Ice Nova

Am I missing something, or does Ice Nova not benefit from increased radius % passives? Visually, the radius stays the same...
"
tzaro wrote:
Can the animation please reflect the actual radius of the skill? I would really like it this could happen. Not just for this skill but for all the skills
We can't currently scale the current ice nova effect. When it's redone it will be made scalable.
If you don't have "Concentrated effect" - the gem that boosts aoes - you're not doing it right.
Just need a unique cold scepter/wand/staff to come out and let the ice nova builds flourish.
You can do chaos with this. All it needs is 20% resist interruption while casting aoe keystone to make it fully viable. Or some other way to gain resist interruption.

Atm I am using evasion to acheive this. Sweet spot is once you get above 30% evasion, really difficult to get though and still keep the 4-5K es you need and resists.

Also build completely depends on diamond flasks to keep enemies permanently CC'd frozen. If diamond flasks are nerfed the build is dead.
IGN: Guillotine - Shadow - Open Beta
Bawss - 73 Witch - Closed Beta

Last edited by tzaro on Apr 25, 2012, 10:58:04 PM
Does the weakness of this spell in late-game have anything to do with the fact that it's not affected by multiple projectiles, unlike most other offensive spells? Maybe AoE support gems need a buff.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
tzaro wrote:
Can the animation please reflect the actual radius of the skill? I would really like it this could happen. Not just for this skill but for all the skills
We can't currently scale the current ice nova effect. When it's redone it will be made scalable.

Ok get that, but im experiencing that area effect has no effect whatsoever to ice nova currently. I tried everything to get bigger area but nothings working(passive skills,iae,quality ice nova etc).
And i dont mean the graphical effect!
Seems after last patch something happened!?
"The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know…"
If you have those it will result in hitting enemies that seem past the edge. It does appear to work just fine.
Sry but it does not work fine, ive played ice nova since 0.94 i think i can tell the difference... Even if i replace concentrated damage gem with iae nothing happens with the kill distance. I'm not joiking!
"The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know…"
Edit: Actually the AOE radius was bugged apparently
IGN: Guillotine - Shadow - Open Beta
Bawss - 73 Witch - Closed Beta

Last edited by tzaro on May 30, 2012, 5:14:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info