be able to facetank the phases more consistently. Obviously having all your flasks with 20% is very important.

Normally when you go inside the Queen's Chamber, she will atack you once or twice and go into healing phase right away. When she goes into healing phase, refresh your golem, pop your Blood rage and swap your concentrated effect for an increased area and just kill the mobs before they reach her. At this stage killing every mob isn't that important as she is almost full hp. Try to deal as much damage as possible as soon as she leaves the healing phase, since you will have a dps boost from the frenzy charges. Don't forget to put your concentrated effect back in.

When she is between split phases you only have to run around and dodge her storm calls and flame blasts, dps her in between casts, she will sometimes target your golem.

If you run out of flasks stop attacking her, and just wait for her to go into healing phase.
If you're lazy like me, u can just burst her down until you die, and then go back in with full flasks. Only do this if you're comfortable with fighting her.

When she goes into split phase the only way for you to refill your flasks is by dying.
Always try to target by this order:
-The one opposite of the spear thrower;
-NEVER TARGET THE ONE HOLDING THE MIRROR you will die instantly as she reflects 100% of your damage.
-The one closest to the entrance.

Once you've chosen your target carefully you want to pop your ruby+rumi+atziri's promise and just go ham, you don't need to dodge anything(if you kill one of the atziris while a flameblast is being charged on top of you, it will deal 0 dmg).You will probably die, depending on you speed, pay attention to your flask duration, at 20% they all have 4.2s duration, use it.
Try to pop your blood rage right before the split phase starts, that way you will have a bit more dps, if you have a non-instant flask use it when you start atacking.

The flame blasts shouldn't be deadly if you have 4k+hp when you pop your ruby(I don't know if they can crit), so when you're facetanking the split phase, pop your ruby right before a flame blast hits you, the duration will be enough to cover 2 flame blasts.

If you run out of flasks stop attacking her, and just wait for her to go into healing phase.

Just remember, your run will pay off the 10c if you drop anything but the flask.

Also when you're confortable with doing atziri you can start doing services. Normally everything is for the client, if a hope drops it's yours.

I've never tried ubber atziri, because i'm really squishy, i don't wanna waste 6.5ex into a failed run.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Whisper me 3.14 just so i know u used this build :D

Whisper me ingame if you need anything, i'm working on a video guide for both this build in general and for all the atziri runs.
Last edited by Hexatica on Aug 11, 2015, 6:45:27 AM
Nice build, I'm playing a Marauder variant with BoR instead atm, but I'm considering switching to abyssus and 5/6L later.

I'm running Herald of Ash, Hatred and Artic Armour atm.

Granted the build I'm running is doing more defensive choices and nodes (more block, fortify and fortify nodes, etc), I have a few questions:

Why are you running Item Rarity on Herald of Ash and Hatred?

Why not Riposte instead of life leech?
Do you often use Enduring Cry to keep your endurance charges up?

Do you feel immortal call and enfeeble on CWDT is good vs bosses? (I'm running blood rage and tempest shield atm on lvl 1 atm)

Thanks for the guide, interesting to read others take on somewhat the same build.
Also your shield is missing from gear.
"
Warein wrote:
Nice build, I'm playing a Marauder variant with BoR instead atm, but I'm considering switching to abyssus and 5/6L later.

I'm running Herald of Ash, Hatred and Artic Armour atm.

Granted the build I'm running is doing more defensive choices and nodes (more block, fortify and fortify nodes, etc), I have a few questions:

Why are you running Item Rarity on Herald of Ash and Hatred?

Why not Riposte instead of life leech?
Do you often use Enduring Cry to keep your endurance charges up?

Do you feel immortal call and enfeeble on CWDT is good vs bosses? (I'm running blood rage and tempest shield atm on lvl 1 atm)

Thanks for the guide, interesting to read others take on somewhat the same build.

The item rarity is just a filler, i dumped 100+ chromes trying to make my gloves RRGG and failed, normally i would have blood rage in the extra slot on my gloves, and vaal cyclone on the shield.

I never thought about the ripost gem, im gonna try it out. That life leech gem is mostly useless as i dont lose that much hp when going through the trash mobs.

No, i only use my enduring cry while doing the trio. I will post my Video guides soon, you'll see wht i mean.

The IC on the CWDT is mostly for clearing trash mobs. The curse is kinda strong, and you'll see the difference when you enfeeble the trio members.

Thank you for reading this guide and i hope you liked it :D

--Just remember, say no to the double flame blast kids
"
Warein wrote:
Also your shield is missing from gear.

kek, thank you xD
You can swap Item Rarity for Elemental Proliferation in that case?
"
Warein wrote:
You can swap Item Rarity for Elemental Proliferation in that case?

Yes you can!
bump
bumb#2
you're not supposed to bump build guides btw :\

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info