Firestorm

i've never had a non quality, non duration boosted, non area boosted firestorm land all 8 hits on brutis. was more like 6 or 5 out of 8.
next, i've had plenty of 40% AoE boosted non quality no duration boost firestorm hit a single squid/monkey land 5 or 4 hits out of 8 vs 2 or 3 hits out of 8.

the bolts increase in explosion size just as much as the radius of spread. quality causes more bolts to fire in a given timeframe, and duration is obvious.
Very good setup for firestorm is:
Firestorm at least +5%
+ Faster casting
+ Fire penetration
+ Increased duration
Flammability curse
+ Incerased area of effect

At lvl16 firestorm and lvl16 the other gems, supposing you got all the available increased fire damage passives and with decent wand (about 70% increased spell damage +100 accuracy rating or anything equivalent) stats are about:

500Dps
0.66 sec cast time
2.11 sec skill duration
92 mana cost

What this means is:
After the 3rd firestorm is cast, and supposing you have the mana regen to support permanenet casting (you will need about 92 / 0.66 ~= 140 mana / sec) you have 3PLE COVERAGE.
This means:
Very concentrated firestorm with increased area damage.
3*500 = about 1500 dps
*At least 3ple change to ignite enemy with fire.
*At least 3ple chance to make critical damage.
*Increased chance to shock enemy.
*Small chance or perma-ignite.

*Not sure how these numbers are calculated, so I am supposed they are increased proportionally. In reality, it could be even higher.
Practically, you will rarely see them happen, because you kill anything and everyone even in PvP in 2.5 seconds max.
You can also add an extra, 5th, added lightning damage extra support gem, which may add lightning to the critical hits, increasing the shock duration and the critical damage even further.
Why Firestorm's fireballs dont apply on critical hit buffs like Surgeon's Flasks recharge or Voll's Protector power charges?
Is this intended?

Ok, i tested Firestorm without Remote mine and it applies buffs from critical roll on cast.

How Critical Weakness curse is affecting critical chance of Firestorm spell? It does nothing right?
Last edited by KKRT on Feb 9, 2013, 4:29:15 PM
"
KKRT wrote:
How Critical Weakness curse is affecting critical chance of Firestorm spell? It does nothing right?

It does the same as with literally every other skill; it increases the chance your Firestorm crits (and increases Crit damage) .
How is remote detonate with this spell?
"
sdc88 wrote:
How is remote detonate with this spell?
if you place 5 firestorm mines in once spot, then you get a nice meteor shower sensation.
Yes I can see that from my setup. I'm wondering more about the viability of it.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
KKRT wrote:

It does the same as with literally every other skill; it increases the chance your Firestorm crits (and increases Crit damage) .

How so? Critical Weaknesses is npc based, but critical chance of firestorm is predetermined when casting.
How game would know if You target a ground or mob with critical weaknesses?
mobs hit by crit weakness will have a different threshold from whatever thier preset was randomly made. firestorm's crit chance is determined on cast (as everything else). the roll of firestorm's "chance" runs against the foe's roll (modified or not). also ALL hits of firestorm crits if it was but critical weakness makes things interesting. if some foes not affected by the curse is hit by firestorm with those that are, there is a chance that only those cursed will get crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info