2.0.1b Patch Notes and New Gore Skull and Stygian Raise Spectre Microtransactions!

I love you and the game you make, but there are other things in this world that aren't skulls and we should explore them.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
The Gore Skull MTX looks dumb, it would be a lot better as just a bloody skull. The blood effects look seriously shoddy and ruin the whole thing.

It looks like the Red Skull running around with a stink cloud around his face.
"
Ianpact wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Thanks for the feedback guys! We'll remake the video.

Thank you for that. I sort of thought the same as the others when I saw the name and video but decided to look around to be sure it was what I thought. So thank you for keeping on top of this.

Forgive me if this is not the place but I was wondering if there is any chance we will see the fire from the Ghostflame MTXs burn with matching color as the Divine Righteous Fire Effect does? Also, I would love to see more fire skills with the Divine color.

+1

I would also love to see this changed.
Last edited by Illuvatar_82 on Aug 4, 2015, 11:03:48 AM
"
TwelveYears wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:
I dont play summonors but the new (Stygian )MTX seems like a joke to me after the Stygian-spectre nerf;)

The players choosed that Stygian mob not because the look of its skin (its ugly and has a to big hitbox), but because of the special mob-abilitys.

But even if not a joke, they dont look visual appealing.
Just another boring already ingame implemented mob skin that is presented as 'new'.

Are you guys run out of ideas, i know you can do it much better?

You didn't read much lol, its a shadowy apparition skin as stated in the shop and post and doesn't turn you're spec into a styian... a bit of logic says that would be dumb? You kinda stated that yourself, more reading would of solved that post :)

Anyways they are just using the Stygian because its a huge spectre with alot of detail so it stands out. Another reason may be because the Stygian is still one of (if not the best) DPS spectre out there so people who use it will be attracted to this. It actually makes the spectre way more easier to make out and is a nice addition to their old ghostly white skin, this is the exact opposite.
Flame totem skill was far less detail, from what i can see looks like just a color swap but i know people love it.

What should i read? That MTX is uninspired/boring as it stands, just by LOOKING at it.
They even have the same annoying mob sounds effects, which is pathetic.
Just anoother boring recycled skin. I think we two agree with this if we are not blind.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Aug 4, 2015, 11:49:55 AM
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
TwelveYears wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:
I dont play summonors but the new (Stygian )MTX seems like a joke to me after the Stygian-spectre nerf;)

The players choosed that Stygian mob not because the look of its skin (its ugly and has a to big hitbox), but because of the special mob-abilitys.

But even if not a joke, they dont look visual appealing.
Just another boring already ingame implemented mob skin that is presented as 'new'.

Are you guys run out of ideas, i know you can do it much better?

You didn't read much lol, its a shadowy apparition skin as stated in the shop and post and doesn't turn you're spec into a styian... a bit of logic says that would be dumb? You kinda stated that yourself, more reading would of solved that post :)

Anyways they are just using the Stygian because its a huge spectre with alot of detail so it stands out. Another reason may be because the Stygian is still one of (if not the best) DPS spectre out there so people who use it will be attracted to this. It actually makes the spectre way more easier to make out and is a nice addition to their old ghostly white skin, this is the exact opposite.
Flame totem skill was far less detail, from what i can see looks like just a color swap but i know people love it.

What should i read? That MTX is uninspired/boring as it stands, just by LOOKING at it.
Just anoother boring recycled skin. I think we two agree with this if we are not blind.

Well if you want different sounds such then that mtx should be different for every specter and would cost way more. Now its for any specter instead of one specific.
It looks really good. Great job!
Last edited by Daharka51 on Aug 4, 2015, 5:29:52 PM
[/quote]What should i read? That MTX is uninspired/boring as it stands, just by LOOKING at it.
Just anoother boring recycled skin. I think we two agree with this if we are not blind.[/quote]

If you click on the banner of the advertisement you'll go to the shop (or simply click on the shop tab) and at the top it will describe the skin. They advertised it on the wrong angle but all the info is there.

Well thats all personal taste, i dont agree with that actually. Skin is highly detailed, far more then the original skin as you can bairly make out the spectre with it. New art style looks like "cel shading" technique like they use in boarderlands, it makes it look more 3-D and it stands out more.
Lol id love the sound to be changed but that is an entirely different process... we have to remember this is to change spectre skill gem skin, nothing to do with Styrians.

I brought this thinking, its a nice change but the more i look at it the more fantastic detail i see. You probably don't like cel shading or flat black lines and that's understandable.
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.
"
vio wrote:
"
LMTR14 wrote:
can't imagine ever clearing the card challenge (which will obviously return next season) without an auction house.

PS: auction house NOW!

trading in itself is a challenge in poe. when trading would have been improved, the other challenges will end up more difficult.

by that logic, they could introduce a 1/10 chance of your button not working in the critical moment. challenging, right?

fake difficulty is FAKE
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Stygian flame sentinels look amazing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info