Ice Nova

I've a lvl 32 Witch who has been leveling this for a long time. It's level 8 now. In my build, I was planing to use this as an emergency spell when surrounded by foes, but the cast speed is soooo slow, that I usually get hit multiple times before it goes off.

Also is doesn't freeze nearly often enough. So, I think the casting speed should go up by like 30% and freeze chance go up too. Maybe tone down the damage a bit...

Last edited by Thalandor on Aug 13, 2012, 1:15:52 PM
I am not sure if this is by design for the skill or a bug. I just started my first witch and really enjoy the ice nova skill. However, in the mud flats it seems if the Rhoas start their charge animation outside the initial range of the ring they are not hit. So if they are charging at me and within radius of being hit but started outside the range when I cast the skill, they do not get damaged. I was curious was the damage supposed to take place if an enemy is within range or if they are hit by the animation? If it is the latter it is not working correctly. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you
"
kingcurt38 wrote:
I am not sure if this is by design for the skill or a bug. I just started my first witch and really enjoy the ice nova skill. However, in the mud flats it seems if the Rhoas start their charge animation outside the initial range of the ring they are not hit. So if they are charging at me and within radius of being hit but started outside the range when I cast the skill, they do not get damaged. I was curious was the damage supposed to take place if an enemy is within range or if they are hit by the animation? If it is the latter it is not working correctly. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you
[shield] charge protects you during the trip last time i remember.
I don't see were people are having damage problems with ice nova early, I have leveled numerous ice nova templars and with a good spell dam shield and wand you crush early game.
Note: I haven't played v0.9.12 yet, so I don't know if it has been revamped.

The only thing I don't like about this skill is its color, that dull blue. It lacks luminosity.

I'd prefer if it was more bluish/white/bright, like Freezing Pulse (but not as much):
Last edited by Rhalph on Sep 11, 2012, 2:34:31 AM
Has anyone tried this with the Rime Gaze unique mask (level 65)? I think there's a bug with ice nova, as it seems to have no impact on spell dps above and beyond the implicit 10% cold damage buff of the mask.

Petrov.
Is there a reason this skill is so weak? The base damage on it at later levels is laughable at best, and the cast speed is absolutely dreadful - critical modifier is even the minimum nonzero: 5%. Worse yet, the mana costs are very high given it doesn't have much benefit. It doesn't even have inherent status effects like other spells do.

This is my absolute favorite skill, but I've never been able to build anything viable around it because it's just so damn weak. :(

EDIT: Just realized base critical modifier can actually be lower (see Shock Nova's 3%), so I was wrong on that count.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Dec 24, 2012, 12:26:45 AM
"
Is there a reason this skill is so weak? The base damage on it at later levels is laughable at best, and the cast speed is absolutely dreadful - critical modifier is even the minimum nonzero: 5%. Worse yet, the mana costs are very high given it doesn't have much benefit. It doesn't even have inherent status effects like other spells do.

This is my absolute favorite skill, but I've never been able to build anything viable around it because it's just so damn weak. :(

dont agree with that in my opinion overpowered as hell!!!! especially if you have the right build and support gems linked with it. its a gem who need high quality you ever had a 20 quality or 15 icenova gem ???
"
DonCamillo wrote:
"

dont agree with that in my opinion overpowered as hell!!!! especially if you have the right build and support gems linked with it. its a gem who need high quality you ever had a 20 quality or 15 icenova gem ???

Quality just adds AoE, it doesn't fix the damage problems. Compared to other skills, it is simply low. Unless the data here is wrong, you can see it doesn't even break 200 damage at the max range and probably barely hits 100 at the minimum, and it's one of the slowest casting times in the game.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
its not "that" slow and you can still use fast cast passives. the AoE is already largest there is, just a 30% (wiki is behind) boost to AoE size means you can stay pretty far away or hit many foes at once. 40% + 20% quality from long time ago + 20% from dw'ing divinarus daggers (also long time ago) covered the screen top and bottom.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info