[2.0] 0-1 mana cost Aegis Aurora Incinerate WIP

Going to try this build on warbands, never played a tank before :)
Rolled this jewel for a previous build and exalted the reduced mana cost :P

Played a very similar build to lvl 90. Incredibly tanky. Loved running determination/grace with aegis, it is heaven. Just trivializes tons of mobs.
Question tho... if you've figured out how to mitigate so much damage, why the heavy investment in Life Nodes? Do you still take a few random RNG hay-makers?
I couldn't resist to try this build after watching your hilarous Arid Lake Video aka "TP not safe" !!! :p

I already have a high level Tanky RF Incinerator with half block (40B/30SB), he makes more than enough damage with :
Incinerate
Spell Echo
Faster Casting
LifeLeech (mobs)/ FirePen (bosses)
LMP (open areas) / FasterProj (indoor maps/bosses)
BloodMagic to sustain the INSANE mana cost

What I learned from this character is
- after a very short nerf in the Beta, Incinerate is again the best GEM ever, no mirrored weapon required, no crazy unique required, ... only a 4L and you can make 40 to 80k DPS, which is more than enough for a tank.
- I played Incinerate more than 1000 hours, started with GMP, then LMP, to finally find that a Faster Proj or nothing is almost as good/fast as xMP.
- Incinerate cost is insane, since 2.0 Blood Magic is for me the only way to run it. But I liked your idea of trying to reduce the mana cost to zero.

Since I'm too reckless to play HC, I have used a free lvl88 Marauder to try this out.
So, 4L, reduce mana cost, ES Helmet to have sufficient "ES shield", what can I do ?

With this helmet, only 12% Reduced Mana Cost and 1 Elreon ring are required !
The damage is sufficient for a tank build, ~13k DPS tooltip(i.e. ~50k at stage 3)
24k armour (Determination + Grace) before Granite.
At last but not the least, I have a FREE 6L !!!!!!

I still need to think about it but the first setup that comes to my mind is Vengeance/Riposte/Reckoning with Life Gain on Hit, Curse on Hit + whatever curse you like.
I tried it and it works like a charm.

My Tanky RF Incinerator was great, I can tank Orchard's Devourer with increased damage, but like you said, this AEGIS brings the game to another level.
I'm eager to try high level maps with insane damage mods !!!

Thank you so much for the build idea ! (and sorry for the SoftCore pollution)
How could I forget how OP Aegis is ! (ah yes, I know, I sold mine more than 1 year ago and never dropped one since...)

Nice build man!

Running a Marauder version of this build for a while now an permanent league (wanted to min/max). It is the strongest and tankiest build i have ever played in PoE. Started this at the beginning of 2.0 - glad somebody else figured this kind of build out too (wanted to make a build guide for it but since you did one already i don't have to).
I must state that this build is a little bit expensive (50+ exalts) - no not friendly for new/poor players.

My current stats (lvl 92):
5k Life
800 ES
11.5k tooltip DPS
30k armour with auras
70% block / 53% spell block

Passive Tree (lvl 100)

current gear (good but not fully optimized yet - working on it)
Spoiler

(needed for AA + easy Immune to Silence modifier)

Don't judge me on my rings - they come from my PVP character; i am currently trying to craft more optimized ones. Other things i have to get in the future:
- lvl 4 Enlighten (which will enable Arctic Armour on top of Grace + Determination; +1 boots needed)
- good +2% block gloves
- better jewels (mine are mostly crap but they do the job)

End game stats, at lvl 100, with ~90% perfect gear would look like:
- 6.4k HP
- 1k ES
- 18k-20k tooltip DPS
- 74% block / 60% spell block
- 50k armour with auras
- Arctic Armour

What makes this build so good is it's added flexibility. The gear above shows only the primary setup :). But my build got 3 additional setups for different map encounters so that you can do ALL MAP MODS IN EVERY POSSIBLE COMBINATION without much risk and ALL BOSSES.
All skills cost 0 mana with this setup! This is even designed around for swapping in GMP + Added Chaos if you want; your Incinerate will also cost 0 mana with this expensive setup.

