Concentrate Area of Effect

That is a unique effect with fireball, but kinda wonky. It makes supporting it with peirce or Concentrated affect a choice instead of just being able to pile on damage. Something that is somewhat odd. I guess you have to choose your damage type.
-Meteoric Destiny!
I swear your choice of wording makes it way more likely to misunderstand ;)

You said "It does increase damage on the explosion (because that is area damage) but not the pierce (which only hits the one pierced enemy)."

I never brought up pierce but what you're basically saying is the DPS on the char screen is what would happen if it pierced someone.

If a lone mob is sitting there, you have concentrated AoE, and you hit him with a fireball (no pierce), is it more DPS than what the character screen says because "he (and everyone close to him) takes explosion damage" which would get the 50% bonus?

If that's true, it's more than a tad unintuitive that socketing 50% AOE damage does nothing to the skill on the char screen. I understand why from a mechanic side, but you're explaining this to an experienced coder/gamer and not the general public :)
Last edited by sanddemon on Feb 28, 2012, 9:36:24 PM
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
Could we see the actual gem if possible ? As it sounds pretty similiar to what Inc Area of Effect does.

Edit: Well the topic title is misleading, this is 'Concentrated Effect' not 'Concentrate Area of Effect'. I thought this is a different support gem for a moment somehow.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Mar 23, 2012, 7:00:09 AM
Does it work on auras ?
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
It would get reduced radius but I don't believe the aura will benefit as it adds damage to allies, it doesn't deal area damage. Of course given the way stats are saved for auras it might be able to increase it.
"
Umbraal wrote:
It would get reduced radius but I don't believe the aura will benefit as it adds damage to allies, it doesn't deal area damage. Of course given the way stats are saved for auras it might be able to increase it.

This is what I thought but someone claimed that it increased auras effect so I wanted a confirmation...
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
Umbraal wrote:
This is correct
This gem is making my Molten Armour (on caster templar) to godly damage. Top end is 3500 at level 47.
Could someone link an item or link the gem?
And does this work with Anger - Hatred - Wrath?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info