0.10.1 Patch Notes

I think the Etheral Knives buff on Perepetus was a bit too much. It is true before only the Bear Traps we're to be feared while his EK did no dmg, but the buff is insane.
I knew the change since i read the patchnotes but it wasn't specific on how much of a increase it was. Even do i was pretty careful I died in 2 hits.

I'm not complaining about dying (it was softcore anyway so wtvr some xp lost) and it was my fault for getting trapped by him so he could hit me - but I'm pretty sure he hit me for ~1.5k with a Granite up.

To shorten - I think the buff was needed to make the mob more scary but I think you may have gone a bit overboard. It will make Sarn farming for maps on hardcore extremely risky which would leave us with no good zone to farm maps.
"
srnkrkgrd wrote:
I couldn't help myself. I know this post wasn't peticually aimed at me, but I feel the need to reply to it.

"
Aixius wrote:
How about you all give yourselves more than an hour or two to memorize the new gem designs before declaring that it is "more difficult than before to differentiate!" when that is clearly not the case.

I was trying to restrain myself from jumping to conclusions as you will see if you read my posts. As to the part of your statement:
"
Aixius wrote:
clearly not the case
That is just an opinion as the:
"
more difficult than before to differentiate
and they're like assholes. Everyones got one. If you want people to respect yours then I suggest that you lead by example or prepare to have yours violated by other people.

"
Aixius wrote:

The active skills all look like the old skill gems with added art that symbolizes what it does. The support skills all have a much more custom look and for the most part feature a rounded gem and/or a deeper colour.

I think that you might have left out the opening of these statements. Did you mean "I feel..", "I think.." or "I believe.." or is that implied, since you're the author of this post?

I feel that any criticism is good criticism as long as it is contructive criticism. And that it tries to improve the thread in general.

Take this post as in example of poor thread behavior, where I nitpick your post and do try the two-wrongs makes a right theory. I just believe that your post is unconstrutive eventhough I think you meant well.

And I still stick to my earlier posted opinions on the new gems design. Certainly a step in the right direction for me, but not an optimal. Peace out!

Actually, it is not just my opinion that all the gems are different: they are all different. With that in mind, all the gems can now be identified at a glance which was not possible before since they all looked exactly the same. All that is needed now is some time to learn what the different icons represent.

Thanks for your opinions regarding opinions though. I feel that you contributed very little to this discussion.
Thank you for your time and investment into the game!
I'm very disappointed of new duelist animation. Previous was much more realistic, especially with two-handed swords. Now he looks like a drunken girl on broken heels. It's very awful. Please, return previous animation.
I have some issues with the new duelist dual wield animations too... Can't really pinpoint it, and it's not awful, but I wasn't in love with the old one and yet this doesn't seem right.
I have a problem recognizing gems now..
Support gems vs skill gems in stash.
Before supp were round easily noticeable and now..

Can something be done about it?

Also why can't gem's stack?it would be wonderful addition
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
I have a problem recognizing gems now..
Support gems vs skill gems in stash.
Before supp were round easily noticeable and now..

Can something be done about it?

Also why can't gem's stack?it would be wonderful addition

how you can stack lvl1 and lvl 5 gem? you cant because different exp

how to recognize support gems? its imposible now, maybe change rings color from gold to another color?
Last edited by limzor on Feb 13, 2013, 11:49:29 AM
at least stack same quality gems?or maybe just lvl 1 ?i have whole stash page just gems..

And Oh BOY what would i give to see hp of enemies .....enter in party with 2 summoners..fire rain ..add 2-3 more ppl to that and just sit and watch not recognizing what is what

for rangers it might be doable cause they can shift attack from spot...BUT melee?
i take my hat for you if u can spot enemy.OR at least add some target supporting system?
Like press T to support target as your party?
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Feb 13, 2013, 12:36:09 PM
An "ouch" for the skill gems...

Id really like to see some more recognizable optics, for example: I clearly miss seeing unique item as such through special graphics on the character.

But this... hardly made up textures thrown on top... headache in bit-form...
At least for me its now a lot, and i want to underline that, lot harder to recognize and seach through them. :(
Last edited by Seelenernter on Feb 13, 2013, 1:01:28 PM
The following spoiler is just a long tid bit about the poster Aixius and my disagreement with his behaviour.
Spoiler

"
Aixius wrote:

Actually, it is not just my opinion that all the gems are different: they are all different.

While you're correct in the fact that the gems are now all different this comment
"
Aixius wrote:

How about you all give yourselves more than an hour or two to memorize the new gem designs before declaring that it is "more difficult than before to differentiate!" when that is clearly not the case.

that you made could only as I've read the posts have been a reference to this:

"
Antigegner wrote:

Furthermore the difference between support gems and skill gems isn't so clear anymore.

Since he was the only person to post about the anything in resemblance to the context of your statement.

"
Aixius wrote:
With that in mind, all the gems can now be identified at a glance which was not possible before since they all looked exactly the same.

No. Before there was a distinct difference on skill vs support gems that has now been obscured to gain a uniqueness to each gem, which makes Antigegner's point valid. And while I prefere the uniqueness of each gem I would love it could combine both qualities, so they'd be unique, but with a distictiveness so it was obvious if the gem was a skill or a support gem.

"
Aixius wrote:

All that is needed now is some time to learn what the different icons represent.

This is exactly why I was saying that my initial though was that the designs weren't very intuitive, which is a quality that I would have loved. The only gem that I reckonized inuitively was the support gem accurancy. My point was that I would have loved for the design to be more generic and to have used symbols that would make skill/support gems that affect the same area of game mechanics say 'minions' to have a destict feature that would be the same across all those gems.

To sum it up I'd basically love to be able to see the following qualities just be looking at the visual representation of a gem:

• Their main attribute str, dex, int
  • Their status as being eigther a skill or support gem
  • Their quality level 0 - 20
  • The skill they represent in an intuitive way
  • The features they have - physical, minion, fire, chaos, knockback ect.
  • Those same features on other gems for reconizability of one type say for example 'minion' gems

To get all of those into a small clip art would certainly be hard, but then trick could be utilized like chancing the overlay of all viewable gems in stash/inventory/equipment by say holding down ctrl, alt, shift or a combination of them. Anyways.. thats what I'd love to see.

"
Aixius wrote:

Thanks for your opinions regarding opinions though. I feel that you contributed very little to this discussion.

You're welcome. And I'm happy to inform you that I feel the same about your posts. Like I stated in my previous post: If you want people to respect your opinion you should start by respecting others. And this isn't a discussion. This is you making claims without any argumentation for them.

I basically feel that you neglect to comprehend peoples constructive cristism on how to improve this awesome game, because you're blinded by your misunderstood fanboyism. I respect that you're a Gold Supporter, which is a badge of honour.

In my humble opinion it is not good style to just claim that a change is perfect and other people should quit whining, when they are in fact providing valuable feedback to the designers.

So what do you think that you contribuated to the thread that is soo great that other people should just shut up? Rhetorical question - please by the love of God don't answer it!
Last edited by srnkrkgrd on Feb 13, 2013, 2:06:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info