Spark

"
Ledrif wrote:
I know some projectiles cant hit the same target more than once, However I always just assumed spark could-how does this also relate to sparks bounces(with pierce). For clarification: If I shoot 3 bolts, the first one hits a target, bounces off a wall, hits him again, then bounces and hits for a third time Does it actually damage 3 times?
If spark hits a target, that projectile stops, because it hit something. It doesn't go on unless you've given your sparks a chance to pierce. In that case, they follow the same piercing rules as any projectile (can only damage each target once), but because of spark's unique nature, it clears it's memory of pierced targets each time it changes direction. So each time it pierces through a target it'll damage them once, then forget it has when it changes direction and can then hit them again.

"
Ledrif wrote:
After the first one hits him, can the second and third projectiles also hit him?
Correct, like all spell projectile except Ethereal Knives.

"
Ledrif wrote:
When you cast spark if it roll a crit every spark crits, If I recall correctly this is also true for projectiles summoned from the attack(such as from fork). How does this work with the flask modifier +1 charge on crit. Does each contact with a spark generate 1charge, does the first contact from the bolt or to a target generate 1charge, or does the attack as a whole regardless of the amount generate only 1charge?
The reason they all crit together is crit is rolled once for the cast, not for each instance of damage. You can only gain one charge from each cast, if any damage dealt by that was critical (can be different in the case of Critical Weakness curse, for example).
"
Kamro wrote:
I quote the patch notes

"
Critical strikes have been standardised in how they interact with repeating actions. The critical roll is made only once per action, regardless of how many repeats that action does. Exceptions are Tempest Shield (which rolls each time you block), Piety's Ball Lightning (which rolls per target) and Infernal Blow/Explosive Arrow (which roll separately for the explosion).

Any Idea if this will be bad or good for our little forking and roaming sparks, if i understand it right, it will be so that once it pops out of the totem and then its a crit or not but what about when it forks ? and The forks of the forks ?
That has no effect on anything currently in the game*, as there's no way to have repeated actions until the Multistrike gem is available.

*Not actually true - some monsters use repeated actions, such as voidbearers, which use a flame cast spell with a repetition count of around 20ish to ensure they don't just do one flame and then go back to moving. But there's not way for a player to get repeated actions currently in the game.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 5, 2013, 11:24:02 PM
"
Progammer wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

*Not actually true - some monsters use repeated actions, such as voidbearers, which use a flame cast spell with a repetition count of around 20ish to ensure they don't just do one flame and then go back to moving. But there's not way for a player to get repeated actions currently in the game.

So after this patch if a voidbear crit and we stay in the range we are toasted (literally) as all subsequent hit will crit (having the same crit roll and our crit avoidance doesnt change)?
That specific case hasn't changed either - their fire skill already worked this way, as did basically all the projectile skills. The ones which worked differently and needed changed were some non-projectile spells and most of the area attacks.
"
Merwise wrote:
If spark projectiles destroy themselves after travling a set distance of 150 units doesn't that render every projectile speed useless?
They don't explode after travelling 150 units. They explode once they're 150 units from the caster. They can travel as long as they like, bouncing back and forth, within that radius.
"
Merwise wrote:
And what is that "in line with other projectile spells" supposed to be? I'm leveling with frost bolt which is a projectile spell and my bubbles travel miles compared to spark.
150 units is the maximum projectile travel distance. Spark previously got around this because it does lots of individual short movements. It no longer does, and thus has the same effective killing distance as other projectiles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info