Error: Failed writing received data to disk...

SOLVED: CHANGE THE FOLDER NAME AFTER INSTALL (Before patching) so its not the same one you installed in. its all that was needed to solve it in my case
"
DaemoNsyN wrote:
I was having the same problem too.
Figured it out tonight though from researching other posts.
First off you want to make sure your fire wall is not blocking the game, after you are sure that is not the problem this is what you do:

Open your internet browser and enter the link displayed in the crash window which was this for me - patch216.pathofexile.com:8095/patch/0.10.1.3/CrashUpload.exe

Download that and save it and then copy/paste it into the game directory. Once that is done you might still get a game crash when the game says "connecting"

If this is the case go into the games directory and delete the client.exe file and then rename the file client.tmp to client.exe

This should fix the problem. Also if you are on windows seven and cant get to the games directory just right click on the game shortcut go to properties and click "open file location."

Hope this helps.

what this guy said worked. only i klicked on the downloaded file once it was done and it launched the game initiating an update. well i don't think it's an update it might just be a game repair or even reinstall tbh (32gb) ...the link it told me was not a crashreport but it was https://patch.poecdn.com/3.23.0.4/PathOfExile.exe
Last edited by Ardchy on Jan 9, 2024, 11:55:18 PM
I love how the only staff responses here are from 2014/2015 from necroed posts people have mistakenly responded to :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info