Trendspotting: POE Playerbase almost halved on Steam alone since the release of Awakening

"
ffogell wrote:
I also find that poe forums activity is in the all time low...

I noticed this as well. I was inactive for a long time and came back for awakening to find the forums less active, was kind of surprising.
"
According to Steam Charts there is a mass exodus in the pipes, which is quiet unusual at the beginning or during a fresh start of a major patch.

Thoughts?

The charts right now show gains in terms of PoE population , you might want to take another look at it .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
ffogell wrote:
I also find that poe forums activity is in the all time low...

I noticed this as well. I was inactive for a long time and came back for awakening to find the forums less active, was kind of surprising.

Yes, but much of what has fallen off is the shitposting we used to see. Support has been pretty active enforcing the new, more detailed forum guidelines, and those posters who couldn't or wouldn't hack it have given up posting. I wouldn't say the forum is perfect, but it's a lot better, in some ways, than it used to be, including the absence of many trolls and gadflies. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Yeah, it's not so fun to sit in town waiting for lag to subside. It worked initially but now it's getting really old.
It's summer.

Probably on vacation.

"
"
It's summer.

Probably on vacation.

So what's it like living in a world with only one hemisphere?

It's always summer...on PoE...I know, I know...oh, oh, oh...

I now hope Act 5 is set in winter, just to throw people off.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Now that I see that there are only 17k-20k Steam players that happen to play at the same time I do, I'm not sure I can enjoy playing anymore.

Things on Steam looked much better at the 1 month point after SotV where things were sitting at 10K online. Then the Masters expansion came out and after a month the game had about 12K online. The downward trend seems pretty clear.

It's too bad there are no more non steam players to hold the game afloat. ;)

Lighten up guys.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"
I remember when /online gave a return of <200 people.

Not that long ago really.

Back then ?

"mostly" dedicated ARPG players that got sucked in with the "hardcore" sales pitch ... "mostly" being the word to focus on. =P

Ahhh,back "then" high end content was accessible without having to jump through hoops and the only thing required was the nads to take up the challenge.

Back "then" trading was a Mexican standoff on the beach .... oddly enough even when trading with "friends". lol

Back "then" gear didn't roll useless mods that have zero support from the passive tree and the passive tree itself was a far greater source of character development than the current iteration.

Back "then" POE was an ARPG.

=P

Just teasing.

EDIT: And yes I'd give GGG my firstborn to go back "then" ... but that's not legal so here I am. hahha

Last edited by Temper on Aug 10, 2015, 10:36:48 PM
The steam chart is bit weird shows a slow gradual decline, kind what you would expect after free respecs and new content. The numbers they state show an increase from one month to the next.
Looks pretty successful to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info