Trendspotting: POE Playerbase almost halved on Steam alone since the release of Awakening

"

And here is the biggest part of the problem with this pattern and i am very surprised that no one mentioned it yet.

People are buying artificially bloated marketing hypes maybe once or a second time or let it even be a third time but i am 100% certain that there won't be a fourth time anymore, and the exception of players who are still willing to play whatever they'll get is totally marginal in comparison to the whole theoretical playerbase.

Yet the game has been running like this and actually growing for over 2.5 years now :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"

"
kcstar wrote:
And last but not least... there is no, really NO alternative.

... for you :)

Of course for me... that's what I said "why I am still here"
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
kcstar wrote:
"

"
kcstar wrote:
And last but not least... there is no, really NO alternative.

... for you :)

Of course for me... that's what I said "why I am still here"

Glad that we both were able to point out the obvious :D
- Best Signature Ever -
Why cant you look back a bit further?
Is there anything new this patch from the following chart?
http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&jstime=1&appid=238960&from=1377990000000&to=End+Time
Nowhere in the history of POE have "we" lost 2/3 of the players in a month after a patch. (and this is the biggest one so far).

But dont worry, its doing fine.
I just came back to the game today after a couple years off, let me give you first impressions on why this might be.

>The amount of stuff they've added is staggering. They did a decent job stretching it out as you level, but it's still a lot to take in.

>The game is harder now. This was already one of if not the most unforgiving popular title on the market. That's good for the few dedicated players, not for the rest of the casuals.

>D3 just had a big content patch.

>This game gets stale. Not really any other way to put it. The beginning of the game feels too slow because of how stats like atkspd/mvspd scale. I know it doesn't take long to level to the point this evens out, but doing so gets worse than pulling teeth after a couple runs through. And new players don't know/aren't skilled enough to level like that.
I've been really discontent with 2.0, and OP's statements hit home with me. So, I stopped playing a couple weeks in.

After a few weeks absence, I came back to play it again and, admittedly, have had some more fun; however, the game still feels stale.

I hope GGG gets they're game together and doesn't implode.

I would be content if they fixed the map, portal crash, and fixed map drops.
Last edited by robertredberry on Aug 26, 2015, 10:12:08 AM
"
Zhatan wrote:
Nowhere in the history of POE have "we" lost 2/3 of the players in a month after a patch. (and this is the biggest one so far).

The game grew with far less average player count on Steam in the past so yeah the bolded sentence is correct :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Zhatan wrote:

The game grew with far less average player count on Steam in the past so yeah the bolded sentence is correct :)

For beeing someone who doesnt worry you seem to be whiteknighting way to much :) The fact that its losing players faster then ever before seen to be worring you when you do that.

But dont worry, it will be alright.
Halved because GGG started trying to please special interest groups instead of the original playerbase.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info