[2.0] Surging Power - Hybrid Crit Shock Nova [30K+ DPS, 7K+ Effective Life]

You can go lowlife with the build, yes. However you would need to either use chayula or kaoms roots. Do not expect the ES to go much higher than 6-7k tho (and that is with proper gearing).

You can use lazhwar but the block we have isn't that high so dunno why would you do that.

For reflect heavy maps you might need to run Purity of Lightning + Vaal Pact + Flask.

Cast on Crit doesn't work with spells, only attacks.

You can use enlighten, i am leveling one in my off slots atm.
Vaal Discipline would be a prime vaal aura for lowlife.

Voll's protector is possible if you were going life+eb+mom, for my current iteration it isn't optimal.

As for the video, i have no time atm (exams), and my upload isn't that great either. Will try to upload it somewhere in the future.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Aug 18, 2015, 7:42:18 AM
Im kinda new, so i dont have as much knowledge to make my own build and those questions were just to keep my curiosity occupied.
What leveling spell do you reccomend? im running with some rares, crown of thorns and tabula with FIRESTORM+IAO+FA+ALD+ICD+BALL LIGHTNING.

Just pointing out : Lightning Pen is even more powerful than you think.
It's not a simple 1.36 multiplier in the DPS calculation, it means that before anything else, you shred 36% of the monster's lightning resistance, even if it's overcapped.

So that means that a 75% lightning res mob will drop to 39% lightning resistance. That's a 144% MORE DPS increase.
But since all mobs do not have the same lightning resistance, usually the calculations with resistances (depending on penetration, curses etc...) get left out of the DPS calculations of elemental builds :)
"
FIRESTORM+IAO+FA+ALD+ICD+BALL LIGHTNING.

What is the FA link exactly?

Anyway you can use anything from incinerate/lightning tendrils/arc/flame totem/flameblast to level.
Never leveled with ball lightning or firestorm so dunno.

"
Just pointing out : Lightning Pen is even more powerful than you think.
It's not a simple 1.36 multiplier in the DPS calculation, it means that before anything else, you shred 36% of the monster's lightning resistance, even if it's overcapped.

So that means that a 75% lightning res mob will drop to 39% lightning resistance. That's a 144% MORE DPS increase.
But since all mobs do not have the same lightning resistance, usually the calculations with resistances (depending on penetration, curses etc...) get left out of the DPS calculations of elemental builds :)

Yes it's a bigger actual dps increase versus resistant monsters, i listed both dps values vs a 75% and 0% resist monster for that exact reason :)

I don't recommend leaving your house without a penetration gem as a caster, else you are gonna have a bad time :D
leveling guide / passive tree progression would be nice :) also looking forward to a video guide

I will try to update this build as soon as i get the chance.

Dunno if i will be able to add a video soon, but will try.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info