Stun

Post your 0.9.3 feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Now that knockback on flasks is melee only, I'm hoping casters and rangers will try this support out.

I don't know if it will be good enough, but that's the whole point of trying it out. I think this combined with knockback support would be pretty good for stopping enemies (if you want to go that route). It will cut-back on their DPS a lot though.

On my intuition, I'd say it could use a buff, but I haven't tried this yet, or heard of anyone who has.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti wrote:
Now that knockback on flasks is melee only, I'm hoping casters and rangers will try this support out.

I don't know if it will be good enough, but that's the whole point of trying it out. I think this combined with knockback support would be pretty good for stopping enemies (if you want to go that route). It will cut-back on their DPS a lot though.

On my intuition, I'd say it could use a buff, but I haven't tried this yet, or heard of anyone who has.

Rangers dont need it with 7-8 frenzy charges u have 4-5 atacks per second, it gives permanent stunlock of any target with out support gems. If ranger not have frenzy charges it means that he use elemental hit+rain of arrows as main skill with high crit chance and easer to get knockback on crit passive for this, or he using poison arrow+temporal chains, i never saw stun prock from chaos dot of this skill. Other builds not valuable for this class.
Can someone post this gem. I've never seen it or seen it for trade. For some reason the Support Feedback Forums don't show the gems like the Skill Feedback Forums. (Also they all still say to post your 0.9.3 feedback instead of 0.9.4).

In many cases I don't know what +Quality does on these gems either, unless I can find them in trade.

Adding a link with like, 10% quality would be a great help for beta testers wanting to try out new builds.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." A. Einstein
Beta Testers = Insane
0.9.5 feedback below this post

"
ykyshaeq wrote:

Rangers dont need it with 7-8 frenzy charges u have 4-5 atacks per second, it gives permanent stunlock of any target with out support gems.
Attack speed has nothing to do with stunning (with the exception of this support). You need to meet the stun threshold to stun a monster, and I highly doubt rangers are obtaining enough stun threshold at the higher levels to stun enemies unless they specced entirely in the highest damage items and passives possible (as opposed to attack speed), which just makes their build inefficient.

With this support however, a 40% chance to stun with 4 attacks per second means that they will stun 1.6 times every second on average, which results in an effective average movement speed reduction of the enemies of 50%, and an even higher average reduction of attacks — extremely high. In fact, it would be so high that if the changes were regular/normalized perfectly, I don't think any attacks would succeed at all except the fastest monsters around (I don't think any monsters attack 3 times per second)

So based off theory — that makes this support possibly the most overpowered support in the game for rangers or anyone who attacks quickly (although that's only in theory. Stuns won't trigger if the target is already stunned, and random stun rate makes it worse).
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Jan 4, 2012, 3:53:56 PM
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
"
drewsbarr wrote:
Can someone post this gem. I've never seen it or seen it for trade. For some reason the Support Feedback Forums don't show the gems like the Skill Feedback Forums. (Also they all still say to post your 0.9.3 feedback instead of 0.9.4).

In many cases I don't know what +Quality does on these gems either, unless I can find them in trade.

Adding a link with like, 10% quality would be a great help for beta testers wanting to try out new builds.

Unavailable

No quality though.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Does this need to be linked to an attack, or does it also improve a curse and so makes a monster easier to stun, while the curse is up?
Last edited by Lathspell on Mar 2, 2012, 7:04:07 PM
"
Lathspell wrote:
Does this need to be linked to an attack, or does it also improve a curse and so makes a monster easier to stun, while the curse is up?

I could not get a Stun support to function on any curse that I tried. You can see whether a support works on a skill by looking for a letter on the skill icon, FYI.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info