1) Aegis (Grace+Determination+AA)
Spoiler
+ can do all map mods
+ can endure heavy physical damage like a boss
+ face tanking almost all phyiscal based bosses in the game
+ 90% resist against cold damage with flask
+ can use sapping flasks without drawback
+ 74%/60% block

- "only" 70-80k LMP DPS or 90-100k SP DPS
- vulnerable against heavy elemental based bosses like Crematorium boss, Shrine boss, Dominus etc.

This form is perfect for map clearing and for ~90% of all bosses out there. It facerolls Atziri Trio, can take lvl 81 vaal smashes and can do all map mods due to 0 mana cost of all skills used. Curse on hit Tempest Shield makes the build even more tanky. "vulnerable" to elemental based bosses with multiple damage mods (means "can not facetank if spell block fails" - usually only an issue with multiple elemental damage mods).

2) Rise of the Phoenix + RF (Vitality+PoF+PoL)
Spoiler
+ Immunity to fire damage with Ruby Flasks
+ face tanking almost all fire based and lightning based bosses in the game
+ 90% resist against lightning damage
+ can use sapping flasks without drawback
+ stupid high DPS due to the use of RF (perfect boss killer/fast Atziri runner)
+ nearly immun to reflect even without Ruby flask up

- can't do "no regen/half regen"; "Vulnerability" map mods
- shocked ground map mod is very risky
- chaos degen effects can be dangerous
- "only 18-30k armour" (depending on gear)
- vulnerable to high frequent physical burst damage
- "only" 67%/50% block

This form rquires to switch in
for extra regen to run RF. This setup is primarly for Atziri runs and easiy map mods to amplify clear speed. It's second major use is for high elemental damage based bosses like Malformation Piety with damage mods, Megaera with damage mods, Palace and Residence Dominus with damage mods etc. You can face tank all of them with flasks up and burst them down
Surgeon's prefix on elemental flasks with CoH Assassins Mark grants infinite flasks while using incinerate on a boss (GGG should really nerf Surgeon' s mod if you ask me)

3) +3 Bow Explosive Arrow/Poison Arrow (Determination/Grace/AA)
Spoiler
+ long range setup
+ DoT damage
+ manually able to avoid incomming damage
+ high mobility
+ able to do very dangerous content offscreen
+ can also be used to speed clear easier maps when the layout is fitting with a GMP setup

- less DPS than other variants
- no real burst DPS
- only 28%/36% block chance (with Rearguard) or no block without
- "only" 18-30k armour
- requires extra curse setup if you want to curse at all

This setup is a very special one for your weapon swap. It is only really needed for very dangerous bosses that you can not facetank most times (like lvl 80 Wasteland Voll, lvl 82 daresso + Kaom with damage mods, Excavation Trio or even Village ruin bosses while enraged if you arn't carefull). Exploive Arrow in a +3 Bow as a single target scales with all fire and projectile damage passives and jewels in the tree. Adding "Chance to Ignite"+"Increased Burning Damage" supports on top of it will result in a huge burn DoT effect which will kill any boss out there eventually - even off screen if needed! Poison Arrow is another option against high fire resistant bosses but usually not as effective due to the lack of scaling - 10-12k cloud DPS is achievable with the right gear.
You are wondering about the high mana cost of EA/PA? --> You will use Reduced Mana as a link so your EA/PA skill cost 0 mana to cast

4) Consuming Dark (Determination/Grace/AA)
Spoiler
Short one: Map mods don't allow the use of RF AND has elemental reflect? --> switch in Consuming Dark and swap in life leech for fire penetration and face roll it with your Aegis setup
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Aug 24, 2015, 7:15:24 PM
"
bonltt wrote:
"
Kullevi wrote:

"
theAei wrote:
hey nice build, how does this compare with the MoM/EB/GR incinerate build?

They are different. MY opininion is that yotmato's build is better vs big hits and Atziri/Uber because he can get huge EHP pool. This build makes normal Atziri trio fight very easy tho.

