Freezes ingame, forums go down... AGAIN?

I did that yesterday when I again had an above average amount of lag-spikes. But then when I returned to my HO I got this crash:

So I lost all the WinMTR data that I collected over the day...
But they must have enough data by now. There was this massive topic about it and then a moderator said that we should make our own topics about it. But for me it's 99% of the time this node "po1.fcr01.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com" where the data is 'lost'. Everytime there is a lagspike, it's there at that node. At least if I read WinMTR correctly, which may not be the case :P.

Anyway, I still have problems and I'm still unable to play hardcore (at least for lockstep) because of it.
Last edited by silverdash on Aug 21, 2015, 3:46:26 AM
Again 4x this morning now. Some very long lag spikes. Also I am unable to quick-logout during a lag-spike (game won't let me). It's extremely dangerous leveling with these spikes and sometimes even a server rollback.
"
silverdash wrote:
- packet loss is anywhere between the router and the final destination in winmtr
- Packet loss is usually between 1-3%, but can go up to 20% in the worst case that I saw.

I am NOT trying to discount any problems you are having, but do you know what I'd give to have only 3% packetloss? :) I average between 10-30% packetloss on occasion. :(

Good luck getting yours solved!
The packetloss percentage is low, but the lag spikes are enormous. Besides it only takes a single 10-second-lag-spike during one hour of gameplay to rip at high level to lose hours of xp... And hardcore in lockstepmode is impossible for me. And worst of all, I can't logout during a lag-spike and the menu becomes completely unresponsive.

Also if I start winmtr during a massive lagspike, then the packetloss is extremely high. But if I keep it running for longer periods of time, it will eventually go down to 0-3%. But again, the spikes itself are the problem and only 1 spike is needed to loss so much work...

Anyway, today my lagspikes are the worst ever. WinMTR shows 0% packet loss. My ping ingame shows average of 500-700 and every action I take = delayed and running maps is nearly impossible atm. Even walking around in my hideout is problematic and looks like a slideshow.

winmtr of this morning (very short because I quit because it's unplayable):
Spoiler
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.1.1 - 0 | 476 | 476 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 |
| ip1-152-209-87.adsl2.static.versatel.nl - 0 | 476 | 476 | 28 | 84 | 720 | 28 |
| unlabelled-213-24-53-212.versatel.net - 0 | 476 | 476 | 33 | 87 | 718 | 34 |
| ae6-0.br04sara.versatel.net - 0 | 476 | 476 | 34 | 90 | 705 | 37 |
| softlayer.equinix-am1.nl-ix.net - 0 | 476 | 476 | 34 | 88 | 720 | 34 |
| ae6.dar01.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com - 0 | 476 | 476 | 34 | 89 | 712 | 36 |
| po1.fcr01.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com - 1 | 468 | 466 | 34 | 90 | 735 | 47 |
| speedtest.ams01.softlayer.com - 0 | 476 | 476 | 35 | 89 | 721 | 36 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

When I connect to another game like Ark Evolution, I have 23-33 ping... League of Legends also runs fine for longer periods of time w/o lagspikes. But not this game. It's not my provider, it's not my router or internal network. It's probably GGGG's network somewhere.
Last edited by silverdash on Aug 31, 2015, 8:43:18 AM
Last 3 mornings in a row, packet loss on:
"
po1.fcr01.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com

Again lag spikes. The packet loss goes to ~40% for this node during the spike. Then over time it all evens back out to 0-3% again. Because the spike is very short, outside of the lagspike there is no packet loss.
Last edited by silverdash on Sep 8, 2015, 3:24:18 AM
Lots of freezes for me too. I had hoped that lockstep would finally allow me to play hardcore. It doesn't. Even my softcore chars suffer from lockstep freezes. I finally reverted back to predictive mode. And then, new problems arose: frequent forced logout (even lost portals to map), cannot login ("server is full", x people are ahead of you in the queue).

Maybe this is good news to GGG, they have more players apparently. Bad news for the players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info