Done... just... done

I realize no one cares and other people have lost more (poor Hege :( ) but I want to cry about it anyway.

Doin my maps, chancing bows along the way. I chance one and the game sputters because GOD FORBID WE LOAD A NEW TEXTURE WHILE ANYTHING ELSE IS GOING ON. I get the briefest glimpse of my new Windripper for a fraction of a second before I'm back at the login screen. I log back in and the bow is white again....

I've been playing Path since the original's beta and never had this kind of trouble. There was a while when it would stutter when a rogue exile popped out of a strongbox, but they fixed that. Now? There are times of day when maps are barely playable. I stopped playing any 74+ maps for fear of losing them or portals and just rerolled an alt. Now I'm done with this crap... After seeing how many people bought Highgate packs I don't know how they can justify this kind of product. I regret even the 10 dollars I spent in support of the Awakening.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
So you did not get $10 worth of entertainment out of the game in which you played at least one character to level 80 or more??
"
TigerSpook wrote:
So you did not get $10 worth of entertainment out of the game in which you played at least one character to level 80 or more??

sorry but if its true that his windripper got rolled back, thats pretty disgusting lol..
i can at least understand his pain
Last edited by voodoojin on Aug 3, 2015, 2:04:45 PM
Probably you crashed because it had to load the Windripper graphics. Pretty sad story, makes me think about my plans to chance uniques.

And yes, they should work on the stability of the game. Feel sorry for you (which probably does not help, but still ;)).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
seems to me that loading graphics can only make the client side fail
which doesn't result in a rollback
only server side crashes can

tbh i don't see the point of this post.
an online game that never has server issues, does not exist.

stop expecting it to exist.

there were some issues at the release of 2.0
but crashes / DC have become very few now as most problems have been fixed.

i'm sorry you lost your windripper , but all i see is someone ranting on a feedback forum.
instead of posting this on the BUG forum just incase this wasn't just bad luck.
"
Nephthysis wrote:
I regret even the 10 dollars I spent in support of the Awakening.

10 dollars? 10 WHOLE dollars?

Surely you have been given a great injustice and is completely justified in your whining!

(sarcasm may be present above)

From your characters you've had plenty of fun... Much more than any other game paid by subscription would give you for the same amount of money.
Also, every piece of complex software has bugs. Live with it!
Last edited by Cyzax on Aug 4, 2015, 3:17:12 AM
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
Nephthysis wrote:
I regret even the 10 dollars I spent in support of the Awakening.

10 dollars? 10 WHOLE dollars?

Might've even been 20 half dollars or - can you imagine - 40(!) quarters.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
There's something I don't get in such threads.

Let's say you go to the movies. I don't know how it is where you live, but I live in the poorest EU country (Bulgaria) and the movie ticket is ~5 dollars. Problem is, movie theaters actually make more money from food and beverages, so they are grossly overpriced. I cough up another 5 to 10 dollars to have a bite and a drink. I also go around with taxis, which are pretty cheap here, but the bill in the end is about 20 dollars for ~3 hours of supposed fun.

Problem is, most movies today are complete shit. They are so outrageously, retardedly bad, I just stopped going.

I'm sure lots of other people have had the same experience - spending ten, or twenty, or fifty, for a few hours of brain-damaging onscreen stupidity and toxic overpriced junk food.

And yet, I never hear people raging after the movie. If they applied the same criteria as people on this forum, there should've been riots and revolutions after each goddamn movie.

You've had hundreds or thousands of hours of entertainment and you rage about ten fucking dollars and a bug in a complex piece of software.

Amazing.

p.s. by the way, this Windripper represents, as a worst case scenario, one week of farming in a completely new league starting from scratch and with zero lucky drops (if you know what you're doing). Or you can get a comparable rare bow at half the price. A little bit of rarity/quantity isn't the end of the world. There are dirt cheap and pretty decent IIR gloves, rings, helms and amulets.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 4, 2015, 4:30:53 AM
It is true that the game shouldn't crash from loading a texture (or perhaps the achievement for chancing a unique).
On the other hand, you didn't lose anything. The bow was white again so you should also have your chance orb back. Small solace, I know, but at least some.

And yes, even if you're from a very poor country/ family and 10$ are not peanuts to you, for a game like PoE it's not much, IMO, given that you seem to have had hours of fun already.
And then there's Charan's offer, of course.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Bars wrote:
There's something I don't get in such threads.

Let's say you go to the movies. I don't know how it is where you live, but I live in the poorest EU country (Bulgaria) and the movie ticket is ~5 dollars. Problem is, movie theaters actually make more money from food and beverages, so they are grossly overpriced. I cough up another 5 to 10 dollars to have a bite and a drink. I also go around with taxis, which are pretty cheap here, but the bill in the end is about 20 dollars for ~3 hours of supposed fun.

Problem is, most movies today are complete shit. They are so outrageously, retardedly bad, I just stopped going.

I'm sure lots of other people have had the same experience - spending ten, or twenty, or fifty, for a few hours of brain-damaging onscreen stupidity and toxic overpriced junk food.

And yet, I never hear people raging after the movie. If they applied the same criteria as people on this forum, there should've been riots and revolutions after each goddamn movie.

You've had hundreds or thousands of hours of entertainment and you rage about ten fucking dollars and a bug in a complex piece of software.

Amazing.

p.s. by the way, this Windripper represents, as a worst case scenario, one week of farming in a completely new league starting from scratch and with zero lucky drops (if you know what you're doing).

I DEFINITELY rage after movies :)
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info