Caustic Arrow

That is true, unfortunately. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, though!
"
marnec wrote:
I noticed that if I support poison arrow with item quantity/quality gems, their effect only applies when an enemy is killed by the arrow, and not when is killed by the poison. Is this correct? Is this intentional or a bug? and if it is a bug, is it going to be adjusted?
sorry for bad english ;)

"
AintCare wrote:
my feedback for this skill is as follows:

character build: PA for AoE
level:n/a

There is absolutely no use for this skill passed lvl 30 inmho, I tried theory crafting for LA as AoE for massive Area Dmg but it just wont do since most mechanics do not work as AoE for poison arrow...

Conc effect is disabled - why?? its AoE skill, but game wont treat it as such??

also its a ranged attack but cant be attached to a totem??

is it because it will make it OP? more op then a current discharge build? I don't think so!

you guys have bunch of inconsistencies in mechanics for this game and it is very painful... make up your mind and stick with it, is it too much to ask?

There's a mechanical difference between degeneration and your average area-of-effect skills. If you wanted them to function as other skills, uyou would need to have the degen effect be a lot of small, frequent hits, which would both create a significant amount of lag and allow these skills to be stacked on enemies, which would require a significant re-balancing of these skills too. Degeneration is not an inconsistent mechanic, it's just a rare one.

Additionally because the degeneration occurs separate to the skill itself, this is why support gems interact differently with them.

Additionally, PA has a noticeably different targeting mechanic that would interact strangely with totems, which I'm assuming is this issue here.

"
Hrishi wrote:
"
KaMaCyTpA wrote:
With vulnerability, the could can do MAXIMUM of 1440 damage per second!
Your cap!

Technically would you be able to shock stack up to 3 times and further increase the cap? Perhaps you could link added lightning damage and use a Lightning damage bow to achieve shock stacking to increase the damage of the DoT (assuming it does affect it).

Arc/LW totem with Elemental Proliferation and Static Blows. I have a dual LW totem build that shock stacks like crazy.

Been thinking of a PA build myself, 3 shock stacks, +3 PA and Vulnerability would come together for almost a 3000 DPS build that wouldn't require much in the sake of gear outside of that inital +3 bow. You could pretty much run a 2L PA (Faster Attacks) to make it your main skill. Accuracy is irrelevant, a 4L totem would be sufficient for shocking, you only need one curse, you don't need any notables outside of what you feel like doing defensively. Additionally, you're a ranged build that needs one attack and one totem cast to be at your maximum potential.

You're defensively strong, you have a very low gear requirement, insane flexibility passives-wise, your main skill is 34 mana (41 if you link to faster attacks) and you're running Chaos damage, which means the mobs that resist it only have a very low resistance to it, compared to elemental resist mobs and the issues faced there.

And you could, if you wanted to invest in a very good bow, also have a great single target attack by linking PA to some things, it has 52% of your damage added as Chaos at level 23, and with the aforementioned benefits of chaos, you could stick a quality Added Chaos on there and essentially you can get up to a 57% multiplier on your initial hit. Then you count the shock stacks you're getting from your totem...
I have a question to GGG

Poison Arrow + Chin Sol + Point Blank (gem)

does it work at all? I see that all other skills behave like they should - upclose the damage is WAY higher than normal, it is clearly visible

with Poison Arrow something is not right. Could GGG clarify what SHOULD happen is such situation?

how is the poison cloud affected? (probably not at all)
how is the 'hit' affected?
am I right that if poison arrow 'explodes' in front of target (not because of connecting but because game thinks I wanted it to hit the ground) only the poison cloud affects the monster?
how should I use the Poison Arrow to make sure that arrows actualy fly far enough to connect instead exploding mid-flight? from my experience with PA it seems that most my attacks explode prematurely dealing miniscule damage..
Click behind monsters to hit them with the arrow.

The cloud does not deal Damage, it deals Damage over Time. It does not benefit from Damage-specific damage bonuses, such as Chin Sol.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Click behind monsters to hit them with the arrow.

Yes, the aiming on this one is a bit finicky if you actually want to hit mobs with the arrow and take advantage of that juicy added chaos damage. I can see occasions where you'd want it to explode in mid-air, when you're in wide open space and want to create a cloud in front of you before the mobs even arrive, but most of the time IMO this mechanic is a *disadvantage* of Poison Arrow relative to other skills.

With most skills, if you have a piercing projectile you can just click on any old mob and watch it pierce all the way through the pack and possibly off-screen. With Poison Arrow you have to remember to click as far away from yourself as possible to get the most out of the arrow (while still making sure to hit something), and it is fundamentally incapable of landing a direct hit on anything beyond the edge of the screen. It can be especially hard to hit monsters while they are fleeing (fleeing being something you'd otherwise want on a DOT build).
I've noticed that the DOT associated with the cloud often is cancelled by something. Any idea if this is predictable or simply a bug? I tend to fire PA into a croud and then start picking off monsters with Burning Arrow. Does the Burning effect from the arrow or from proliferation cancel out PA's DOT?
The cloud and Burning damage stack just fine. Sure they're not just moving outside the AoE?
Could be... I didn't realize that they had to stay in the cloud to keep being poisoned. I thought once the DOT was applied by the cloud, it would run for it's full duration regardless. I'll keep an eye out for this and get back to you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXbwsvB7oSY&feature=youtu.be

Build is working out pretty good, but I just equipped my 3 bow skills bow and empower gem. Will see how damage is in maps. Right now it contributes extremely well in groups. I'm just sad onslaught is ending soon, and I just found this bow and 5 linked it. Should be an extremely solid hardcore character that can stand the test of time. Already added 500 hp since this vid was taken, and plan on pushing 5-6k without kaom's.
After reading the patch notes I assumed that poison arrow cloud damage degeneration could be increased in damage however upon using concentrated effect it still does nothing. Clarify please what exactly the changes were.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info