Stun

I think someone posted a build for a 2H Marauder that stunned opponents for close to a second.
They were supposedly already dead before he could notice any diminishing returns, but I don't know of any.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Stuns are 350ms * (1 + your stun dur boosts) * (1 /1+foe's block recovery).
Only vulnerability curse reduces block recovery as of this point so stun durations are linear.

190% stun dur increase, from a 40% mace 30% belt and all stun dur increases near marauder that isn't 8%, is 1 full second of stunning (or 1015 to be exact).
on the way, you would be grabbing a lot of damage boosts and some attack speed. i've done it before and tend to one hit white and blue mobs till merciless, which at that point i have no data due to being too glass cannon-y before a few patches ago. it is also very possible to have attack speed faster than stun duration, vall overlord was fun.

spells can stun but cannot be boosted upon last i was told.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Dec 23, 2012, 4:16:10 PM
Looks like if you go all-in on stun, you can get 100% reduced enemy stun threshold on some skills (e.g. Ground Slam and Heavy Strike), meaning you stun every hit. This could be very powerful against bosses.
Last edited by Incompetent on Jan 29, 2013, 10:24:06 PM
"
Incompetent wrote:
Looks like if you go all-in on stun, you can get 100% reduced enemy stun threshold on some skills (e.g. Ground Slam and Heavy Strike), meaning you stun every hit. This could be very powerful against bosses.

it is, i enjoyed act 2's boss to no end. however granting yourself that high threshold leaves yourself limited in defense even after life leech. sure stuns is nice vs melee and rare+ mobs but ranged foes cause nightmares even with ground slam's range.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Jan 30, 2013, 12:11:21 AM
Anyone tested does this work with minion?
THank
"
ethan007 wrote:
Anyone tested does this work with minion?
THank

Would also like to know =)
don't see why not... this support adds the threshold mod to all skills that hit foes. minions hit things, some spells hit things, all melee attacks hit things. auras and curses don't hit things. damage over time doesn't hit things.
A bit late, but I've been testing a Q20 stun on my BoR minion build. It has a noticeable effect with 9 minions + melee splash + multistrike + blind. Most mobs either die in the first second, or stay stunned and blinded until they die.

Last edited by Smodab on Sep 18, 2013, 2:20:49 PM
I think the Stun gem is pretty great - it is pretty cool when linked with spectral throw if you're using a mace based build.

Spoiler
I have a question about the new stun effect and diminishing returns. I know that this isn't related to the gem per se but I have no idea where else to ask this:

If I have 120% stun threshold reduction it ends up being 91.1% after diminishing returns. Now lets say I boost my stun threshold reduction by another 5% leading up to 125%. This ends up being 91.7% after diminishing returns.

Now my question is this: does PoE calculate stun threshold reduction based on integers or floating point numbers? From the above example: would there be an actual difference between the two? 91.1% vs 91.7% or will they both be rounded down to 91%?
@Aelloon
Last edited by Aelloon on Dec 5, 2013, 10:20:01 PM
@ your spoiler, game doesn't around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info