Added Cold Damage

Thank for answer, in fact, it's the cold damage done who make the target chill/freeze, not the other damage(like physical/elemental)who have a cold support.

I understand better now.

Thank you very much :)
This might be low on the list of things to do, but this skill gem needs a re-work!

The +chill duration is useless, if it at least would add +freeze duration as well, it might half way useful already, but not as it is now.

Not to forget how laughably low the +dmg added by this gem actually is.
"
Taipion wrote:
This might be low on the list of things to do, but this skill gem needs a re-work!

The +chill duration is useless, if it at least would add +freeze duration as well, it might half way useful already, but not as it is now.

Not to forget how laughably low the +dmg added by this gem actually is.

This!
Add cold inc Chill dur? Ok, just great, Why fire not inc... em... radius or distance fire?
Wow, shill dur :) not freeze :) Ok. Nerf other skills added fire and ligh too then.
Ofc as other skills like add cold must inc freeze dur, not useless shill.
I've been wondering about this for some time, but why the hell does Added Cold have more damage than Added Lightning while having an additional property too? Also, cold should globally do less damage than lightning and fire because of having an 'on hit' effect besides 'on crit', that's pretty much an industry standard, even in diablo 2 cold had lower damage because of chill.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Maybe, because they both are crap, anyways?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Maybe, because they both are crap, anyways?

Perhaps, the mana multiplier is steep but they do have their uses. For example, sticking added cold, added lightning, and concentrated effect on level 1 Detonate Dead gives you an 18 mana wonder.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
I've been wondering about this for some time, but why the hell does Added Cold have more damage than Added Lightning while having an additional property too?

It doesn't according to the wiki:

Added Cold lvl 20: 38-58
Added Lightning lvl 20: 5-101

I do find the bonuses a bit weird, though. For both gems, it seems that the quality bonus is considerably more important than the base effect of the gem.
Anyone have the new values after 1.0.4? The wiki doesn't have them yet.

In particular, I'm curious about anyone's experience about using this before and after buff, as well as what the stats might be at level 25.
I just found TABULA RASA and i would like to make SPELL TOTEM casting LIGHTNING WARP with ADDED LIGHTNING,FIRE,COLD DAMAGE support gem, and i wanted to know if it will benefit from all passives that increase elemental damage. So the first question is, if i increase elemental damage 5% and cold damage by 5%, will it both aplly to support gem ADDED COLD DAMAGE or only straight to spells? And the second q if i go further and increase lighning damage, will it apply to totem or i can increase its damage only by totem damage passives?
Added Fire won't do shit, for one. Try Chaos instead.

Lightning Warp will deal Lightning and Cold Damage. If you have 5% Increased Elemental Damage and 5% Increased Cold Damage, the Lightning Damage gains 5% Increased Damage, Cold gains 10%. Simple as that.

Linking Spell Totem does not suddenly remove damage modifiers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info