Trendspotting: POE Playerbase almost halved on Steam alone since the release of Awakening

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:

Really... economy serves AT WHAT????

Economy makes drops valuable :)

In lieu of interesting items being valuable on their own merits
Not having trading doesn't work in a game like poe that has 100's of items that are build enabling.
You can't make every type of item a player might want drop all the time because between all the different types of people and builds. There are probably millions of items that they want to drop combined. That's also why "smart" drops in game like this is a bad idea for the most part.

One of the reason not having trading / smart drops works in other games is because for the most part there is only one or two gear sets people are trying to get for each class.
I came back for 2 weeks to farm the free MTX set from the new league, but I've basically not played at all since the most recent major skill tree rework. They completely over nerf things that don't need to be messed with, and let convoluted offscreening rule when it takes zero effort to play. GGG needs to be open to the idea of letting more than 2 or 3 builds being competitive at a time or this game will never grow. Stop the nerfs, revert the nerfs. Give us our characters and play styles back. Nerf and buff with a light hand instead of a tactical nuke.

1.3 was HEAVEN. I could not have asked for a better game at that time. There was dominant builds, but you could build so many ways and get along. Now you can't do anything without a perfected cheese build that you could play in your sleep. It's wrong, wrong wrong wrong. Could not be more wrong. I don't know why I bothered to come back a bit for this couple weeks, I do have hope GGG will some day strike a balance that allows lesser builds to play. There's so many good ideas here in PoE, but whoever decided that the current skill tree is better than 1.3 should not be working on games.
Last edited by Astealoth on Oct 27, 2015, 6:29:23 AM
Opinions. We have them.
Stop crying. You people don't understand this is a dynamic game and that maybe your builds wont be that OP in the following games updates. You only have think about a new build, reset your points(for free) in the new update and sell your gear to buy a more appropiate one...

That's all Folks. If you don't get this go play LOL or D3 and stop complaining/crying all the time on Forums.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
"
lourun_coria wrote:
Stop crying. You people don't understand this is a dynamic game and that maybe your builds wont be that OP in the following games updates. You only have think about a new build, reset your points(for free) in the new update and sell your gear to buy a more appropiate one...

That's all Folks. If you don't get this go play LOL or D3 and stop complaining/crying all the time on Forums.

You should stick to newspapers, books and magazines of your choice instead of crying about other peoples opinions in internet forums :)
- Best Signature Ever -
Last edited by BestUsernameEver on Oct 27, 2015, 9:36:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info