It's matter of taste really, this build starts to shine when things like this happen for example : https://youtu.be/RAct4Ms0xPs

Which of the builds would you say shine the most in higher lvl mapping?

Both should be fine. If you wanna use Aegis then use this build, if not then use the other scion.

"
CoronaLVR wrote:
Going to try this build on warbands, never played a tank before :)
Rolled this jewel for a previous build and exalted the reduced mana cost :P

That jewel is insane.

"
Cyress wrote:
Question tho... if you've figured out how to mitigate so much damage, why the heavy investment in Life Nodes? Do you still take a few random RNG hay-makers?

Well, I feel like you can never have too much life/es in hc leagues. But if you are playing non-hc league then I think you could easily have like 4.5k life or so and be fine.

"
iSkiv wrote:
lot of stuff

Hey, nice idea using the Vertex mask. You could even go "Gellig Mortezzah" style and use Kaoms as chest. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590

"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
lot of stuff

Wow, your post pretty much deserves its own guide thread. Thanks for posting all these setups, looks really good.

I really like your multiple setups and using Assasin mark for flasks sounds nice. Gotta test that heh. Sounds almost too good :)

Keep us updated both of you. I'm really intrested in your setup(s).
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
lot of stuff

"
Wow, your post pretty much deserves its own guide thread. Thanks for posting all these setups, looks really good.

I really like your multiple setups and using Assasin mark for flasks sounds nice. Gotta test that heh. Sounds almost too good :)

Keep us updated both of you. I'm really intrested in your setup(s).

Thank you for the kind words.
I have planed this build out back in Beta when i saw the final passive tree and the final brutal damage increase of mobs in 2.0.

I wanted to create a build which is as efficiant as possible in maping, regardless of cost. So i tried to design a build which can do every map mod and all combinations while beeing extremly tanky - even for group play.
High versatility comes with high costs, but it is absolutly worth it.

The CoH-Assassins Mark setup only works well for high HP bosses (Atziri, Daresso, Kaom, Voll, Vaal and even Uber Atziri, but i don't have done her yet) - otherwise it isn't worth it because everything in less than 10sec (2x flask uses). You can use it to keep up flask through whole maps but i prefer enfeeble over it fo extra safty.

Tempest Shield - Chain - CoH - [Curse] is a very strong setup to use; i would really consider it for you HC character.

Maybe i do my own little guide in the future (if you don't mind), when i have reached level 95 and have aquired a little bit more optimal gear for making a showcase video :)
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Aug 25, 2015, 7:45:52 AM
What's the reasoning for not running alphas howl?

The downside of getting no life and no es(which would be minimal in any case) seems fairly small compared to the upsides.

- High base evasion and upgraded grace/determination
- Run Shock flask instead of freezing flask
- Able to easily fit Arctic armor with grace/determination

Seems like a fairly strong choice for this build.
Should be able to get enough resists with well rolled elreon rings and jewels.
Wanted to post a guide on my Aegis Incinerator, but then found this thread and half or your tree is pretty much exactly the same as mine, so I decided not to bother ;)

Idea about bringing Incin to 1-0 cost is really good, so much dps from an additional gem instead of BM.

What I did differently is that I use Determ + AA + Herald, no IR.

AA adds WAY more survivability than Grace. Reason is very simple - you chill all dangerous enemies and map bosses, so they become super slow and easy to deal with.

Devourers? They pretty much always pop up in your chill traill, and can't even land a shot before they die. Chilling effect of AA is just amazing.

I found that 30k armour I get with Granite was more than enough to deal with any phys damage so far. And this is using a really bad 6L with almost no armour, if I get one with 1900+ it should bump armour to 50+k flasked. Not as much as with IR but enough.

ANd Aegis is super OP ;) I was able to kill Necropolis merveil in 77 map being lvl 76, when EVERYONE else bailed out (all 80-90 lvl chars) not even trying to kill the boss.

Wiesl_1404

How exactly do you run Grace+Det+AA? That is 125% mana reserve. You have 4% reduced aura reservation on entire tree. So it is impossible with the tree that you posted. You don't even have them linked to Enlighten.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 30, 2015, 7:02:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info