2.0 lvl 92+ tempest windripper casualrangertwentythird

Just a small write up since some people asked me how to build this on hc since all the other threads are sc related.

Gear
Spoiler

Spec

Leveling I went with random short bow until the unique lvl 28 bow and used the aoe quiver + rain of arrows until around cruel docks then kept upgrading random elemental bows. A 200 ele dps bow with 8+ crit can carry you hard, regardless of the attack speed. Was a pretty smooth ride, although storm cloud might been better overall. Didn't have one, so didn't try.

Dps fully self charged, 40k split arrow, 78k frenzy. 6100 hp, ele weakness capped, -7 chaos res on merciless. Maligaro's is about a 2,7k tooltip increase on the split arrow while in hideout, at the cost of 300 hp I didn't bother. Never tried rats nest since I 100% need something that gives good int and I personally like to have at least 2 pieces with chaos resist
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Last edited by ZoRoXo on Aug 5, 2015, 8:37:06 AM
Hey man, currently lvl 35 with your build, using storm cloud bow still.

Could you elaborate a bit on lvl 35-80 gem setups? Since i dont have a 6 link or 5 link, which gems should i prioritize on etc?

Thank you!
"
IamThomy wrote:
Hey man, currently lvl 35 with your build, using storm cloud bow still.

Could you elaborate a bit on lvl 35-80 gem setups? Since i dont have a 6 link or 5 link, which gems should i prioritize on etc?

Thank you!

You can just go with split arrow/rain of arrows, WED, added lightning and/or faster attacks (I used faster attacks, since I didn't know how good added lightning was at the time).
I just leveled with a 3link + 2 heralds for a long time. Didn't really need wrath to kill stuff. This saved me a lot of currency while leveling too. There's no tornflesh in the game anymore now, so you might actually hold out on getting vaal pact + leech until maps.
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
thanks man! works really well so far, but i feel i'm really squishy, what kind of armor should i use? I see you use the armor/evasion hybrids, but is that on purpose or just for the links?
"
IamThomy wrote:
thanks man! works really well so far, but i feel i'm really squishy, what kind of armor should i use? I see you use the armor/evasion hybrids, but is that on purpose or just for the links?

Lightning coil is best in slot, however it does cost a fair amount. Just use whatever you can get your hands on that's cheap, daresso is solid, but my character would probably still be alive if I had a coil. (got oneshot by orchard boss lol)

6th link adds a lot of dps, so a random corrupted 6link with the correct colors can be very solid.
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Oh man, sorry for your RIP. Your build looks excellent. My Phys ranger is sitting at ~40k DPS SA too, but only at 4.5k HP.

This thread makes me want to sell my 290dps 8.65crit Harbinger... I'll be able to afford a 6L legacy windripper. Do you think it'll be worth it? What do you think is the advantage of ele(or windripper) build over physical?
Last edited by Swaggerz on Aug 12, 2015, 7:43:49 PM
"
Swaggerz wrote:
Oh man, sorry for your RIP. Your build looks excellent. My Phys ranger is sitting at ~40k DPS SA too, but only at 4.5k HP.

This thread makes me want to sell my 290dps 8.65crit Harbinger... I'll be able to afford a 6L legacy windripper. Do you think it'll be worth it? What do you think is the advantage of ele(or windripper) build over physical?

Physical will always beat elemental because the mobs that actually matter will have high elemental resist. Tooltip isn't everything. Shocks do even things out somewhat, but with the shock changes, perma shocking high maps bosses are not that common. At least not until you're around gear capped.

The main advantage of a windripper is really just the attack speed. There's some minor quality of life stuff, such as reflect has to go trough 75% resist (can flask higher) herald of thunder breaks barrels (ez exalts) you run blood magic gem, instead of using mana leech, which is amazing on half regen maps, or if you try to offscreen and miss your attacks.
It's been a while since I played phys bow, but as far as I remember, running in parties where people had ele auras, and you didn't have vaal pact really sucked. It's also so many people playing elemental these days (at least on tempest, and the cycloners can run phys ref anyway), which means you can party up and mow down mobs.

It's really up to you. But one thing is for sure. Windripper, even nerfed version is op :^)
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Last edited by ZoRoXo on Aug 14, 2015, 10:12:29 AM
I am thinking of going Ele instead of Phys on my Tempest Ranger just to mix things up, and wasn't aware Added Light > FA as the 6th link, so good to note :D
Hello, in your opinion, does the build sustainable in HC without VP?>

I am really hate to lose life regen due to those ground effects....

"
LucasLin wrote:
Hello, in your opinion, does the build sustainable in HC without VP?>

I am really hate to lose life regen due to those ground effects....

Not unless you have a pair of acuity's lying around. It's even possible to kill yourself on reflect with vp on a single reflect mob if you are reckless once you have high enough dps.
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info