[2.0.x] Iron Will Incinerate Totems 1200+ Strength, 16k+ tooltip, 8k+ life (updated 11/13/2015)

Pretty much what Ciatlov said. And you have the right idea with swapping things for Ele Reflect maps, making them pretty runnable.
Got 25.5mana regen and casting 6l incinerate totem just fine. Don't know why you think you need 40-50 regen on this. Put in a mana pot for -regen maps. No regen maps are easily runnable aswell

Check my character AdrianFishStick on my profile

Using RF atm
Last edited by adrinatoren on Aug 24, 2015, 8:52:47 PM
Is there a level where it would be beneficial to swap from the 8% totem damage/3% totem cast speed nodes into the totem life%/resist% nodes? Fights like Merveil in maps are terrible. Am I just better off avoiding those and doing more dps? Thoughts?
Merveil boss is about totem placement I have done double Merveil boss maps on Tempest in graveyard and neceopolis maps and it can get very dicey. Try swapping spire of stone in if you need it and make sure to run a sapphire flask and a chill removal 5.8 second quicksilver if you are having problems.
"
Ciatlov wrote:
So doing some optimization theorycrafting. Drop increased duration in the flammability/enduring cry/increased aoe/increased duration link for blood magic. This will enable you to run totems on very little mana and very low level clarity. It will also enable you to drop double totems and flammability/enduring cry immediately after with 50-60 mana instead of needing 100+. You could run haste/anger/clarity(lvl1) with just an enlighten level 3(+1) gem and 800 mana. To run high level 18 haste you would need to pick up 40 dexterity over faster projectile cap which for me would mean picking up a 30 dex node and taking a dex travel node instead of strength travel but for someone else might mean changing gear around alot. 8% movespeed and 16% cast speed for your group sounds very juicy as 20% movespeed boots we use are not so fun in some groups.

Could run purities and a herald with this setup too obviously. Running purities you could drop some resists from gear/jewels for damage and be a bit safer vs elemental damage. Unfortunately not an easy way to get level 23 purity for us so no +5 from level 23.

Wouldn't it be better to run Herald of Ice, Thunder, and Anger like this? Clarity can probably be in another item without Enlighten and still work. I have tried a high level Haste vs a high level HoI and Haste is only marginally better and requires double the mana. Using HoI and HoT together would probably be way better than Haste while using the same amount of mana.

I'm at a point now where I feel like I should either go back to the BM version or commit to the mana version and buy a level 3 Enlighten. It's going to cost me like 6 exalts or something though so I have to be sure before I buy it.
Last edited by Hookt on Aug 26, 2015, 10:33:11 AM
Haste gives movespeed as well as buffing group members. You can run what auras you prefer. Regardless lvl3 enlighten should let you run another aura.
Hi there, looks like a fun build! What do you think of doing 1 totem and firestorm with this build as an alternative to using a 6link?
"
SenyaPoet wrote:
Hi there, looks like a fun build! What do you think of doing 1 totem and firestorm with this build as an alternative to using a 6link?

You would still want a 6-link to get the most out of your build even if you went with Firestorm and only one totem though. If you are on a budget a better option would probably be getting a Tabula Rasa and using a good defensive shield to make up for it.
Added more information for the mana version to the main post as I think it's fairly clear at this point just how viable it is with the right setup.

"

As said by Hookt, you still want the 6L even with this setup since it adds so much to the totem. You are welcome to try it and report back though because I know Firestorm ends up being pretty powerful if you throw it into a Doon.

"
Fenrils wrote:
Added more information for the mana version to the main post as I think it's fairly clear at this point just how viable it is with the right setup.

"

As said by Hookt, you still want the 6L even with this setup since it adds so much to the totem. You are welcome to try it and report back though because I know Firestorm ends up being pretty powerful if you throw it into a Doon.

Why do you feel that you need clarity for this? Sustaining my 6l incinerate totem with 33 mana cost per totem and only have 25.5 mana regen. In -regen maps then I just put in a mana pot instead of granite flask. No regen maps are not much problem either by just spamming mana pots. Also reflect maps are fairly easy aswell when using the 75% chaos dagger.
My only investement into mana is 3 passives (mana flows and shaper) and a bit of flat mana on gear. Clarity is almost pointless

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info